Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 41

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1101 » by WeMajor34 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Ivey's pretty terrible, but maybe it's a swing worth taking if they'd want something around Bobby and our 1st for Ivey and Grimes.

I wonder what was up with Grimes this year? Played well last year, struggled with the Knicks this year. Then he was straight up hot garbage with the Pistons. He shot 21% from the floor with the Pistons.

He seems like a decent bounce-back candidate. First two seasons he was a legit 38% volume 3PT shooter and showed enough flashes of being a good defender that Thibs trusted him in the playoffs. I like him a lot more now that we're not talking about giving up a ton of assets for him.

Depending on whether or not we move MarJon this summer, a Grimes swap makes a lot of sense for us.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#1102 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 10, 2024 11:17 pm

Dobners worked her ass starting all the way from the Herd, so naturally braindead Doc can't make room for her on staff. She'll probably go with Bud to PHX. At least Opps is gone lol. Prunty lives to see another day. Guy could survive a nuke...

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,630

Post#1103 » by Bernman » Fri May 10, 2024 11:24 pm

Bruce Brown is the perfect fit next to Dame & Midds. Can guard 1's or 3's & helps rebounding. Provides shooting/scoring support.

I'd like him here even if we didn't hold onto Dame & Midds. He's a winner. Shouldn't be playing on the Raptors next year.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,537

Post#1104 » by Milbucks96 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:35 pm

Oppenheimer is Giannis guy right. I know a few are but thought he was the one on team Greece staff too. Hopefully Vin is able to stick around. Don’t know much about him but seems like a good dude. Just seen the rehabilitation center her opened on 76th and Hampton the other day.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#1105 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Dobners worked her ass starting all the way from the Herd, so naturally braindead Doc can't make room for her on staff. She'll probably go with Bud to PHX. At least Opps is gone lol. Prunty lives to see another day. Guy could survive a nuke...

Read on Twitter

Feels like a big mistake. Image
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#1106 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 10, 2024 11:40 pm

I think Prunty will end up staying. He's well regarded. I imagine Vin will stay too. As was said a couple of pages ago, Giannis had to know Oppenheimer was gone ahead if time.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,630

Post#1107 » by Bernman » Fri May 10, 2024 11:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I think Prunty will end up staying. Hs well regarded.'

And they need the interim GOAT to take the reins when they inevitably fire Doc midseason...
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,805

Post#1108 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Dobners worked her ass starting all the way from the Herd, so naturally braindead Doc can't make room for her on staff. She'll probably go with Bud to PHX. At least Opps is gone lol. Prunty lives to see another day. Guy could survive a nuke...

Read on Twitter

Which highly experienced coach should have gotten canned to make room for her?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,258

Post#1109 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 11:56 pm

Moses Moody
AJ Griffin
Ayo Dosunmu
Matisse Thybulle
Davion Mitchell
Isaiah Stewart
Paul Reed
Dayron Sharpe
Jalen Smith
Jarred Vanderbilt
Larry Nance

Some names I like for various reasons/roles/availability/whatever.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1110 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 11, 2024 12:02 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Read on Twitter

Surely all these highly experienced coaches don't get gigs because of connections they still have and the recycled nature of the NBA's good ole boys nepo club.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#1111 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 11, 2024 12:29 am

Could be a combination of Doc wanting his own staff and Dobner/Oppenheimer wanting to rejoin Bud. We'll see if they end up in Phoenix.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1112 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 12:31 am

Matches Malone wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Read on Twitter

Surely all these highly experienced coaches don't get gigs because of connections they still have and the recycled nature of the NBA's good ole boys nepo club.

OK, which one isn't deserving? Rex seems like Docs right hand man. Prunty had risen to the top assistant for numerous coaches. Yaeger has been a head coach. Mutumbo has a real player development background.

Maybe Dobner earns her way to the top someday too. One way to expidiate that would be to head coach a lower level team.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1113 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 11, 2024 1:10 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

OK, which one isn't deserving? Rex seems like Docs right hand man. Prunty had risen to the top assistant for numerous coaches. Yaeger has been a head coach. Mutumbo has a real player development background.

Maybe Dobner earns her way to the top someday too. One way to expidiate that would be to head coach a lower level team.

I never said they weren't deserving... But a young coach grinding and putting in the work hasn't gone unnoticed. I don't think this is some major blow to the coaching staff, but there's nothing wrong with wanting fresh eyes, new blood to develop when a lot of these NBA staffs are made up of who you already know/are comfortable with.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,709

Post#1114 » by SupremeHustle » Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Moses Moody
AJ Griffin
Ayo Dosunmu
Matisse Thybulle
Davion Mitchell
Isaiah Stewart
Paul Reed
Dayron Sharpe
Jalen Smith
Jarred Vanderbilt
Larry Nance

Some names I like for various reasons/roles/availability/whatever.

I came here to ask for a list like this. Thank you!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#1115 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat May 11, 2024 2:04 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I think Prunty will end up staying. He's well regarded. I imagine Vin will stay too. As was said a couple of pages ago, Giannis had to know Oppenheimer was gone ahead if time.

I think part of it is they are both Milwaukee guys at this point. Pretty sure prunty's family stayed here and are in high school years(?). He might not be a doc guy but is willing to stay and a solid coach. Vin probably comes in cheap and has a lot of background relationships.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#1116 » by bucksfansince88 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:37 am

Curious about the players that have been drafted to recent Doc teams.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,709

Post#1117 » by SupremeHustle » Sat May 11, 2024 2:58 am

You guys think Fultz is out of reach for our current situation?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1118 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 am

SupremeHustle wrote:You guys think Fultz is out of reach for our current situation?

He has averaged 33 games per season over his 7 seasons, and is coming off a 22% 3 point shooting season. He's a minimum salary guy for now. Might he still break out? Sure, I've seen crazier things. He still has real talent. However, I'd guess he's rather sign with a team with more opportunities at PG.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1119 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 3:17 am

bucksfansince88 wrote:Curious about the players that have been drafted to recent Doc teams.

Tyrese Maxey is a pretty prominent one.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#1120 » by jschligs » Sat May 11, 2024 3:19 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:You guys think Fultz is out of reach for our current situation?

He has averaged 33 games per season over his 7 seasons, and is coming off a 22% 3 point shooting season. He's a minimum salary guy for now. Might he still break out? Sure, I've seen crazier things. He still has real talent. However, I'd guess he's rather sign with a team with more opportunities at PG.

Yea he's still 25 and wants as much MPG to try and prove he can be something.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks