Around The League - Bill Walton passes from cancer at 71

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,389

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns 

Post#841 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 17, 2024 3:01 am

What a response.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,056

Post#842 » by Plossum » Fri May 17, 2024 3:18 am

No idea what happens in game 7. Hopefully it’s close. This series deserves an epic finish.
#LockUpChuck
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,065

Post#843 » by BUCKnation » Fri May 17, 2024 5:38 am

So the greatest offensive player of all time couldnt stop multiple huge 10-20+ to 0 runs by the opponent? (Yes, this was a hater comment)
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,056

Post#844 » by Plossum » Fri May 17, 2024 7:45 am

So has Jamal Murray been kinda **** these playoffs? I know he has hit a couple of big shots in Lakers series but is now putting up 20/5/6 on 40/31/90 splits. .474 TS% (yikes).

It has been ok given Gordon has stepped up hugely so far but is Murray hurting more than he’s helping his team?
#LockUpChuck
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,364

Post#845 » by Mags FTW » Fri May 17, 2024 12:48 pm

Plossum wrote:So has Jamal Murray been kinda **** these playoffs? I know he has hit a couple of big shots in Lakers series but is now putting up 20/5/6 on 40/31/90 splits. .474 TS% (yikes).

It has been ok given Gordon has stepped up hugely so far but is Murray hurting more than he’s helping his team?

He was Questionable heading into last night. He was clearly bothered by the same injury in Game 2. I think that can be part of the reason for his performance.

Made a bit of money last night betting his Unders when I saw he was Questionable.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,389

Post#846 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 17, 2024 1:38 pm

Murray's been hot/cold his entire career. He's a great playoff performer largely due to huge games and clutch shots but like half of his playoff games he's been a sub .55 TS% guy with a ton of absolute stinkers. Makes me laugh so much seeing people pining for the Nuggets and the "trade Dame" crowd because of his deficiencies when the Nuggets second best dude is just the younger version of him with basically every single wart, including the laughable defense.

Could also talk about their third "star" being a guy who if he isn't draining threes he's just a completely useless player. MPJ needs to be thanking the heavens he plays next to Jokic. Dude's getting like 90+% of his buckets these playoffs assisted on top being a complete joke defensively.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#847 » by Prez » Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm

I know there are many people who think we **** suck lol, but I’ve yet to see a team in these playoffs that I don’t think a healthy 34/0/22 could beat. These playoffs turned out to be totally open, which is what makes the injuries so much more brutal.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,235

Post#848 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 17, 2024 1:47 pm

I'm kinda torn at this point between rooting for the Nuggets because I think they have the best chance to knock off Boston, and rooting for the Wolves because Ant is awesome and Jokic/Denver fans getting a much needed slice of humble pie. Just hope that Game 7 isn't a blowout either way.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#849 » by jute2003 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:59 pm

Prez wrote:I know there are many people who think we **** suck lol, but I’ve yet to see a team in these playoffs that I don’t think a healthy 34/0/22 could beat. These playoffs turned out to be totally open, which is what makes the injuries so much more brutal.
These teams are still playing. The Bucks are not. Injuries suck but at this point, you have to assume the Bucks, as currently built, will be broken come playoff time. It's a **** excuse
only a fan, only an opinion
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,651

Post#850 » by RogerMurdock » Fri May 17, 2024 2:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#851 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 17, 2024 2:12 pm

jute2003 wrote:
Prez wrote:I know there are many people who think we **** suck lol, but I’ve yet to see a team in these playoffs that I don’t think a healthy 34/0/22 could beat. These playoffs turned out to be totally open, which is what makes the injuries so much more brutal.
These teams are still playing. The Bucks are not. Injuries suck but at this point, you have to assume the Bucks, as currently built, will be broken come playoff time. It's a **** excuse

An assumption based entirely on simplistic confirmation bias and circular logic, sure. The difference between context ("This team is already a top contender and just needs some roster tweaking") and excuse ("We definitely would have won it all if we had just been healthy so let's run the same exact roster back") is wide and far.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#852 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 pm

It's killing me a little bit everytime I watch this Knicks/Pacers series. We were supposed to get an ECF series against the Celtics. Beyond that I'm not sure but I damn well know we had a chance at least and you won't convince me otherwise.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,205

Post#853 » by midranger » Fri May 17, 2024 2:23 pm

jute2003 wrote:

Yup.

The Bucks were by far the “best” team in the NBA over the 5 year span under Bud and made only 2 ECFs in a weak East (winning one in 6 over the Trae Young lead Hawks that just secured the #1 overall pick in the draft and blowing a 2-0 lead in the other).

There’s something Not quite right with the leadership, mix of players, culture, coaching, whatever that leads me to have zero faith in this team in the post season. Healthy or not.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,651

Post#854 » by RogerMurdock » Fri May 17, 2024 2:31 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

It's killing me a little bit everytime I watch this Knicks/Pacers series. We were supposed to get an ECF series against the Celtics. Beyond that I'm not sure but I damn well know we had a chance at least and you won't convince me otherwise.

Of course the Bucks had a chance. When healthy, this is a very good team. Despite losing 4 of 5 in the regular season to Indy, it definitely looks like we would've beaten them in the playoffs, considering we came pretty close with a JV team. No guarantee against the Knicks, of course, but we would've been the favorite there. Boston is obviously really good, but we would have clearly had a shot to knock them off.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,419

Post#855 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:34 pm

jute2003 wrote:

Was listening to Locked on Suns yesterday talk about Budenholzer. The host went back and rewatched all of game three of the 2021 Finals. Said he was amazed at how Giannis was everywhere on defense. Everywhere. Said the 2024 Giannis just wasn’t doing that anymore.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,088

Post#856 » by German Athens » Fri May 17, 2024 2:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

Was listening to Locked on Suns yesterday talk about Budenholzer. The host went back and rewatched all of game three of the 2021 Finals. Said he was amazed at how Giannis was everywhere on defense. Everywhere. Said the 2024 Giannis just wasn’t doing that anymore.

Giannis in 2021 wasn't everywhere on defense in the regular season, either. He’s always ratcheted up his defensive intensity in the playoffs.

You’re right that he wasn’t the same in 2024 as in 2021, because he never played in 2024. Comparing a finals game to regular season games should probably have all sorts of asterisks associated with it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#857 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 17, 2024 2:57 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

You don't (re: shouldn't) need the 2021 version of Giannis flying around on both ends putting together the greatest two-way Finals series in modern NBA history to win another title. It is kinda crazy that this is the standard that he keeps being held to though.

Despite all these great regular seasons we had under Bud, the margin for error in the playoffs was always razor thin because of the talent deficiency in the back-court, and Bledsoe, Jrue, Grayson, etc. **** all over themselves when asked to carry any sort of "3rd option" offensive usage. Not relying on Giannis to do literally everything for us is exactly why they went out and acquired Dame.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#858 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 17, 2024 2:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

Not the playoffs. *Didn't even play in a playoff game.

What about his last game though, before the calf strain happened, blowing out the darling Celtics?

Giannis is still Giannis. We'll see that next year.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#859 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri May 17, 2024 3:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

You can't seriously compare defensive intensity in an NBA Finals game to 2024 regular season games. Fully confident Giannis is still capable of that level in a playoff setting, we just haven't gotten to see it the last two years.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#860 » by soxperry » Fri May 17, 2024 3:42 pm

if there's one constant in the NBA, it's that people have blinders and they forget quickly. Fans of one team dont really watch other teams to the level of being able to speak on them with validity. They watch what happens when their team plays another team, and they may watch highlights or a big game here and there, but that's about it. Even the media doesn't really watch to the level that they probably should if they want to fully understand. We all watch every minute of every Bucks game. We have a pretty good handle on the Bucks. No one else has that level of detail ingrained. And same goes for all other teams.

So when someone says something about Giannis, i take it with a grain of salt. I've watched him perform against the top teams this season and he was better than ever. If he's healthy in the playoffs next year, there's going to be a BIG TIME narrative about "****, we forgot about GIannis." And that's fine. It seems to happen with Kawhi every couple seasons and then he gets hurt again.

Prisoners of the moment. That's nba fanhood in a nutshell.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks