Drew Gooden Trade Destinations

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Re: Drew Gooden Trade Destinations 

Post#61 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Jul 8, 2012 11:21 pm

Faede wrote:I agree with Neb.

I'm totally against any trade that would bring in someone who would cause less playing time for Tobias Harris.

He is vital to our success as a franchise right now.

A good point- his contract is one year less then Gooden's though- 3 years left. Meaning after 2 you could probably get rid of him. Keep in mind Toby is only 19 or 20 and he's probably not going to get a lot of minutes for two years anyways. By then TP will be gone. In the meantime you can give him 12-15 minutes at the 2 and 3. I think the idea is the major addition by subtraction of getting rid of Gooden. The Bucks no doubt have to clear that log-jam at PF- they also have to add a SF/2G type.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#62 » by CJTURT » Sun Jul 8, 2012 11:28 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Portland might be your best bet. Gooden/Udoh/Future first, maybe they throw us matthews?

And if we had a real GM, we could do monta/gooden for matthews. But we all know how explosive the bucks back court is with the smurfs

Why would we trade someone that we can just amnstey for a future 1st???
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#63 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 8, 2012 11:29 pm

Tayshaun Prince would not improve us in any way shape or form. He doesn't defend better than Mbah Moute and he does not shoot the ball better than Mike Dun Jr. All he brings is more salary and less minutes to go around. I would honestly rather have Gooden off the bench for 10 minutes a game than T Prince (at this stage of his career).

Drew can rebound and hit jumpers out to to 20 feet. He is absolutely a negative in every other facet of the game. But there just are not that many 6'10 humans who can do those two things. So I contend some GM will need a big with scoring pop off the bench and offer up something better for him.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#64 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 8, 2012 11:31 pm

I think Portland would probably trade Matthews for Udoh and Gooden.

That makes sense for both squads.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#65 » by SpursNBucks » Mon Jul 9, 2012 12:02 am

Villanoeyebrows wrote:I think Portland would probably trade Matthews for Udoh and Gooden.

I admit it isn't hard to talk me out of Tayshaun Prince, but not sure Matthews would be my target either. I wouldn't want to include Udoh- maybe Sanders. I like the way he blocks shots, but you can't keep him on the floor with the way he fouls. Udoh plays better overall defense, stronger in the post, can hit foul shots, and has a better touch from short-mid range.

I still would like to see them go for some kind of trade for Iggy of Philly- that would probably take Ersan and something- maybe Gooden. I would be probably most keen on this, then sign someone like a Green from the Nets as that one forum member keeps screaming for- that would be an off-season.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#66 » by ampd » Mon Jul 9, 2012 1:00 am

Villanoeyebrows wrote:I think Portland would probably trade Matthews for Udoh and Gooden.

Sign me up.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#67 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jul 9, 2012 1:25 am

Any trade scenario work that could land us Derrick Williams from the Wolves? I know they have wanted to move him and I'd be willing to give up a protected first and take on a somewhat bad contract as long as it meant Gooden was going out.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#68 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jul 9, 2012 1:29 am

Actually Gooden works for Derrick Williams straight up in ESPN Trade Checker. I'd throw in a top 6 protected 1st round pick. Any chance the Wolves would take that? I would doubt it.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#69 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jul 9, 2012 1:57 am

I have a feeling the Clippers might be dumb enough to trade Ryan Gomes expiring contract for Drew Gooden.

They signed Jamal Crawford at 31 to a full MLE.

They traded away the #1 overall pick for Mo Williams.

It makes perfect sense to trade an expiring for Drew Gooden.

The guy had a freaking TRIPLE DOUBLE last year for crying out loud!

Drew Gooden + Jamal Crawford = Championship.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 2:48 am

As with all these deals, I'd do it if we gave up Sanders versus Udoh. But I'm not sure where he fits out there either. The Clippers for Gomes expiring seems to be our best hope.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#71 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jul 9, 2012 2:55 am

The Clippers big men currently stand at Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Lamar Odom, & Trey Thompkins.

I could see them wanting to get another "playoff experienced" frontcourt player, especially one that can help space the floor and could be useful on a team with a real pecking order.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#72 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 2:57 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:The Clippers big men currently stand at Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Lamar Odom, & Trey Thompkins.

I could see them wanting to get another "playoff experienced" frontcourt player, especially one that can help space the floor and could be useful on a team with a real pecking order.

Donald Sterling doesn't spend money. But maybe this can happen.

Just getting rid of Gooden would be addition by subtraction.
aaa
Junior
And1: 44

Post#73 » by aaa » Mon Jul 9, 2012 5:49 am

man i only followed gooden for fantasy purposes last year and I was very pleased with his production, especially as a playmaking big. But Im definitely getting a kick out of all this hate from Bucks fans lol, this thread is gold.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,731

Post#74 » by emunney » Mon Jul 9, 2012 6:09 am

The problem with Gooden trades is that only a stupid team would want him, and stupid teams are generally full of players on bad contracts. If we can move him for an expiring that gives us a little better roster balance, like say to Sacto for Garcia, that would be great. Don't know if the Petries can afford it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#75 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 9, 2012 7:24 am

Damn. i made a list in one of the threads here yesterday but don't know where.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#76 » by El Duderino » Mon Jul 9, 2012 8:04 am

emunney wrote:The problem with Gooden trades is that only a stupid team would want him, and stupid teams are generally full of players on bad contracts. If we can move him for an expiring that gives us a little better roster balance, like say to Sacto for Garcia, that would be great. Don't know if the Petries can afford it.

I just don't see any team giving us an expiring for three years of overpaid Gooden. My money is on him either being on the Bucks next year or Hammond trades Drew for another overpaid wing on at least a two year deal.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#77 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 9, 2012 8:27 am

El Duderino wrote:
emunney wrote:The problem with Gooden trades is that only a stupid team would want him, and stupid teams are generally full of players on bad contracts. If we can move him for an expiring that gives us a little better roster balance, like say to Sacto for Garcia, that would be great. Don't know if the Petries can afford it.

I just don't see any team giving us an expiring for three years of overpaid Gooden. My money is on him either being on the Bucks next year or Hammond trades Drew for another overpaid wing on at least a two year deal.

Sacto gave us Beno's 2 year deal and #7 for Salmons' albatross and #10. Who knows what they'd do.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#78 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 12:08 pm

JustinCredible wrote:Any trade scenario work that could land us Derrick Williams from the Wolves? I know they have wanted to move him and I'd be willing to give up a protected first and take on a somewhat bad contract as long as it meant Gooden was going out.

I doubt this would happen but Gooden/Sanders/2013 top 10 protected for Darko/Willliams - Darko has 1 year left with a team option for 2013
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#79 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jul 9, 2012 12:31 pm

I personally would do...

Gooden & 2013 1st Rd Pick (Top 10 protected) to New Orleans for Xaiver Henry and Jason Smith. If the Bucks are in the top 10, then NOH would get Milwaukee's 2nd round pick(s) in 2013.

Hornets would add a veteran PF scorer around Anthony Davis, Rivers, etc. They also would have a good shot at a 1st round draft pick looking at Milwaukee past of being a 9th seed type team.

The Bucks would clear Gooden's salary w/o taking an awful contract back, acquire an expiring and center depth with Smith, and could take a flyer on Henry who is a bigger 2 guard they seem to have interest in. If Henry doesn't have anything, decline his team option after the season. And if they lose the 1st rd pick, early rumors is it's a weak draft next year.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#80 » by smooth 'lil balla » Mon Jul 9, 2012 5:25 pm

BUCKnation wrote:How about we just make him the keyboard guy for Streetlife and be done with it.

Love this.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks