4/3/10: Suns at Bucks postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,935

Re: 4/3/10: Suns at Bucks postgame 

Post#21 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:02 am

jerrod wrote:quite a bummer.

we had some good seats but we were at the wrong end/angle to see the bogut fall. did amare really push him that hard?

Amare didnt push him at all, he tried to hang on the rim and his hand slipped.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#22 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:04 am

Jez2983 wrote:Whatever, man. Elbows are **** things to injure. This is bull. I'm not happy at all. And it's pretty clear it was Stoudamire that caused it, even with a gentle push.

What a **** way to find out we beat the Suns.

As our usual best source of injury info, it's your job to study the replay and give us a decent prognosis Dr jez.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#23 » by jimmybones » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:06 am

we had some good seats but we were at the wrong end/angle to see the bogut fall. did amare really push him that hard?

You may already have this answer by now, but no..initially I thought he did but watching the replay it looks like he had his hand there but not really a push. His hand may have been a slight factor to adding to the momentum, a nudge if anything. But more likely he falls either way..my opinion. I still don't think Amare needed to touch him at all at that point but its not his fault.

edit: My internet is being a dick, I didnt realize 9 people already replied to this.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:08 am

from my angle, a fews from the court by the opposite free throw line, i barely saw any contact but stoudemire got a flagrant 1 right?

i actually haven't seen the video yet, they wouldn't show a replay in the building
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#25 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:09 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

Amare didnt push him at all, he tried to hang on the rim and his hand slipped.

The only thing you can blame amare for is forcing Bogut to go full-speed to the finish. I can't fault a guy for forcing a tougher shot.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,751

Post#26 » by emunney » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:11 am

This sucks. Here we should be celebrating our first winning season in 7 years, and instead our season is basically over. Hope Bogut's ok for next year, and I hope Hammond can pull another 3-4 rabbits out of his hat this offseason.

Unfortunately, I think winning 3 more games this season, playoffs included, would be overachieving.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#27 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:20 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:Whatever, man. Elbows are **** things to injure. This is bull. I'm not happy at all. And it's pretty clear it was Stoudamire that caused it, even with a gentle push.

What a **** way to find out we beat the Suns.

As our usual best source of injury info, it's your job to study the replay and give us a decent prognosis Dr jez.

Yeah, I've watched it again and it pretty much isn't Amare's fault. Sorry, dude :) (or should I start an apology thread, chrisbh style?)

Elbows are very difficult to predict. Wichmae already wrote some really good stuff in the game thread. I suspect 'minor dislocation' would mean all the ligaments are intact and that he hopefully has not ruptured the elbow capsule. Wichmae also mentioned that the muscles remained intact, and this is evident as you could not see a 'Popeye sign', which is where the affected biceps looks massive as it retracts and bulges in the middle of the forearm. I would be surprised if there was a muscle tear in this situation, as generally the muscles can withstand some degree of over-stretch.

If he has ruptured either the medial or lateral ligaments I don't want to hypothesise. Outcome for recons isn't good.

Watching again you can clearly see what's called a 'sulcus sign' on the lateral elbow. That suggests the forearm has slipped out backwards as we can see here:

That may be really good for Bogut, and mean that most structures are intact.

I think people are going to see what an Iron Man Bogut really is. I feel he's going to shock a lot of people with his recovery time. He may only be out a 2-4 weeks.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#28 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:24 am

Awesome info Jez you rock, 2 weeks would be the start of playoffs, 4 weeks would be after the first round.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#29 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:26 am

AussieBuck wrote:Awesome info Jez you rock, 2 weeks would be the start of playoffs, 4 weeks would be after the first round.

I feel I may be being very optimistic. I'd give my arm to Bogut so I could look at his arm, then I could tell you what I really could see :)

I hope I don't get people's hopes up too much...
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#30 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:27 am

Jez2983 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Awesome info Jez you rock, 2 weeks would be the start of playoffs, 4 weeks would be after the first round.

I feel I may be being very optimistic. I'd give my arm to Bogut so I could look at his arm, then I could tell you what I really could see :)

I hope I don't get people's hopes up too much...

There are some people who want their hopes up for some reason. :dontknow:
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Post#31 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:47 am

I didn't see the whole game yet - saw bits and parts and have it on DVR. Unfortunately I did see the Bogut injury, which made me just about ill. Felt like my body hurt after watching it and I was just deflated completely. First, you just hate to see it. It looked just outrageously painful. Second, you hate to think about how well the team had been doing, what it had done for the fan base, and the things we all were hoping for in the playoffs. Third, you hate to think about how it affects Bogut himself. He showed such great improvement this year, and for the most part had stayed injury free. Hope he can fully recover both for him personally and for his basketball career.

I have no idea what the possible diagnosis's and all of that are - I haven't really been home and it's been hard to follow. I'm of course hoping for the best, as everyone is. Ugh...
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#32 » by agiaco » Sun Apr 4, 2010 9:07 am

Dammit NBA.com report says Bogut has a dislocated elbow, sprained wrist....and broken right hand.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#33 » by stellation » Sun Apr 4, 2010 9:16 am

Props to Delfeezy. 40+ minutes not long back from a scary neck injury, the guy is a pro.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#34 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2010 9:22 am

stellation wrote:Props to Delfeezy. 40+ minutes not long back from a scary neck injury, the guy is a pro.

I was busy throwing a tantrum for nearly half the game, did he look at all timid as he did in the previous game or was he over it? I'm not taking a shot at him he nearly got paralyzed so first game back jitters are totally fine with me.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#35 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Apr 4, 2010 9:36 am

Worst. Win. Ever.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#36 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2010 9:48 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Worst. Win. Ever.

Totally, we beat one of the best teams in the West on a big winning streak and all you want to do is punch something or someone.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
brandon23baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#37 » by brandon23baller » Sun Apr 4, 2010 10:04 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Worst. Win. Ever.

Totally, we beat one of the best teams in the West on a big winning streak and all you want to do is punch something or someone.

This...

I was devastated after the fall and could not concentrate even though we were up by 20+. Only really started watching again in the last 5 minutes.
BoonyPC
Junior
And1: 21

Post#38 » by BoonyPC » Sun Apr 4, 2010 10:18 am

Hmm I just got home and watched the game up until Boguts injury.

Could not watch after that, that was horrible.

Nice win I guess.
verbalhologram
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#39 » by verbalhologram » Sun Apr 4, 2010 12:47 pm

Just watched the game.Absolutely sickened by the fall Bogut took,looked very painful. Just not fair that he played his arse off this year and had finally started to get some respect,help us into the playoffs and BOOM,gone.
On to more postive things, we beat the suns and grab another alll important victory as we march into the playoffs.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#40 » by Nebula1 » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:12 pm

I haven't watched the game yet. I was looking at it on the DVR, but I think I'll just delete it instead.

I feel so bad for Andrew.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks