ImageImage

Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

SheedsWeed
RealGM
And1: 0

Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today? 

Post#61 » by SheedsWeed » Sun Jun 5, 2011 7:28 pm

lol at Jennings/Ersan for Pau. hiiiiiiiighly improbable.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,276

Post#62 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 5, 2011 9:20 pm

SheedsWeed wrote:lol at Jennings/Ersan for Pau. hiiiiiiiighly improbable.

What was Pau traded for when he was four years younger?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#63 » by blkout » Sun Jun 5, 2011 9:44 pm

I think because of the contracts involved and the inevitable decrease in the salary cap (and possible hard cap) it's not that unlikely a trade. Pau is making a fortune, if the hard cap is set at like 60 million he'll take up 1/3 of it and LA already has a massive wage bill. That said salary wise the contracts don't work so who knows how it'd go down if it was to eventuate.
hurtem
Banned User

Post#64 » by hurtem » Mon Jun 6, 2011 12:31 am

I don't get the idea of trading Jennings for picks at all. Jennings for vets, Bogut for rooks.
Sinister
Sophomore

Post#65 » by Sinister » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:11 am

Assuming (I know a long shot) this rumor had some legs and we kept #10

Jimmer #10, Dooling, Hobson
Salmons, Delfino,
LRMAM, Magette, Jimmy Butler #40
Gasol, Sanders
Bogut, Gooden

That would be a hell of a lot better team to watch then the trash we had on the on the court this year. I get how people wouldn't like Jimmer, but who wouldn't want to watch this team over last years squad.

Man, I know this isn't going to happen, but it is exciting to think about.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#66 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:14 am

Jimmer and Dooling as the primary ball handlers would be tragic.
Do it for Chuck
Sinister
Sophomore

Post#67 » by Sinister » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:20 am

Tragic, serioiusly? I am talking about trying to put together a team that SOMEONE would pay money to see. Tragic is the team we put on the court this year. If you don't agree, check season ticket sales.

Is a Jimmer/Dooling PG ideal, no, definitely not. But to me its a much better option than this year, and I still have a lot of faith in Jennings.

I'm talking about having a product worth paying to watch, which is all I have ever been interested in for the last 20 years in MKE. I think we've had that approximately 4 times.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#68 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:25 am

While Gasol and Bogut would be a sick frontcourt, it wouldn't really matter if someone can't get them the ball in a postion to score. Jimmer may get casual/uniformed fans interested but I don't necessarily think it makes the team dangerous. If we could somehow move up for Brandon Knight I'd be all over it but unfortunately, even if the original pipe dream happened, we just don't have the assets.
Do it for Chuck
Sinister
Sophomore

Post#69 » by Sinister » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:31 am

I won't take the comment to mean that I am a casual or uniformed fan, though that may have been implied. I think my point is clear, that we would be a much better balanced team, which would be better to watch with Jimmer/Gasol over Jennings/Ersan.

If we could get Knight, all the better. I love guys that are described as gym rats, natural leaders and hardest workers.

But, find me a realistic way to make that happen.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,624

Post#70 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 6, 2011 4:34 am

If we go for Pau, we go for being a 50 win team next year.

Presume we'd trade something for a vet PG better than Dooling. That's not saying much.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#71 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 6, 2011 6:16 am

raferfenix wrote:If we go for Pau, we go for being a 50 win team next year.

Presume we'd trade something for a vet PG better than Dooling. That's not saying much.

That vet would have to be pretty good as I don't think a team of Bogut/Pau w/ nothing else breaks 41. It would be the wrong strategy IMO given our asset situation and the upcoming cap.
Go Bucks!
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#72 » by Buck You » Mon Jun 6, 2011 7:50 am

jwill535 wrote:
- Jennings + Ersan and/or 10 pick for Gasol (an abortion of a trade)

I don't think that's a bad trade at all.

Jennings hasn't shown much so far(I know it's only 2 years, but c'mon), Ersan is meh and the draft this year sucks. Obviously that shouldn't be the only move we make in the off-season but I think that would be a good start. Sell high on Jennings before his value goes down to zero.
Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Post#73 » by Douggystyle29 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 11:26 am

My level of excitement for this team will be back to when we had Robinson, Allen and Cassell if this trade happens. I don't know why but I think this is going to go down. What did the Lakers trade to Memphis to get Gasol? The Lakers will get the most out of Jennings and also a player like Maggette if he is included. With Minny getting Rubio, maybe we could get Ridnour back. Jimmer, I think would make a good back up to Ridnour or a bench scoring option his first year. I see us winning 50 games with a healthy Bogut, Gasol, and a veteran point guard like Ridnour. I will definitely be visiting the Bradley Center more often next year if this goes down.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#74 » by europa » Mon Jun 6, 2011 5:21 pm

hoops_32 wrote:ILakers would need to get back the #10 pick to even consider doing it. I could see them doing this

Agreed. If the Lakers think Jennings can become a big-time player they might consider Jennings/Maggette/Ilyasova/10 for Gasol. Maggette almost has to be included to get the salaries to match - unless something radically changes with the next CBA.
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#75 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 5:25 pm

If next season is locked out Gasol is 32 the next time he's playing basketball in a Bucks uniform. I guess I don't see this as slam dunk as everyone else does. Does Gasol/Bogut make us a high 40's/if everything goes right low 50's win team? Probably. Do they get us by the top teams in the East with either a rookie (say we drafted one in 2012 draft given #10 was traded this year) or crappy FA PG, and with our best wing John Salmons? No.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,624

Post#76 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 6, 2011 5:27 pm

MFScho wrote:
raferfenix wrote:If we go for Pau, we go for being a 50 win team next year.

That vet would have to be pretty good as I don't think a team of Bogut/Pau w/ nothing else breaks 41. It would be the wrong strategy IMO given our asset situation and the upcoming cap.

I don't know how good he'd need to be, but with Gasol, think we could do worse than the Jennings / Ridnour combo and still get to 50.

I'd say Devin Harris would be the ideal. If the Jazz take a PG, not so far fetched.

Ridnour would be good, but as a starting PG, wow, we'd have the whitest team since segregation...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,186

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 6, 2011 5:36 pm

LUKE23 wrote:If next season is locked out Gasol is 32 the next time he's playing basketball in a Bucks uniform. I guess I don't see this as slam dunk as everyone else does. Does Gasol/Bogut make us a high 40's/if everything goes right low 50's win team? Probably. Do they get us by the top teams in the East with either a rookie (say we drafted one in 2012 draft given #10 was traded this year) or crappy FA PG, and with our best wing John Salmons? No.

Exactly my thinking. Gasol is a big name and still very good.

But we'd be getting him on the wrong side of 30 and have no one to speak of on the wings. Yawn.

If it took Baddy/10/Ersan I'd probably still make that deal, but add a 3rd team so we got something that better fit a team in the Bucks position: legit young talent.

This whole thing would assume that the Lakers like Baddy enough not to simply cut the Bucks out. I don't know how that could possibly be the case though.

Regardless, nothing about a deal that brings Pau to Milwaukee makes a lot of sense.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#78 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 5:39 pm

I'd agree. This is a deal that would make sense if we already had a legitimate high 40/low 50 win core without Gasol. But we likely have a .500/low 40 win core (healthy), and no wing or PG youth projection anywhere in sight (assuming Jennings/10 is moved here). You'd get Gasol at 31 or 32 and THEN try to add pieces to that. This is only a deal you make if the pieces are in place. They aren't.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#79 » by MetroDrugUnit » Mon Jun 6, 2011 5:53 pm

Thing I like about the prospect of getting an older Pau is that he doesn't carry a lot of weight and plays a finese game ( Doesn't bang into people or try to jump over them). I can see him being real good for a few more years and serviceable beyond that.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,278

Post#80 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jun 6, 2011 7:07 pm

DrugBust wrote:add a 3rd team so we got something that better fit a team in the Bucks position: legit young talent. This whole thing would assume that the Lakers like Baddy enough not to simply cut the Bucks out. I don't know how that could possibly be the case though.

Yeah, pretty much agree with this.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks