ImageImage

OT - General College Basketball

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Re: OT - General College Basketball 

Post#2921 » by El Duderino » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm

emunney wrote:I certainly don't blame Blue for leaving. I think the success of other Marquette guys should play in his favor, but he looks to me like a coin flip to get picked in the 1st round. Whatever the outcome, he'll be getting paid to play ball next year. There's a huge difference between making a team as a 2nd rounder or getting a guaranteed two years as a 1st round pick and playing in the d-league or overseas, though, where there aren't as many big money slots for Americans as there used to be, and they're typically taken by high performing veterans. I hope he's prepared for that.

I really question if Vander is worth a 1st round pick given he's an undersized two who can't shoot well from the perimeter, but it is a weak draft and i agree that the success of other Marquette guys like Matthews, Butler, and Crowder could possibly help a GM draft Blue late first or early 2nd. Either way, i do expect him to be getting paid to play ball next year, be it in the NBA or overseas.

Best of luck to him, but for purely selfish reasons i wanted him to return to Marquette next year. With Vander going pro, Junior/Lockett graduating, and Ferguson transferring, depth at guard got thin quick. The two freshman recruits Wilson/Johnson will need to be productive right away and Mayo will have to stop being so inconsistent.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#2922 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Marquette is supposedly on Drew Crawford of NU as a blue fill-in. Any Badgers guys on here have some Big Ten insight? Guy looks like he would be perfect for MU as a 1-year fill-in.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#2923 » by Badgerlander » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:53 pm

I'd love to have Jamil on the Bucks. We should make him a 2nd round promise.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#2924 » by unklchuk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Haven't followed the MU situation. Any chance players leaving might pre-signal the Coach leaving too?
AFAIK, IDKM
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#2925 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:17 pm

I don't think so. Thomas is leaving cause he would have to pay his way. Jamal wasn't getting PT. And it looks like Juan really just wants to be closer to home. Of course, Blue just wants to get paid. It was rumored on the MU board Buzz was seen in a heated argument with Blue a few weeks ago staying he needs to stay and get better.

Really hope Marquette can pull off a Drew Crawford and Tarik Black for Blue and Anderson trade. If Buzz pulls that one out and keeps this team a top 10 team despite the TO, he deserves a big raise.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#2926 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 am

unklchuk wrote:Haven't followed the MU situation. Any chance players leaving might pre-signal the Coach leaving too?

Where would he go? There aren't any major job openings any more.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#2927 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 am

To Dunk City, you n00b.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#2928 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:14 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Really hope Marquette can pull off a Drew Crawford and Tarik Black for Blue and Anderson trade. If Buzz pulls that one out and keeps this team a top 10 team despite the TO, he deserves a big raise.

Sounds like the front runners for Black are Duke and Minnesota, oddly enough. I think Marquette's biggest problem with Black is that both Otule and Gardner are coming back. Duke and Minnesota have huge openings in their lineups with Plumlee and Mbakwe moving on.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#2929 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Hardaway jumping to the NBA. Hopefully that means Little Dog will be as well, and even McGary for that matter. Bring Michigan back to the pack a bit and give the Bucks a shot at Robinson.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#2930 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Smart is an idiot. He can't possibly go as high next year as he would this year and doesn't even have a good team to come back to. I have no understanding what he is doing.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,600

Post#2931 » by tski1972 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Smart is an idiot. He can't possibly go as high next year as he would this year and doesn't even have a good team to come back to. I have no understanding what he is doing.

maybe he likes going to college.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
tski1972
Head Coach

Post#2932 » by tski1972 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm

that uniform is ridiculously hideous.......

ETA: it was so hideous it spontaneously combusted.

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#2933 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm

tski1972 wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:Smart is an idiot. He can't possibly go as high next year as he would this year and doesn't even have a good team to come back to. I have no understanding what he is doing.

maybe he likes going to college.

Great. Go when you are 32 and out of the league. Don't rip up your winning lotto ticket.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#2934 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:00 pm

tski1972 wrote:that uniform is ridiculously hideous.......

It popped up in my twitter feed, but after a little investigating it seems like it was a joke. I think.
tski1972
Head Coach

Post#2935 » by tski1972 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:43 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:
tski1972 wrote:that uniform is ridiculously hideous.......

It popped up in my twitter feed, but after a little investigating it seems like it was a joke. I think.

I really hope it was a joke, but I don't put anything past Nike anymore. :D

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#2936 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.

Wonder if this means he's been swayed by Calipari. I really hope he ends up at UK. Would make for a crazy entertaining team.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#2937 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 pm

DrugBust wrote:
Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.

Wonder if this means he's been swayed by Calipari. I really hope he ends up at UK. Would make for a crazy entertaining team.

If that happened, I think you'd be able to make the argument that they're the most talented college team ever. At least in the straight-to-pro/one-and-done era. And I'd emphasize "most talented," not necessarily "best."

Marcus Lee would be their lowest ranked 2013 recruit (according to ESPN) and he is the 18th best player in the country. They'd have 6 kids ranked higher than him. Then you factor in the returning players and it just gets ridiculous.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#2938 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm

A couple weeks ago I re-watched that ESPN 30 for 30 on the Fab Five and I chuckled because on rankings alone this Kentucky class would blow that one out of the water.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#2939 » by HurricaneKid » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Rankings used to be immaterial because good upperclassmen dominated even the best Freshman. Michigan became the exception. They were the young kids that changed fashion and pummelled their elders. Now there are no elite upperclassman. They have long since joined the ranks of pros.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#2940 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Sounds like the NCAA is going to lower the shot clock from 35 to 30 seconds. Bo Ryan can't be happy about that. :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks