ImageImage

What Do You Want To Happen With Ellis?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Your Preference on What Happens With Monta Ellis

He is traded by the 12-13 deadline in a win now playoff move
21%
He is traded by the 12-13 deadline for the best possible young asset (pick and/or player)
64%
He is kept past the deadline if the team has a chance at playoffs, and opts out for 13-14
6%
He is kept past the deadline if the team has a chance at playoffs, and opts in for 13-14
5%
He is kept, opts in for 13-14 and is extended as our long-term SG this summer
4%

Total votes: 131

tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Re: What Do You Want To Happen With Ellis? 

Post#201 » by tski1972 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:21 pm

would anyone be willing to attach Tobias with Monta if the return deemed it appropriate?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
J-Nut
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#202 » by J-Nut » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:23 pm

Ellis is garbage and needs to go ASAP!!!!!!!
It's like butta baby!!!!
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#203 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:23 pm

tski1972 wrote:would anyone be willing to attach Tobias with Monta if the return deemed it appropriate?

If the return was right, sure. I'd prefer to keep Tobias but if I would not be 100% committed to anybody on this roster right now.
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#204 » by JBucks » Tue Dec 4, 2012 6:43 pm

Trade them all with Ellis. There's not one player on this team who's even that likeable. Sanders, some nights. Others I can't stand him and wish he were taking antipsychotics.
Buckfan76
Senior
And1: 33

Post#205 » by Buckfan76 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:18 pm

I really think a 3 way trade with Denver, and the Lakers would work:

LAL get: Sova, Monta, Dally. Monta would fit well with Nash, Kobe, and Dwight and fit's the coach's style.

Denver gets: Pau, & T. Harris. They would have a great frontcourt rotation with Faired, McGee, Pau, Mozgov, or A. Randolph

Bucks get: J. Meeks, Duhon, Gallo, W. Chandler, & K. Koufos. Gallo starts @ the 3, Chandler would be a 6th man, Koufos would start or be a role player, Meeks could help too. Duhon either waive or be a backup after we'd trade Udrih.

OR we just talk to Minny and do Monta for D. Williams and either Ridnour, or Barea.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#206 » by JayMKE » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:02 am

i dont care what we get back for Monta as long as he's gone
FREE GIANNIS
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#207 » by ReddWing » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:07 am

Trade him along with Jermichael Finley and Martin Maldonado to NY for RA Dickey.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#208 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:39 am

Bucks, Lakers and Warriors

Bucks get: Jefferson, Biedrins and Thompson
Lakers get: Ellis, Sammy and Gooden
Warriors get: Gasol and Duhon
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,786

Post#209 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:50 am

There's no way GS gives up Thompson for Gasol.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#210 » by paul » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:52 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:There's no way GS gives up Thompson for Gasol.

Nope, and they really don't need to move either Biedrins or Jefferson at this point. Despite both being bad contracts both are very useful to them with their current makeup and neither is hurting their salary structure to the point where they can't do things they want to do.
paul
RealGM

Post#211 » by paul » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:54 am

tski1972 wrote:would anyone be willing to attach Tobias with Monta if the return deemed it appropriate?

No. Attaching good assets to bad, or vice versa works out horribly the majority of the time.

See Jackson, S.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,786

Post#212 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:59 am

paul wrote:

No. Attaching good assets to bad, or vice versa works out horribly the majority of the time.

See Jackson, S.

it would've worked out good if we took the right player ;).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paul
RealGM

Post#213 » by paul » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:01 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
paul wrote:

See Jackson, S.

it would've worked out good if we took the right player ;).

We didn't, hence my point :D
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#214 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:04 am

NOTHING....

Just leave him where he is...he has done magnificent on both ends of the court. Especially on the defensive end. I dont care what anyone says. He can defend. he has quick feet, great balance, plays the passing lanes well and he can anticpate on the ball...

Does he get post up and bigger guys shoot over him...WELL OF COURSE they do. :dontknow: That happens to everybody! So what. If you ask any player in the NBA do they have one or more guys who gives them trouble and they will tell you sure they do...

Know basketball. Know how it works. And there are guys Monta takes to school and to lunch and runs them back home again too. Big deal. That is when you have to come up with a scheme and show various looks and rotations to throw an NBA player off.

This is the NBA people...I think the battle is won up front. You funnel guys to our shotblockers and they have to come over and help better and contest a taller guys shots. That is why our roster is like it is to make up for Monta and Jennings.

The other team is paid to hit shots too...I want nothing to happen to Ellis but give him the ball and get out of his way and assist him on defense when the matchup is a bit too much. That is what a team is for. Have his back...plain and simple.

next question....
paul
RealGM

Post#215 » by paul » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:07 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
Just leave him where he is...he has done magnificent on both ends of the court. Especially on the defensive end. I dont care what anyone says.

If ever anyone wanted an example of mbbot's posting - I give you Exhibit A.

That's right folks, he's been magnificent on both ends :D
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#216 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:40 am

Just leave him where he is...he has done magnificent on both ends of the court. Especially on the defensive end.

Absolutely no way, no how can you be that dumb. Please stop, and admit to everybody that you're trolling 99% of the time.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#217 » by blazza18 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:16 am

Just leave him where he is...he has done magnificent on both ends of the court. Especially on the defensive end. I dont care what anyone says.

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,953

Post#218 » by RiotPunch » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:35 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:NOTHING....

Just leave him where he is...he has done magnificent on both ends of the court. Especially on the defensive end. I dont care what anyone says. He can defend. he has quick feet, great balance, plays the passing lanes well and he can anticpate on the ball...

Does he get post up and bigger guys shoot over him...WELL OF COURSE they do. :dontknow: That happens to everybody! So what. If you ask any player in the NBA do they have one or more guys who gives them trouble and they will tell you sure they do...

Know basketball. Know how it works. And there are guys Monta takes to school and to lunch and runs them back home again too. Big deal. That is when you have to come up with a scheme and show various looks and rotations to throw an NBA player off.

This is the NBA people...I think the battle is won up front. You funnel guys to our shotblockers and they have to come over and help better and contest a taller guys shots. That is why our roster is like it is to make up for Monta and Jennings.

The other team is paid to hit shots too...I want nothing to happen to Ellis but give him the ball and get out of his way and assist him on defense when the matchup is a bit too much. That is what a team is for. Have his back...plain and simple.

next question....

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
diener34
Junior
And1: 66

Post#219 » by diener34 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:41 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:NOTHING....

next question....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#220 » by AussieBuck » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:59 am

Petition for thread name change: "Monta Ellis, Fire Him Out Of A Cannon?"
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks