ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,549

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1761 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:52 pm

2019-2020 Khris is still the best wingman Giannis has played with so far :D I never imagined that to still be true after the Dame trade.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,763

Post#1762 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:54 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
msiris wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:You people crack me up, Dame has another 3+ great years left in him. He was streaky this year but he's still the best offensive player outside of Giannis that Giannis has ever played with and he can run an offense better than anyone Giannis has played with too. I think some of you need to go outside and touch grass and realize everything isn't always doom and gloom
Maybe you are the one who is crazy. This pass season was one of worse seasons since pre Bud years. How do you expect people to feel? Still old and slow.
Not miserable, would be a good starting point.
Could not beat Washington, Memphis, or Toronto at home down the stretch. Giannis is now hurt. I wonder why people are down.
Ride the tank
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,435

Post#1763 » by randy84 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:17 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:2019-2020 Khris is still the best wingman Giannis has played with so far :D I never imagined that to still be true after the Dame trade.

All-Star Khris and Giannis playing eight years together is a better combo than Dame and Giannis playing 73 games together?

randy84
RealGM

Post#1764 » by randy84 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm

msiris wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
msiris wrote:Maybe you are the one who is crazy. This pass season was one of worse seasons since pre Bud years. How do you expect people to feel? Still old and slow.
Could not beat Washington, Memphis, or Toronto at home down the stretch. Giannis is now hurt. I wonder why people are down.

Could be worse. They could be the #1 seed and get blow out in the first round by a team that lost its first play-in game to the Hawks.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,273

Post#1765 » by dbrodz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:30 pm

msiris wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
msiris wrote:Maybe you are the one who is crazy. This pass season was one of worse seasons since pre Bud years. How do you expect people to feel? Still old and slow.

And if they come out and win today nobody will even remember any of that sh*t happened.
Misery loves company
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,549

Post#1766 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:40 pm

randy84 wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:2019-2020 Khris is still the best wingman Giannis has played with so far :D I never imagined that to still be true after the Dame trade.

All-Star Khris and Giannis playing eight years together is a better combo than Dame and Giannis playing 73 games together?

I’m not talking about about the chemistry or combo of either duo. I think it’s really shocking how much Dame has struggled this season, especially in comparison to the level of player we hoped we were getting.

We were happy to get another hof level talent but we got another low end all star type guy so far.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,952

Post#1767 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:55 pm

Dame can absolutely be a winning player. The issue is we probably don't have the assets to build a championship winning team around him and Giannis. Horst gambled that our offense would be so incredible that it would negate our inability to get stops when it matters.

Didn't happen and the defense is probably worse than they thought. Then you add in the injuries and pretty god awful bench.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Post#1768 » by BigO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:10 pm

If you watch the playoffs, most of the teams have bad benches. You can't have a lot of quality bench players when your stars take up all the cap space.

So it comes down to starters. Dame has had a down year, but still brings a lot of value. It's a game of stars. If Bucks have a healthy top 3, they can win it all. If not, not.
randy84
RealGM

Post#1769 » by randy84 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:12 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Dame can absolutely be a winning player. The issue is we probably don't have the assets to build a championship winning team around him and Giannis. Horst gambled that our offense would be so incredible that it would negate our inability to get stops when it matters.

Didn't happen and the defense is probably worse than they thought. Then you add in the injuries and pretty god awful bench.

The problem is that Horst set up the off-season expecting to have Jrue and Allen, instead of Dame. The Dame trade came too late to get role players that would compliment him. They've been scrambling ever since. Add in GM Giannis, the coaching fiasco, and Middleton being injured most of the year and quite honestly I am surprised that they are a 3 seed and were the 2 seed for most of the year. The Warriors squad didn't even make the playoffs with a healthy Steph.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#1770 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:20 pm

randy84 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:Dame can absolutely be a winning player. The issue is we probably don't have the assets to build a championship winning team around him and Giannis. Horst gambled that our offense would be so incredible that it would negate our inability to get stops when it matters.

The problem is that Horst set up the off-season expecting to have Jrue and Allen, instead of Dame. The Dame trade came too late to get role players that would compliment him. They've been scrambling ever since. Add in GM Giannis, the coaching fiasco, and Middleton being injured most of the year and quite honestly I am surprised that they are a 3 seed and were the 2 seed for most of the year. The Warriors squad didn't even make the playoffs with a healthy Steph.

We've mostly had a healthy Giannis, Dame and Brook all season. It shouldn't be a surprise that were the 3 seed. We all know and the organization knows what that expectations were.

Horst gets no pass from me. I also think the GM Giannis stuff is completely overblown.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#1771 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 pm

BigO wrote:If you watch the playoffs, most of the teams have bad benches. You can't have a lot of quality bench players when your stars take up all the cap space.

So it comes down to starters. Dame has had a down year, but still brings a lot of value. It's a game of stars. If Bucks have a healthy top 3, they can win it all. If not, not.

Agreed mostly but does a healthy Giannis, Middleton and Dame mean we win it all?

If that's the off-season sales pitch from the org, I won't believe it.

Also, theres no such thing as a healthy Middleton anymore.
randy84
RealGM

Post#1772 » by randy84 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:30 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
randy84 wrote:

We've mostly had a healthy Giannis, Dame and Brook all season. It shouldn't be a surprise that were the 3 seed. We all know and the organization knows what that expectations were.

Horst gets no pass from me. I also think the GM Giannis stuff is completely overblown.

Overblown as far as signing off on Bud getting fired or overblown as far as not wanting Nick Nurse or overblown as far as not signing an extension unless they get a superstar next him?
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#1773 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:41 pm

randy84 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
randy84 wrote:The problem is that Horst set up the off-season expecting to have Jrue and Allen, instead of Dame. The Dame trade came too late to get role players that would compliment him. They've been scrambling ever since. Add in GM Giannis, the coaching fiasco, and Middleton being injured most of the year and quite honestly I am surprised that they are a 3 seed and were the 2 seed for most of the year. The Warriors squad didn't even make the playoffs with a healthy Steph.

Overblown as far as signing off on Bud getting fired or overblown as far as not wanting Nick Nurse or overblown as far as not signing an extension unless they get a superstar next him?

Is any of this confirmed other than the signing off on Bud getting fired which was the prevailing opinion of most here at the time?

Also, I don't mind Giannis using his stature to force the organization to take risks (if that's even true). This team wins nothing with Jrue and Grayson.
BigO
Analyst

Post#1774 » by BigO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:57 pm

Plenty of time for post mortems, but a preview of my position:

1) Yes, the Bucks can win it all this year and next with a healthy top three. And yes, that health is unlikely.

2) No, the Bucks wouldn't have won with Jrue and Allen. The Bucks didn't have enough shooting (and still don't) and the front office hasn't emphasized the shooting angle when drafting or trading.

The limits of a Grayson Allen in the playoffs were evident last year and yesterday, before he hurt his ankle in the middle of the third quarter. He was 0-3. You need players that can create their own shot or bring something else to the table. So everyone leave your Grayson Allen regrets behind.
randy84
RealGM

Post#1775 » by randy84 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:00 pm

BigO wrote:Plenty of time for post mortems, but a preview of my position:

1) Yes, the Bucks can win it all this year and next with a healthy top three. And yes, that health is unlikely.

2) No, the Bucks wouldn't have won with Jrue and Allen. The Bucks didn't have enough shooting (and still don't) and the front office hasn't emphasized the shooting angle when drafting or trading.

The limits of a Grayson Allen in the playoffs were evident last year and yesterday, before he hurt his ankle in the middle of the third quarter. He was 0-3. You need players that can create their own shot or bring something else to the table. So everyone leave your Grayson Allen regrets behind.

Your position on Allen is weird considering your position on Bobby Portis. Portis' playoff performances have been abysmal.
msiris
RealGM

Post#1776 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:37 pm

BigO wrote:If you watch the playoffs, most of the teams have bad benches. You can't have a lot of quality bench players when your stars take up all the cap space.

Do we really want to count on Mids? Him staying healthy long term is wishful thinking right now.
Ride the tank
BigO
Analyst

Post#1777 » by BigO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:37 pm

I promised I wouldn't get into another full-blown Bobby discussion, but to make it short:

1) The narrative that he has been abysmal is just another false narrative that repetition has transformed into fact.

2) Below are his playoff numbers. They are not as good as the regular season, because most players numbers drop during the playoffs. That's why scores are usually much lower.

3) His rebounding has remained very good in the playoffs. It's his three point shooting that dropped significantly.

4) I like Bobby as a scoring and rebounding spark off the bench. I don't like him having to start, which he will probably have to do today and has had to do in many of his playoff appearances.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/bobby-portis-career-playoff-stats
BigO
Analyst

Post#1778 » by BigO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:40 pm

msiris wrote:

Do we really want to count on Mids? Him staying healthy long term is wishful thinking right now.

I agree with you. That's why I've stated that my prediction of Bucks winning is based on health. If I had to put money on any Bucks series, I'm not picking them unless I know for sure they are healthy.
msiris
RealGM

Post#1779 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:41 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
msiris wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:Not miserable, would be a good starting point.

And if they come out and win today nobody will even remember any of that sh*t happened.
So you think that what happened the last two weeks of the season will just magically disappear? I hope so.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#1780 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:46 pm

BigO wrote:I promised I wouldn't get into another full-blown Bobby discussion, but to make it short:

1) The narrative that he has been abysmal is just another false narrative that repetition has transformed into fact.

2) Below are his playoff numbers. They are not as good as the regular season, because most players numbers drop during the playoffs. That's why scores are usually much lower.

3) His rebounding has remained very good in the playoffs. It's his three point shooting that dropped significantly.

4) I like Bobby as a scoring and rebounding spark off the bench. I don't like him having to start, which he will probably have to do today and has had to do in many of his playoff appearances.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/bobby-portis-career-playoff-stats
The only problem I have with Bobby is defensively. Need another big who can hold down low.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks