ImageImage

PG: All Powerful JOB downs Kings

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Re: PG: All Powerful JOB downs Kings 

Post#201 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't think knight is selfish, I think he just doesn't have the basketball IQ to make plays as a pg all he knows is scoring I think since he is 6"3 and averaged enough assist in his college /high school career he thought of himself as a pg. No one thought he was this selfish because he wasn't that bad of a scorer before the NBA.

Maybe if he would of stayed at UK one more season someone would of told him he is not a nba pg. Detroit tried to tell him by almost ruioning him but kohl and Hammond told him he is our pg and so knight was convinced he is a pg and no one else can tell him other wise. That's a problem and he has to be dealt
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,992

Post#202 » by Badgerlander » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:49 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

i know somebody probably already posted this but I could watch this for like an hour

Selling himself out for the team, guy has all the tools to dominate both ends of the floor.

Unfortunately the hustle was negated because Knight chose not to pass to Middleton, who was wide open cutting down the lane with plenty of time to get a shot off at the rim.

I'm almost positive you could go back and watch every game and find 3-4 passes that Knight fails to make that would've resulted in an easy basket for a teammate. Example: 1st quarter of last night's game, Giannis was streaking down the left side for what would've been an easy basket, but Knight elected for a 18-foot PUJIT that clanked off the rim. He just doesn't have the ability or inclination to make those plays.

Knight had just hit from the same spot. Middleton was doubled. Knight could've swung the ball to Dudley and you can tell he hesitated as he thought about it which is probably why he missed the shot.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdoyVctj54[/youtube]
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
abe5150
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#203 » by abe5150 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:53 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Image

and you guys wonder why Zaza gets more minutes than Larry

I just posted this pic of Kidd and Zaza over at the Mavericks forums.

With the trade for Rondo and losing backup center Brandan Wright, the Mavs fans are wanting Cuban to make a deal for Zaza.

But myself and another person on the Mavs boards don't see that happening, explaining Kidd's love for Zaza.

And then right after I posted my thoughts in written form, I come back here and see this pic. And then post that pic as far as "visual evidence" of my stance that Kidd won't trade Zaza this year.

LOL.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#204 » by Siefer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Newz wrote:I would just like to stress how great of a job I think Kidd has done this year. Given our schedule a lot of people here thought this team would be way below .500 with this roster. Sanders is underperforming and Knight is horribly inconsistent. His two 'star players' (I put '' around it because they really aren't stars yet) are only 19-20 years old. Now one of those guys is down and we still look competitive just about every night.

Motivation and getting guys to play hard is like 90% of the battle in the NBA. Kidd has definitely won that battle with this team. If he can keep inspiring guys throughout his years here in Milwaukee we have a hell of a long-term head coach.

The other thing that is somewhat comforting is that while Kidd has been known to jump around and make some demands as a player (and so far as a coach)... he has a personal relationship with Lasry that has extended beyond basketball. Hopefully that keeps things running smooth for years to come between Kidd, the front office and ownership.

I will also say I love that Kidd seems open to learning and suggestion. I think a majority of our schemes and calls out of time outs come from assistants. I think it is awesome that Kidd is willing to be the motivtor and the guy who gets them to play hard while deferring to more experienced coaching minds. I am going to assume, for now, that Kidd will take the same approach when it comes to acquiring players... he'll defer to Hammond until Hammond gives him a reason not to.

The biggest knock on Kidd so far has been his rotations, and while those criticisms are very fair, the issue pails in comparison to the good he and his staff have done. I really want to highlight the whole coaching staff, because by all accounts, his assistants are heavily involved. In a few months they've:

1. Implemented an effective defensive scheme that is specially suited to this teams personnel.
2. Gotten a bunch of mismatched parts to play as a cohesive unit.
3. Massively revamped Jabari's approach on offense. Compare his play patterns at Duke, to the first couple of weeks, to right before he went down. His efficiency was skyrocketing.
4. Continued to develop Giannis as a 94 foot weapon.

That's not a comprehensive list by any stretch, but those are the things that have really stood out to me. It's clear that they're using this season to sell out in trying to develop Knight as a PG. I don't think it's going to work, but I get what's going on. The rotations have also been an adventure, but we're seeing improvements there. We like to focus on Giannis and Jabari as our future, and they are, but we should also be extremely excited about this young coaching staff.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#205 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:55 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

i know somebody probably already posted this but I could watch this for like an hour

Selling himself out for the team, guy has all the tools to dominate both ends of the floor.

Unfortunately the hustle was negated because Knight chose not to pass to Middleton, who was wide open cutting down the lane with plenty of time to get a shot off at the rim.

I'm almost positive you could go back and watch every game and find 3-4 passes that Knight fails to make that would've resulted in an easy basket for a teammate. Example: 1st quarter of last night's game, Giannis was streaking down the left side for what would've been an easy basket, but Knight elected for a 18-foot PUJIT that clanked off the rim. He just doesn't have the ability or inclination to make those plays.

I didnt want to be the guy to continue to Point out the total lack of vision and Me first style of play that Brandon Knight displays. Its really getting old, but whats more disheartening is that Coach Kidd is not curbing it and making him be more aware of his teammates on the court
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#206 » by LUKE23 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Giannis getting only 5 shots in 37 minutes when he had already made 4 of them is incredible.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#207 » by Newz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:02 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Giannis getting only 5 shots in 37 minutes when he had already made 4 of them is incredible.

The best part about Giannis (and Jabari before he got crippled) is that he doesn't have to shoot to be effective on the court. He also rarely takes bad shots, which is a good thing.

He's a 3 that has absolutely no outside shot. It isn't surprising that there will be games where his attempts are down because he has to pass up a lot of wide open looks since he has no faith in his shot.

I'm glad our two young guys are the type of players who'd rather make the right play and do what is best for the team. It's a relief to see they play like that as opposed to being the guys who just jack up 15+ shots every night because "they are the man".
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#208 » by LUKE23 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm actually more down on the team outlook than most (verses where I was only a couple weeks ago), even though I agree Kidd is doing a great job for what his job description is (that is to win games by all means possible).

Not trying to be a pessimist here as I still like our young core, but between Parker's injury and the doubt that puts on next season/his future, the fact that we will be picking 15-17 instead of the lottery unless a ton changes, and the fact I think we extend Knight at big money, and a lot could be different a year from now in terms of our team outlook.

They need to make a decision on Knight. I still think they need to sell off the productive veterans as soon as possible too to at least try and maximize our pick.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#209 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Such a 13/14 Bobcats vibe happening here. I'm scared.

Nah, this is a 13/14 Suns vibe. This is sustainable to some extent next season.

no way. this is bigtime sustainable. we will build off this. we have only 2 players in zaza/ Dudley that are even close to age 30 out of 12.... 10 solid players contributing to this squad age 26 or under. we have a player in giannis with more upside than anybody on the suns.... maybe in the league around his age. we have knight.... a possible allstar. yes.. i said allstar. whether its in a traditional role or not, that is his ceiling. we have parker coming back and were going to still have a pick in the 14-16 range to add in as well.

and all that said...... we have the assets and cap flexibility to make one hell of a splash in trade or free agency. we are one big move away.... and we could be looking at a 50 win team NEXT YEAR with the infrastructure on the roster to sustain it for a decade. the east is weak and were rising like a mfer. now is not the time to let off the gas.
Newz
Banned User

Post#210 » by Newz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:12 pm

I will also say that Sanders has been awful this year. I know a lot of people get annoyed that Kidd plays Zaza more than him, but Zaza gets on the court more than Sanders because he's a better player right now.

Sanders is just bad right now. I don't feel like he contributes anything to this team at the moment. I'd get rid of him for an expiring and a late first if possible. Then go after a different young big in the draft/free agency/trade at a later time.

I also hope we sell on Ersan, Mayo and Knight.

I will echo what LUKE23 said though. My guess is that we keep all of these guys, we make a playoff push, we finish as the 6-8 seed and we resign Knight for big money.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#211 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:14 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Giannis getting only 5 shots in 37 minutes when he had already made 4 of them is incredible.

giannis was tentative last night. his rebound totals show exactly where his mindset was. I wouldn't worry about it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,101

Post#212 » by emunney » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Newz wrote:

The best part about Giannis (and Jabari before he got crippled) is that he doesn't have to shoot to be effective on the court. He also rarely takes bad shots, which is a good thing.

He's a 3 that has absolutely no outside shot. It isn't surprising that there will be games where his attempts are down because he has to pass up a lot of wide open looks since he has no faith in his shot.

I'm glad our two young guys are the type of players who'd rather make the right play and do what is best for the team. It's a relief to see they play like that as opposed to being the guys who just jack up 15+ shots every night because "they are the man".

Giannis was also playing a lot less aggressively yesterday, probably owing to his ankle. You could tell it was slowing him down when he was trying to keep up with Gay, too. I think he was at about 80%, but we really, really needed his length out there tonight with length-midgets Zaza and JOB as our only bigs. He had a couple nice blocks from behind on Cousins.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,101

Post#213 » by emunney » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:22 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Such a 13/14 Bobcats vibe happening here. I'm scared.

no way. this is bigtime sustainable. we will build off this. we have only 2 players in zaza/ Dudley that are even close to age 30 out of 12.... 10 solid players contributing to this squad age 26 or under. we have a player in giannis with more upside than anybody on the suns.... maybe in the league around his age. we have knight.... a possible allstar. yes.. i said allstar. whether its in a traditional role or not, that is his ceiling. we have parker coming back and were going to still have a pick in the 14-16 range to add in as well.

and all that said...... we have the assets and cap flexibility to make one hell of a splash in trade or free agency. we are one big move away.... and we could be looking at a 50 win team NEXT YEAR with the infrastructure on the roster to sustain it for a decade. the east is weak and were rising like a mfer. now is not the time to let off the gas.

On the way in to work today it occurred to me that Jason Kidd will be coaching the Cavs next year. So I'm not sure if it's totally sustainable. But with continuity, I don't see why not.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#214 » by Badgerlander » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXrXv6WHZA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Spoiler:

Dimitraa
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#215 » by Dimitraa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:27 pm

emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

On the way in to work today it occurred to me that Jason Kidd will be coaching the Cavs next year. So I'm not sure if it's totally sustainable. But with continuity, I don't see why not.

Why did it occur to you?Do you have any reason?

Also if Knight is voted an allstar it will be such a joke
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#216 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Newz wrote:
My guess is that we keep all of these guys, we make a playoff push, we finish as the 6-8 seed and we resign Knight for big money.

:clap:

7-6 against the west with wins over mem and the clips. playoffs are a given. the push is for continued development for what we already have and holding onto the 6th seed or better. the question is whether we win in the first round this year..... in a sold out rocking bmo. next year we stomp the gas for home court and challenge a bunch of beatable EC teams deep into the playoffs. if this team fails it needs to happen on the court. not because we gave up on them before that.

Jabari hurts the psyche no doubt.....but our goal is to maintain the trajectory. we don't need to tear it all down.... we just need to not do stupid sht.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#217 » by Badgerlander » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Kings defense all like

Spoiler:

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#218 » by Treebeard » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:30 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

giannis was tentative last night. his rebound totals show exactly where his mindset was. I wouldn't worry about it.

There were a couple of times when he landed after a leap, where he bent his knees more than usual and didn't spring back up quite so quick as normal. He was slower to get moving. I think the ankle bothered him quite a bit.
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#219 » by Willie Colon » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Man, the sugarcoating is on some next level stuff right now. Think I'm just gonna back off and let you guys enjoy this victory against the Kings. LMAO @ the Zaza/Kidd picture though.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
Newz
Banned User

Post#220 » by Newz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Newz wrote:
My guess is that we keep all of these guys, we make a playoff push, we finish as the 6-8 seed and we resign Knight for big money.

:clap:

7-6 against the west with wins over mem and the clips. playoffs are a given. the push is for continued development for what we already have and holding onto the 6th seed or better. the question is whether we win in the first round this year..... in a sold out rocking bmo. next year we stomp the gas for home court and challenge a bunch of beatable EC teams deep into the playoffs. if this team fails it needs to happen on the court. not because we gave up on them before that.

Jabari hurts the psyche no doubt.....but our goal is to maintain the trajectory. we don't need to tear it all down.... we just need to not do stupid sht.

I didn't mind making the playoffs when Jabari was healthy. I don't even really mind making the playoffs that much right now.

But as of right now everything hinges on Parker coming back and becoming a star. Giannis looks like he will get there and he hasn't suffered any kind of major setback or given us a reason to think he won't be at least a second/third tier type player. But we need Parker to get back and do the same thing.

Otherwise this is all pretty much meaningless and we are going to end up a team that's winning around 40-50 games every year and getting knocked out in the first round... even if we do make all smart moves. The only thing that would save us from that would be picking another Giannis level guy in the teens of the draft (which, lets be honest, is not realistic), being able to trade up to get a stud, robbing someone in a trade or finding a gem in free agency.

There is a reason everyone was excited when Parker was healthy and now people seem on the fence or are back in to full on tank mode. It's because if this injury stops Parker from being what he was going to be... it's going to be very, very bad for this franchise.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks