ImageImage

PG Indy Game 6 - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Re: PG Indy Game 6 - Loss 

Post#41 » by tsamo » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Our best player didn’t play the entire series, what else is there to say.

Giannis has had pretty serious injuries during the playoffs in three of the last four years. Time is being pissed away.

I mean, the current injury is not that serious, just very badly placed timewise, lol.
EUROBUCK
Pro Prospect
And1: 634

Post#42 » by EUROBUCK » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

Some thoughts for this season:

1) Giannis is getting older and it's time for some serious load management.

2) Giannis is not as sharp as he thinks and he should not be involved in managerial decisions. Griffin (like Kidd before) was a huge miss.

3) Lillard is very talented but he does not fit under a normal system. He plays hero-ball and objectively he misses at least half the shots he takes. The couple impressive plays here and there don't make up for the volume of lost positions and mistakes. Not to mention the defense...

4) Middleton is also getting older but there is no way I'm trading him over Lillard. Far more reliable and he actually cares. Middleton puts his body on the line.

5) It's time to be looking for the next Lopez. Centers that can shoot start to become abundant, let's get a younger version.

6) I still believe Portis has to offer, provided the right circumstances but PC not so much. PC seems washed.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,382

Post#43 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

Everyone involved in the Mase (RIP) era Bucks, congrats. You're off the hook.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,689

Post#44 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:On the bright side, I never have to watch Malik Beasley destroy my team again. Fittingly, he limps out with 2 points and a -19 plus/minus. Simply one of the lowest BBIQ players to where the uniform.

Right, plus our overall strategy of -- let's just trade baskets and see what happens
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#45 » by TroyD92 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We’re never winning a title with Dame.

He’s like Big Dog twenty-five years earlier. He causes your defense to have too many breakdowns. You can’t hide him. Bill Simmons was correct back in October.

He wasn't even the worst defender in the backcourt. Beasley being a sieve did no favors to Dame.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,088

Post#46 » by German Athens » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

This is a bitter one to finish on, after we showed so much heart in the previous games.

Honestly, I don’t get what just happened with the game management in this one. After coaching a masterclass in game 5, and generally showing a willingness to find the hot hand throughout the series - I don’t get not playing Dre when Beas was giving you nothing but poor defense.

I don’t know that the game would have been flipped by playing Dre over Beas, but why not go with it, especially after seeing his impact in Indy earlier in the series.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,829

Post#47 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Doc and the medical staff tanked the season playing Giannis 40 mpg on a bum leg down the stretch. The hilarious thing is they lost most of those games anyway and would have ended up the same seed had he rested.

medical staff deserves a ton of blame. over and over in his pressers doc would say how he wanted to sit giannis but the medical staff was clearing him.

I fully expect heads to roll with the medical team. We've been injured nonstop, even when Bud load managed to the absolute extreme.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#48 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

He’s like Big Dog twenty-five years earlier. He causes your defense to have too many breakdowns. You can’t hide him. Bill Simmons was correct back in October.

The worst thing is we now have to do these proclamations with no real evidence either way because of no Giannis and Dame being hobbled. We still don't have idea what we are.
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#49 » by tsamo » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Also just incredibly depressing to go back to back years without seeing healthy playoff Giannis.

We can see him playing in the Olympics...
That's kinda like playoffs, lol.
milweskee
Starter
And1: 348

Post#50 » by milweskee » Fri May 3, 2024 1:09 am

Franchise pooped itself repeatedly and the future looks grim. They made mistakes and in trying to fix them they compounded those mistakes with new and maybe even worse mistakes.

Your best case scenario is a fire sale of devalued players and I don't know how this team is going to fire or keep Doc. Both scenarios make you look like a ****ing stooge. From top to bottom, there is a relentless force of stupidity at work.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#51 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 1:09 am

One more thing: I think Indy never stopped playing good team basketball with safe passes.

We, in turn, stooped to ghetto ball and weak looping or cross court passes
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,880

Post#52 » by RubberSoul » Fri May 3, 2024 1:09 am

I can’t watch another year of Khris and his arthritic knees and ankles as good as he’s been for us. We are just too slow. I’d like to trade everybody and keep Giannis and Dame and the youngsters but unfortunately nobody will want our aged out vets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#53 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri May 3, 2024 1:10 am

tsamo wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Our best player didn’t play the entire series, what else is there to say.

Giannis has had pretty serious injuries during the playoffs in three of the last four years. Time is being pissed away.

I mean, the current injury is not that serious, just very badly placed timewise, lol.

Serious, significant, whatever the **** you want to call it. He hasn’t played in 3.5 weeks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#54 » by Mtsportsfan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:10 am

ABucksFan wrote:I can accept losing but to **** tj and obi? No man sorry. Another year wasted

Both of those guys would be our 4th and 5th best players! Lol hard to believe those guys just kicked our butts!
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#55 » by ABucksFan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:11 am

Do not run this **** back. Be **** bold and blow it up now. Giannis will just have to deal, we alrdy wasted 3 years whats another 2 to rebuild and get another shot
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,829

Post#56 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 1:11 am

TroyD92 wrote:

He wasn't even the worst defender in the backcourt. Beasley being a sieve did no favors to Dame.

Heck, healthy Dame was way better defensively than advertised. Forces game changing turnovers. Better defender than most star PGs, including Haliburton.

Bill Simmons is a moron.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#57 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 1:11 am

EUROBUCK wrote:Some thoughts for this season:

1) Giannis is getting older and it's time for some serious load management.

2) Giannis is not as sharp as he thinks and he should not be involved in managerial decisions. Griffin (like Kidd before) was a huge miss.

3) Lillard is very talented but he does not fit under a normal system. He plays hero-ball and objectively he misses at least half the shots he takes. The couple impressive plays here and there don't make up for the volume of lost positions and mistakes. Not to mention the defense...

4) Middleton is also getting older but there is no way I'm trading him over Lillard. Far more reliable and he actually cares. Middleton puts his body on the line.

5) It's time to be looking for the next Lopez. Centers that can shoot start to become abundant, let's get a younger version.

6) I still believe Portis has to offer, provided the right circumstances but PC not so much. PC seems washed.

Everything has merit except #4.. I never saw an NBA player just stand there while dudes shoot wide open
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,956

Post#58 » by fansinceforever » Fri May 3, 2024 1:12 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

The worst thing is we now have to do these proclamations with no real evidence either way because of no Giannis and Dame being hobbled. We still don't have idea what we are.

Honestly, I think we know. Even at full strength this team can't defend anyone. And at another year older, what're we just going to run teams off the floor? Doubt it.

This team totally lacks an identity and that's before you factor in that we have to count on dealing with injuries to key guys every year at this point.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#59 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 1:12 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Better to lose this way than on a Travis Best three at the buzzer.

Actually, Game 3 type loss was the move. If you lose.

This is just concerning. Doc has a lot to answer for. It's inexcusable to watch success with AJJ & stop playing him. To reward minutes by performance & turn away from that now. Letting Malik play without hitting shots, making dumb plays & playing awful d.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,518

Post#60 » by HKPackFan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:12 am

23 minutes. 1/5 0-2from 3. 2/2/1 and a sieve on defense.. - 19. And matches the eye test.

Don't even need to guess who's stat line it is.

At least bud knew when Forbes was not on, he was glued to the bench. Not that I'm wishing for bud right now.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks