Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,024

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1021 » by Plossum » Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 am

RiotPunch wrote:
German Athens wrote:How would you rank these targets for the bucks?

Cam Johnson
Jerami Grant
Deandre Hunter
DFS
Kuzma
Andrew Wiggins

Grant
Kuzma
DFS
Johnson
Hunter
Wiggins

I get the Cam intrigue, but that's a big salary for another mediocre defender. Not that Kuzma is great, just better.

Call me a cynic but I don't rate Grant. Good player but don't know if he's a 'winning player' as trite as it sounds. He has always been pretty content to play on losing teams and seems more bothered from comments about getting his shots as opposed to playing a lesser role on a winning team. We'd have to trade Midds prob to get him which is a non-starter for me.

Johnson is meh relative to his contract. Wiggins is even worse. Kuzma a goofball. These three are a hard no.

DFS and Hunter would be great. DFS probably a more realistic target. Feel like Atlanta would have a high price for Hunter that we couldn't meet.
#LockUpChuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,987

Post#1022 » by emunney » Fri May 10, 2024 4:43 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
emunney wrote:What I want to know is what this investigation looks like. It's not like Pat threw the ball from within a diabolical tangle of shell companies.

I'm guessing the investigation is entirely into the behavior of the fans and what they did to provoke Bev.

Do the police care about that?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,304

Post#1023 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 10, 2024 4:46 am

It's pathetic that the police are wasting their time on that.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,677

Post#1024 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 10, 2024 4:53 am

When someone hits your car you need to get a police report and they report becomes a main source of evidence.

If the police are involved, I'd guess those fans are looking to sue someone. Belt 2 a$$
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,677

Post#1025 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 10, 2024 4:57 am

That girl he hit was an innocent bystander? She's going to claim some suffering of mental distress and try to get a settlement -- cha ching
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#1026 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am

Matches Malone wrote:Sounds like Horst will be here, but never say never I suppose.

Read on Twitter

Feigin handles business ops not basketball ops but I suppose he'd know. Of course if there was a planned move he wouldn't say anything. But with draft prep underway I'd think a move would have already been made.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#1027 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 am

Bev going to Wolves/Nugs gm3 at Target Center w. Bobby. Said he's going to be in Milwaukee next year like its a done deal.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Post#1028 » by RiotPunch » Fri May 10, 2024 5:28 am

Plossum wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Cam Johnson
Jerami Grant
Deandre Hunter
DFS
Kuzma
Andrew Wiggins

Grant
Kuzma
DFS
Johnson
Hunter
Wiggins

I get the Cam intrigue, but that's a big salary for another mediocre defender. Not that Kuzma is great, just better.

Call me a cynic but I don't rate Grant. Good player but don't know if he's a 'winning player' as trite as it sounds. He has always been pretty content to play on losing teams and seems more bothered from comments about getting his shots as opposed to playing a lesser role on a winning team. We'd have to trade Midds prob to get him which is a non-starter for me.

Johnson is meh relative to his contract. Wiggins is even worse. Kuzma a goofball. These three are a hard no.

DFS and Hunter would be great. DFS probably a more realistic target. Feel like Atlanta would have a high price for Hunter that we couldn't meet.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't view Grant as a great get but merely the best available in that list in my view. Considering cost, DFS is at the top. I think Atlanta might be keen to get off Hunter's contract.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,700

Post#1029 » by LuessiT » Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am

Cam Johnson
Jerami Grant
Deandre Hunter
DFS
Kuzma
Andrew Wiggins

Context matters. If we’re keeping our big 3, we need glue guys, not scorers. Players like Kuzma would be very low on my list or not at all.
In that case I’d like to see more Josh Harts and so on and wouldn’t particularly rate anyone on the list besides DFS and maybe Hunter.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,255

Post#1030 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 7:31 am

LuessiT wrote:

Cam Johnson
Jerami Grant
Deandre Hunter
DFS
Kuzma
Andrew Wiggins

Context matters. If we’re keeping our big 3, we need glue guys, not scorers. Players like Kuzma would be very low on my list or not at all.
In that case I’d like to see more Josh Harts and so on and wouldn’t particularly rate anyone on the list besides DFS and maybe Hunter.

Personally, I think trying to pigeon hole yourself trying to find a "Josh Hart" or "Derrick White" glue guy more often than not you're left with a pretty limited player. I like a guy like DFS but I don't really see the potential for him to hit a high ever like those guys, he's literally never shown it once in his career. Finding a run of the mill 9/5 guy or something who plays good defense is a ton different than finding a guy who is capable of that but so much more in the right opportunity. I think a guy like DFS is safe, you pretty much know what you're going to get but I think if you're looking for that Josh Hart guy you really aren't even close to looking in the right spot IMO.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,700

Post#1031 » by LuessiT » Fri May 10, 2024 7:54 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Cam Johnson
Jerami Grant
Deandre Hunter
DFS
Kuzma
Andrew Wiggins

Personally, I think trying to pigeon hole yourself trying to find a "Josh Hart" or "Derrick White" glue guy more often than not you're left with a pretty limited player. I like a guy like DFS but I don't really see the potential for him to hit a high ever like those guys, he's literally never shown it once in his career. Finding a run of the mill 9/5 guy or something who plays good defense is a ton different than finding a guy who is capable of that but so much more in the right opportunity. I think a guy like DFS is safe, you pretty much know what you're going to get but I think if you're looking for that Josh Hart guy you really aren't even close to looking in the right spot IMO.

I do understand that. The task was to rate these players as potential targets and I did that on the caveat that we keep the big 3 together. Personally the players I named would be at the bottom of my list and I would go after entirely different players (at different positions also).

Imo we should be looking for a starting big next to Giannis, a starting guard next to Lillard and then depth (in that order). Figuring out who to place next to Giannis should be the priority.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,084

Post#1032 » by German Athens » Fri May 10, 2024 11:19 am

LuessiT wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I do understand that. The task was to rate these players as potential targets and I did that on the caveat that we keep the big 3 together. Personally the players I named would be at the bottom of my list and I would go after entirely different players (at different positions also).

Imo we should be looking for a starting big next to Giannis, a starting guard next to Lillard and then depth (in that order). Figuring out who to place next to Giannis should be the priority.

I like that the answers are very different right now. Pretty interesting stuff. You’re right that context matters, I can add that as to where my thought process is.

In all of these scenarios I’d still be looking to target a perimeter defender like Caruso or thybulle, and a big like WCJ or Stewart.

I agree that we need those other two positions, but the big in particular needs to be viewed as a situational starter with a lot more Giannis at the 5. The list of players above would be that other situational starter that would play alongside Giannis at the 3 or 4 depending on where you want Khris.

Ideally I’d want a realized Eason, where he can provide some rim protection, while capably defending out to the 2, and still do enough on offense in a pinch, whether that’s beating his man to the rim or hitting an outside shot, but that player is extremely hard to find. (Note that this is what I think Eason can become more so than what he is this very moment)

Boston has Tatum at the 4, and all the guys I mentioned are a similar size. They skew a little more wing, but I don’t see that as a huge issue.

I want to invest resources in that player that allows the bucks to play small. We’ve relied upon Mirotic, Marvin Williams, tucker, semi, crowder, and way more often than not it’s failed. It’s time to pony up and get a damn good player for that role.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#1033 » by msiris » Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 am

LuessiT wrote:

Cam Johnson
Jerami Grant
Deandre Hunter
DFS
Kuzma
Andrew Wiggins

You better have some scorers because our big three ill not stay healthy all year.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#1034 » by msiris » Fri May 10, 2024 11:45 am

TroyD92 wrote:Why go to lengths to defend some idiots behavior. You have no proof the fan said anything egregious, but there's plenty of proof of Pat Bev being a loser. This is just another notch in his belt.
Yep. Words are words. Don't greet stupidity with more stupidity. Learn to walk away.
Ride the tank
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,425

Post#1035 » by randy84 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:54 am

Pat Bev has always been a dick. We are going down the Herb Kohl player path of Bobby Simmons, Rueben Patterson, Stephen Jackson and are begin forced to like genuine jack wagons because we can't draft or sign a decent player.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,804

Post#1036 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm

I'll make a very unbold prediction that AJJ is better than DFS next year. DFS is so pedestian.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#1037 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm

Pat Bev equivalent with rapist & woman beater. :lol:

Carry on.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,084

Post#1038 » by German Athens » Fri May 10, 2024 12:36 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:I'll make a very unbold prediction that AJJ is better than DFS next year. DFS is so pedestian.

I know you’ve long wanted a combo forward on the bucks like me. Who would you be targeting after we’ve already acquired a perimeter defender and a big man?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,255

Post#1039 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Don't think their teams would have any reason or want to trade but some rookies I really liked last season that I'm keeping an eye out for hoping one day maybe are Leonard Miller, Toumani Camara and Craig Porter. Second year but Vince Williams Jr. was really fun last year too.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,987

Post#1040 » by emunney » Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 pm

Pat Bev is a good player, what he did was ridiculous, and he's been disciplined and seems genuinely contrite. If the guys in the locker room want him back, he should be back. If there are legal matters yet to be resolved, the legal system will handle that, or he'll cut a check, or whatever. He's being held accountable, relax.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks