Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#361 » by M-C-G » Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 am

drone3 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

How is he not being talked about in the top 10? He'd look perfect as a switching big next to Giannis
Personality issues.. Motivation questions. Fined 5x by his former team, caught vaping in the locker room etc...

So he has some Hassan Whiteside to him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,060

Post#362 » by emunney » Sun May 19, 2024 5:07 am

Much as I like some of the bigs in this draft, I'm thinking the thing to do is to just take the 2 6-8 guys who can shoot, pass, and dribble in George and Scheierman. Those guys never ever go out of style. Hitting on one is always huge.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,711

Post#363 » by LuessiT » Sun May 19, 2024 5:43 am

emunney wrote:Much as I like some of the bigs in this draft, I'm thinking the thing to do is to just take the 2 6-8 guys who can shoot, pass, and dribble in George and Scheierman. Those guys never ever go out of style. Hitting on one is always huge.

Without having put any research in this year’s draft class I think as a guideline you want to stay away from undersized guards and bigs that do not project to be above average rim protectors and heavily prioritize 3&D wings unless talent level dictates you otherwise.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,549

Post#364 » by drone3 » Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 am

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:Much as I like some of the bigs in this draft, I'm thinking the thing to do is to just take the 2 6-8 guys who can shoot, pass, and dribble in George and Scheierman. Those guys never ever go out of style. Hitting on one is always huge.

Without having put any research in this year’s draft class I think as a guideline you want to stay away from undersized guards and bigs that do not project to be above average rim protectors and heavily prioritize 3&D wings unless talent level dictates you otherwise.
Agree with this, focus on the 6"8 wings. Get two and hope we hit on one of them.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,951

Post#365 » by Fotis St » Sun May 19, 2024 3:11 pm

Thon Maker would be No1 Overall in this draft class even if listed 23y old.

Our team has never had a similar body type player that can stay in front of his man, block all the Boston team on a playoff match and hit some 3s. Thon Maker came here 3 years early, now we sre desperate for any mobile big. He was bullied by the last dinosaurs who played in the league and we gave up on him without replacing him. Now there are no bigs to get pushed around.

Fire Horst for not replacing, drafting, trading for any mobile big. Ibaka, Robin Lopez, are worse than the "7 meals a day king".

Sarr looks similar to Thon ... in fact I think he is a bit worse. Anyway lets remember Thon and appreciate his tools.

Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#366 » by buckboy » Sun May 19, 2024 3:27 pm

Fotis St wrote:Thon Maker would be No1 Overall in this draft class even if listed 23y old.

Our team has never had a similar body type player that can stay in front of his man, block all the Boston team on a playoff match and hit some 3s. Thon Maker came here 3 years early, now we sre desperate for any mobile big. He was bullied by the last dinosaurs who played in the league and we gave up on him without replacing him. Now there are no bigs to get pushed around.

Fire Horst for not replacing, drafting, trading for any mobile big. Ibaka, Robin Lopez, are worse than the "7 meals a day king".

Sarr looks similar to Thon ... in fact I think he is a bit worse. Anyway lets remember Thon and appreciate his tools.

No. He wouldn't. Because he was (and is) a terrible basketball player.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#367 » by Fotis St » Sun May 19, 2024 3:36 pm

buckboy wrote:

We don't need a super talented basketball player buckboy ... we need a mobile big who can defend, run, set some picks, hit a 3 occasionally and make some FTs. Our core has enough scoring talent to win a ring, we miss the filling parts
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,764

Post#368 » by msiris » Sun May 19, 2024 3:49 pm

Fotis St wrote:
buckboy wrote:

We don't need a super talented basketball player buckboy ... we need a mobile big who can defend, run, set some picks, hit a 3 occasionally and make some FTs. Our core has enough scoring talent to win a ring, we miss the filling parts
If the the core can stay on the floor. Never can have enough scorers.
Ride the tank
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,671

Post#369 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun May 19, 2024 4:16 pm

Fotis St wrote:
buckboy wrote:

I like Kyle Filipowski. Can also pass, handle, and finish. Consensus mocks at 17 seems underrated.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#370 » by Fotis St » Sun May 19, 2024 4:21 pm

I am rooting for Oso

Fotis St
General Manager

Post#371 » by Fotis St » Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm

I am rooting for Oso

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#372 » by buckboy » Sun May 19, 2024 4:44 pm

Fotis St wrote:
buckboy wrote:

What we need above all else is guys who don't suck.

Thon doesn't fit that criteria because he, ya know, sucks.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,824

Post#373 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 pm

I think this draft will prove to be better than it's being hyped. Top players aren't as dominant as usual because they're so much depth and experience in college basketball.

Extra eligibilityfrom the Covid year, players putting off pro careers because of the NIL, and players moving up from D2 with the new transfer rules have given massive depth to D1.

The combine showed there was tons of players with great measurements, and the drill showed no shortage of speed and skill.

Maybe the draft doesn't have a Wemby at the top, but there will be a bunch of good players to come out of round 2.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,623

Post#374 » by Frank Nova » Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 pm

Same reason I like Furphy at 23 but if Ware falls then you have to take him. I just don’t see that happening now. Not even sure Furphy falls that far at this point, but George would be good too. Carrington as well, not so much the shooting aspect but the passing and dribbling is there and the length to be a real good perimeter defender is also there so it’s worth a gamble.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,651

Post#375 » by Bernman » Sun May 19, 2024 7:13 pm

When it comes to big white guys, I think I'd prefer Hall over Filipowski. I think the standing reach at the combine would give pause - 8'7.5. But at G-League Elite Camp it was 9'. That more jives w/ his 7'1.5" wingspan & being a solid shot-blocker in college.

Filipowski is a t-rex, more stiff, and less strong. Hall has a suddenness to his game. He can body fools. Plays w/ tenacity. They're both similarly skilled, but I think Hall can link his together better due to effort & mobility.

Hall is somewhat evocative of David Lee & Brandon Bass. Both went in the 30s & provided good value. I'd consider Hall there. I wouldn't seriously consider Filipowski. And he's going 1st rd.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#376 » by Fotis St » Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 pm

Watching Indiana's McConnell making an impact, I am thinking of PG Kolek + PF/C Oso . I believe we can draft both of them at #23,34. PLUG N PLAY duo ... If we prioritize immediate impact this duo is as good as it can get with our late picks
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#377 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 pm

Bernman wrote:When it comes to big white guys, I think I'd prefer Hall over Filipowski. I think the standing reach at the combine would give pause - 8'7.5. But at G-League Elite Camp it was 9'. That more jives w/ his 7'1.5" wingspan & being a solid shot-blocker in college.

Filipowski is a t-rex, more stiff, and less strong. Hall has a suddenness to his game. He can body fools. Plays w/ tenacity. They're both similarly skilled, but I think Hall can link his together better due to effort & mobility.

Hall is somewhat evocative of David Lee & Brandon Bass. Both went in the 30s & provided good value. I'd consider Hall there. I wouldn't seriously consider Filipowski. And he's going 1st rd.

Check out Quinten Post. 9'4" standing reach, ACC all- Defense team, 43% 3 point shooter.

I agree that Filpowski plays small.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,060

Post#378 » by emunney » Sun May 19, 2024 10:24 pm

Fotis St wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Pretty sure Thon's available as long as the NBA doesn't overlap with dressage season.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#379 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 19, 2024 10:32 pm

Fotis St wrote:Watching Indiana's McConnell making an impact, I am thinking of PG Kolek + PF/C Oso . I believe we can draft both of them at #23,34. PLUG N PLAY duo ... If we prioritize immediate impact this duo is as good as it can get with our late picks

Kolek is the opposite of McConnell. McConnell had always been a quick and impactful defender. Kolek can shoot far better than TJ, but will likely be closer to unplayable defensively

Oso is just a skill less PF. Bad player.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#380 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 19, 2024 10:46 pm

emunney wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Pretty sure Thon's available as long as the NBA doesn't overlap with dressage season.

Thon gave up on basketball. He couldn't even get on the floor in the G League at the end.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks