ImageImage

OT - General College Basketball

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ComeBackRay34
Sophomore
And1: 10

Re: OT - General College Basketball 

Post#1001 » by ComeBackRay34 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:Unrelated to this game specifically but I wonder if Badger fans are still "glad Vander Blue left"? He's gonna be something special next year I bet. And this year, what a massive improvement over last. 46% shooting from 39% a couple years ago. Brandon Jennings taking notes?

His improvement from last year to this has been remarkable. I never thought that shot could be fixed, and still looks pretty ugly, but he is making it work. I am enjoying this year while it lasts but my excitement for next year grows by the day.
"Monta Ellis have it all" ~ from the Great One who's only difference from Wade is winning games, an all-star appearance, two championship rings, and two gold medals.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#1002 » by giraldo5 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 am

Fabulous game to be at. The BC was rocking
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#1003 » by BUCKnation » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 am

Gardner is amazing. When he is that dominated offensively he is impossible to stop. Its not like you can go into hack mode either since he is such a good FT shooter.
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#1004 » by WiscSports1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:44 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:Unrelated to this game specifically but I wonder if Badger fans are still "glad Vander Blue left"? He's gonna be something special next year I bet. And this year, what a massive improvement over last. 46% shooting from 39% a couple years ago. Brandon Jennings taking notes?

Vander Blue has really improved the last couple of years especially this year. I doubt, however, that Badger fans are that upset since his scholarship basically went to Josh Gasser.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#1005 » by trwi7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 am

Feel awful for Iowa State. These refs have been some of the ****, most biased in favor of Kansas that I've ever seen. Hope Iowa State pulls it out because they're basically playing 5 on 8 right now.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,027

Post#1006 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 am

Small chance mu could hit top 5 next year. If they keep this up and hit the sweet sixteen they are top 10 going into the next year. Really experienced roster should start off hot in non-conference.

Blue, Gardner, Wilson, and otule bring crazy experience back. Add in Duane Wilson, McKay, jujuan Johnson and burton and you probably have the deepest team in the country.

Despite the two big threes, I feel Mayo is going to get himself buzzed this summer with the trifecta of legal, academic, and playing problems.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,962

Post#1007 » by RiotPunch » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:39 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#1008 » by trwi7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 am

That is spectacular.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,027

Post#1009 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 am

Someone also had a sign that said "carter-Williams, your girlfriend Vander blue me" that made it on the jumbo tron for a good ten seconds
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#1010 » by bucksbrewers3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Small chance mu could hit top 5 next year. If they keep this up and hit the sweet sixteen they are top 10 going into the next year. Really experienced roster should start off hot in non-conference.

Blue, Gardner, Wilson, and otule bring crazy experience back. Add in Duane Wilson, McKay, jujuan Johnson and burton and you probably have the deepest team in the country.

Despite the two big threes, I feel Mayo is going to get himself buzzed this summer with the trifecta of legal, academic, and playing problems.

Otule is a senior
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#1011 » by skitch815 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 am

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Small chance mu could hit top 5 next year. If they keep this up and hit the sweet sixteen they are top 10 going into the next year. Really experienced roster should start off hot in non-conference.

Otule is a senior

He is eligible to apply for a 6th year due to injuries and from what has been implied, they expect him to get it.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#1012 » by bucksbrewers3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 am

skitch815 wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

Otule is a senior

He is eligible to apply for a 6th year due to injuries and from what has been implied, they expect him to get it.

Ill take him back then. Very good inside presence. I expect derrick Wilson, blue, Juan, Gardner and otule to start. Anderson and Wilson otule not getting more than 20 min a night with the freshman class and Taylor jr competing for time
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1013 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm

They have three 4 star recruits coming in next year and I've made no secret of the the fact that I believe Taylor Jr is going to be a stud. Marquette and UW are both going to have some nice seasons coming up.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#1014 » by DH34Phan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

It's crazy that Marquette has won 24 straight at the BC. I hope Marquette can make a run, they definitely have the talent. If Gardner can play like that down the stretch they will be tough to beat. Not many teams can match that.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#1015 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

I say it once a year. But thank god for the college teams in this state. It is such a pleasure to watch Wisconsin and Marquette do what that do and do it well, year after year after year. Both play fantastic defense. Both have great coaches. Kids buy in to the systems. Imagine if we only had the Bucks. I might have quit watching basketball cold turkey. I thought both Wisconsin and Marquette would have "down" years this season. Boy was I wrong. Can't ever count these two programs out. Buzz Williams might be my favorite coach of all time. Great comeback last night.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#1016 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I say it once a year. But thank god for the college teams in this state. It is such a pleasure to watch Wisconsin and Marquette do what that do and do it well, year after year after year. Both play fantastic defense. Both have great coaches. Kids buy in to the systems. Imagine if we only had the Bucks. I might have quit watching basketball cold turkey. I thought both Wisconsin and Marquette would have "down" years this season. Boy was I wrong. Can't ever count these two programs out. Buzz Williams might be my favorite coach of all time. Great comeback last night.

I've never thought Marquette plays fantastic defense. They have good athletes and they play hard, but they are constantly out of position and seem to over-help on the strong side. I'd say they are more average than fantastic.

That's my observation anyway, having watched them the past 6 years. Would be curious to see if the stats back it up.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#1017 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:25 pm

I took a quick look at Pomeroy's efficiency rankings dating back to 2006.

MU Average Offensive Efficiency Ranking = 25.6
MU Average Defensive Efficiency Ranking = 43.1

UW Average Offensive Efficiency Ranking = 25.6
UW Average Defensive Efficiency Ranking = 25.9
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#1018 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

Where's PBGM at in this thread?? Lets go Gophs baby!!!!!!
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#1019 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:Where's PBGM at in this thread?? Lets go Gophs baby!!!!!!

I don't usually post in here for Gopher games, unless they are playing the Badgers. Grendon gets pissed. :D
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#1020 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 am

I know, that's why I posted something first so u can't get ripped on. U have permission to post away on this game and then resume not posting about the Gophs at all afterwords, ain't nobody got time for dat... :-)

Seriously though, Gophs looking good so far...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks