ImageImage

Why Redd said this again?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Why Redd said this again? 

Post#1 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:12 pm

"We've got to play with a passion," said Bucks guard Michael Redd. "Even though we make mistakes, you still compete and play as hard as you can. At this point right now with our team, all I ask is we compete and just control what we can control as individuals and play as hard as we can. We have to compete and play hard and we have to care.

"We have to care. Getting beat by 40 or 50 points is nothing you can just laugh about and joke about and not be mad about. You have to take pride."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=702380

Mr Re
You don't D and you don't challenge the 3's
and you CARE?
You only MAD if the ref doesn't give you the foul or and1
nothing else
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#2 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:23 pm

I have not seen Redd play with passion his entire career here...sure he works hard to get better every year but he doesnt play to win only for stats.
Fandom
Junior

Post#3 » by Fandom » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:41 pm

God, this rehashed drivel that these guys spew out at the media and fans is just getting disgusting.

"We've got to play with passion." "We have to care blah blah blah." "You have to take pride." Seriously, how many times do these guys have to tell themselves (and us) the same old crap? You guys are professional basketball players getting paid millions to play the game, you should have plenty of motivation right there and not have to resort to boring cliche lines.

Stop talking and start balling or get out of town.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#4 » by 75totheMACCfund » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:09 pm

how about when redd went out to "guard" jason kidd when kidd was shooting that three to take the lead? He barely moved to challenge the shot.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#5 » by TheGhostDog » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:46 pm

Redd only consistently plays with passion when he is looking to score. He made some amazing shots against the Nets, but for me the play that best symbolized his "passion" that night was when Yi missed a jumper from the right baseline with about 5 minutes to go in the fourth. The ball bounced all the way out toward the left corner - right by Redd - but he had turned and was walking upcourt and never saw it. I wouldn't have cared if he was hustling back on transition defense, but he was walking and too disinterested to watch the ball bounce next to him. Nets ball, and they go on to win by 2. Ugh.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks