OT: Paul Pierce

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

th87
General Manager
And1: 9,721

Re: OT: Paul Pierce 

Post#41 » by th87 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 10:15 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
and for the record, Lil Waynes last THREE albums speak for themselves and he is the BEST in the music industry, so maybe u should quit gettin silly and open ur ears

Whoa. That nasal comedian rapper is the most overrated artist I've ever heard. He's like the Jim Carrey of rappers - entertaining, but not a complete rapper. He's probably closer to Soulja Boy than he is to REAL rappers like AZ, 90's Jay Z, Yukmouth, and Scarface, for example.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#42 » by WRau1 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 12:57 pm

I just assume that whenever I talk w/ someone that says Wayne is the best, that I'm talking to a 16yr old girl or a white kid (I'm also white) who's only exposure to rap is MTV.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#43 » by MVP16 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:19 pm

WRau1 wrote:It's so funny watching the same fans that were calling for Pierce to be traded the last 3-4 off seasons, are now all over his knob. I don't really know of any top tier talents that allow there team to finish with the worst record in the League...

It's kinda hard when you miss 35 games due to injury. In the 47 games that Pierce did play, the Celtics had a record of 20 wins and 27 losses...42.5 winning percentage. In the 32 games that Pierce was out, the Celtics had a record of 4 wins and 31 losses...11.4 winning percentage. Shows you how good Pierce is and how bad his teammates were.

And to the question as to whether Pierce can carry a team on his back, did you not see game 7 against Cleveland? Or in the 2002 ECF against NJ where Pierce led the Celtics to the greatest 4th quarter comeback in NBA playoff history? Or to the fact that Pierce was the leading scorer/2nd in assists behind Rondo during the regular season ahead of KG/Allen? Or that he was the finals MVP? I can point to more examples but this are a few prominent ones.

I'm not saying Pierce is the best player in the league, but some opinions of him in this thread are flat out wrong and he is certainly top 15, probably top 10 player.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#44 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:32 pm

MVP16 wrote:In the 32 games that Pierce was out, the Celtics had a record of 4 wins and 31 losses...

:-?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#45 » by MVP16 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:41 pm

^
35 games...sorry for the typo.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#46 » by REDDzone » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:52 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
Rodman/Pippen vs Odom/Gasol is very comparable. I think Pippen and Odom have very similar games, but I guess you've got to say that Pippen is better. Obviously, Rodman rebounded and defended like no other. Gasol is a far better scorer and passer, that's not debatable either. He's also not a **** off the court.

Of course, Pippen played along side MJ for the majority of his (good) career so it's hard to judge who is better as an individual. MJ made players look great.

Dude, come on you are smarter than this. Have you seen Pippen play? I love Odom, but come on man, this isn't even close to close. As for the second part, Pippen played very well with Portland for a number of years post-MJ. That's especially true if you factor in defense and look past scoring.

And as far as Pierce being the best player in the world? That is a complete joke. I take LeBron over Pierce any day of the week and that's not only for the future, I mean right now. LeBron almost beat Pierce/KG/Ray all by himself!
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#47 » by jerrod » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:57 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:
U my friend are obviously a souljah boy fan and do the superman dance and get silly in ur bedroom alone wayyyy to often to make a crack at me like that my friend..

and for the record, Lil Waynes last THREE albums speak for themselves and he is the BEST in the music industry, so maybe u should quit gettin silly and open ur ears

:rofl:

thanks, you made my day with that
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#48 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:06 pm

REDDzone wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:
Rodman/Pippen vs Odom/Gasol is very comparable. I think Pippen and Odom have very similar games, but I guess you've got to say that Pippen is better. Obviously, Rodman rebounded and defended like no other. Gasol is a far better scorer and passer, that's not debatable either. He's also not a **** off the court.

Of course, Pippen played along side MJ for the majority of his (good) career so it's hard to judge who is better as an individual. MJ made players look great.

Dude, come on you are smarter than this. Have you seen Pippen play? I love Odom, but come on man, this isn't even close to close. As for the second part, Pippen played very well with Portland for a number of years post-MJ. That's especially true if you factor in defense and look past scoring.

And as far as Pierce being the best player in the world? That is a complete joke. I take LeBron over Pierce any day of the week and that's not only for the future, I mean right now. LeBron almost beat Pierce/KG/Ray all by himself!

It's not Pippen that I'm wondering about. I was pretty young with the 90's Bulls, but all I remember about Rodman was that he was a really good Reggie Evans.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:07 pm

jerrod, you don't want to hurt yourself dancing. Be sure to stretch out those creamy hamstrings.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#50 » by REDDzone » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:21 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:

It's not Pippen that I'm wondering about. I was pretty young with the 90's Bulls, but all I remember about Rodman was that he was a really good Reggie Evans.

I think its just hard to compare Gasol-Rodman because they are so different.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#51 » by jerrod » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:34 pm

trwi7 wrote:jerrod, you don't want to hurt yourself dancing. Be sure to stretch out those creamy hamstrings.

man, i was like 6 when mc hammer and vanilla ice came out. i've been doing this for years, i'm built for this **** 8-)

:lol:
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#52 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:59 pm

trwi7 wrote:jerrod, you don't want to hurt yourself dancing. Be sure to stretch out those creamy hamstrings.

Don't forget to watch Bird On A Wire Tuesday Night on TBS Superstation
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,670

Post#53 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Aug 6, 2008 4:23 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:

Rodman was one of the greatest role players of all time. 2 time Defensive Player of the Year, 8 time All-Defensive First Team, 2 time All-NBA 3rd team. He was closer to an in his prime Ben Wallace, then Reggie Evans. But, he was better than Wallace.

Comparing Rodman with Gasol is like apples and oranges. But, I think I'd have to go with Rodman. I'll go with the suddenly underrated Scottie Pippen as well. Yes, i'll take the other two main contributors to the 72-10 team, thanks.

Well, the big 3 on that team was Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc (62.90 points per game in 1995-1996), but Rodman was the defensive beast that pushed them over top. Much like I believe that Redd/Jefferson/Bogut can get us 60 a night, but we are lacking that defensive presense at the 4 (Camby (alas), Marion, Sheed, even an up and comer like Sean Williams).

As for Paul Pierce, I'd put him and Kobe as close to equal at this point, but neither is the best player in the NBA.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#54 » by REDDzone » Wed Aug 6, 2008 7:26 pm

Looking at Rodman's rebounding numbers, he was even better than I remembered, 18 rpg for whole seasons? How many seasons did he lead the league? I can't remember exactly but at least 7? 8?

Sick, Rodman > Gasol, I have officially decided.
;)
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#55 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:06 pm

It's like this: Pippen >>> Odom. And though it may be hard to judge, Rodman AT LEAST > Gasol.

Pierce has always been tremendously underrated because he has had no one on his team. Toine can't even find the floor for the last season or more on AWFUL teams, and though he was better earlier in his career, there is no way he should ever be a Robin on any team. The fact that Pierce and Antoine actually got as far as they did that one year they went to the ECF is beyond me. But now with a team around him, everyone is quick to say Pierce isn't that great, it's his team but its so far from reality. He may not be the best player in the league, but like I said earlier how can you make the argument against him when he's the Finals MVP and covered the "best players in the world" (who have very different styles of play) and really defended each brilliantly.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,395

Post#56 » by rilamann » Wed Aug 6, 2008 10:28 pm

th87 wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:

Whoa. That nasal comedian rapper is the most overrated artist I've ever heard. He's like the Jim Carrey of rappers - entertaining, but not a complete rapper. He's probably closer to Soulja Boy than he is to REAL rappers like AZ, 90's Jay Z, Yukmouth, and Scarface, for example.

I dont think I have ever agreed more with someone on this board on a specfic topic than I do with you when it comes to rap music.

I even agree with how you wrote ''90's Jay-Z'' because if was going to give Jay Z props for being a good rapper I would have added ''90's'' too.

:lol:

95% of todays so called rap music (like Lil Wayne for example) is nothing more than pop music on the same level of anything else 14 year old girls would listen to.

Like Wraul mentioned.

To each their own though.

It just annoys me I guess that they call that trash ''rap/hip hop'' because thats not what it is at all.

Back to the topic of Paul Pierce,Lebron James in my mind is the best player on the league and hes heads and shoulds ahead of Pierce.

Pierce with the exception of one year (2002) couldnt even win more than 2 playoff series over his carrer untll he had KG & Ray.

Hell before he had KG & Ray he could even get his team into the playoffs.

Lebron for example by himself almost beat Pierce,KG & Ray in the playoffs.Plus Lebron lead the Cavs (by himslef) to the NBA Finals in 2007.

Its Lebron #1 with Kobe #2 then Duncan #3,Im not sure I'd even say Pierce is a top 10 player in the league.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#57 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Aug 6, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm not gonna call Lil' Wayne garbage, but I prefer Biggie, Tupac, and Nas. Juicy, Notorious Thugz, Hit 'Em Up, and One Mic are all on the last CD I made.

I still don't understand the 1 for 1 trade off assertions. I think that Pierce is a great player, and I think Kobe is a great player. I don't think either is a particularly good fit on the other team though.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#58 » by WRau1 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 2:22 am

I just don't understand how Pierce or anyone else can think hes better than Kobe. Theres not a single aspect to Pierces game that is better than Kobes, not one.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#59 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Aug 7, 2008 2:52 am

Aside from leaderships skills and being a good teammate...

Stat lines don't always speak to a player's entire game.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#60 » by WRau1 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:40 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Aside from leaderships skills and being a good teammate...

Stat lines don't always speak to a player's entire game.

Yeah, Pierce is really really good at leading his team to below .500 records.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks