Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#961 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 pm

giraldo5 wrote:Ellis for Gordon/Det 1st

Doubt Cho does it.

I could see them doing it if it was a pick swap for us with the Detroit 1st though. It wouldn't give us much of a jump considering we will most likely picking 15th, but especially in a weak draft a couple spots could make the difference between getting a dud and getting a productive player. I would do that trade with the pick swap in a split second. Lets take advantage of the unknown of whether Monta opts out or not in the offseason. I dont think he will, but i think we can take advantage of other teams wishful thinking here...
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#962 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:27 pm

JayMKE wrote:
N8Frog wrote:Milwaukee Gets: Collison, Dudley, Telfair, Crowder, Phoenix 1st (via LA)
Phoenix Gets: Ellis, Kaman, Dallas 1st (via Hou I think)
Dallas Gets: Jennings, Gortat, M. Daniels

Deal Dalembert for the highest pick you can get.

Bucks:
Collison/Udrih/Telfair
Dudley/Dunleavy/Lamb
Moute/Crowder/Harris
Ersan/Henson/Gooden
Sanders/Udoh/Pryzbilla

Not a sexy team, but should be more efficient. Add a few picks and Crowder a nice young prospect.

That team will be hanging 8th seed banners for years

I'm not into that either, other than the pick there's not one player there I really want, and the Laker pick is going to be in the upper teens likely.
WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 13

Post#963 » by WallabyPie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 am

M-C-G wrote:Trade 2;
MKE OUT: Ellis, Daniels
MKE IN: Bealey, Wes Johnson, PHX 1st

Save loads of money, get to see if Ellis the guy they want to invest in.

Actually the Suns add more salary in this scenario.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#964 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 pm

While I dont see the blazers doing this, what about

Bucks get: Batum/Barton
Blazers get: Moute/Mayo
Mavs get: Jennings

This solves Hammond's need of a young wing that can shoot the 3, while going to the rim
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#965 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Who's down for Gooden/Udrih for Gordon?
yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#966 » by yoshii8 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm

This sounds like a pretty terrible idea, but would be very entertaining way to play out the season, to say the least. How about targeting Josh Smith and Jeff Teague for Jennings, Udoh and Dalembert? We might have to give them Ersan instead of Udoh, but it would be a very interesting lineup. There is a lot of talent on that team, and I think Monta and Josh Smith are supposedly friends.

Teague/Ellis/LRMAM/Smith/Sanders
Bench: Udrih, Dunleavy, Henson, Udoh/Ersan
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#967 » by jtrinaldi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Who's down for Gooden/Udrih for Gordon?

isn't Beno a FA after year? Amnesty Gooden, and then you are cap free. I can't imagine that the Bucks keep Gooden into next yr.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#968 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Gordon makes more than Gooden next season, doesn't he? So no, no way I do that deal.

Just amnesty Gooden. Don't devalue any type of trade by adding him like we did with S-Jax.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#969 » by jtrinaldi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

If we don't Amnesty Gooden, I will lose any faith I had in the Bucks front office
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#970 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:52 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Who's down for Gooden/Udrih for Gordon?

isn't Beno a FA after year? Amnesty Gooden, and then you are cap free. I can't imagine that the Bucks keep Gooden into next yr.

You do know that Herb Kohl is still the owner right? Gooden won't get amnestied. Sure Gordon is making 13mil next year, but it's a lot easier, (I would hope) moving Gordon that Gooden next year. I could see a team like Minny wanting him next year.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#971 » by Lippo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Simple 2 teamer

Jennings/Dalembert
for
J.Smith/Jenkins

Ellis/Uhdrih
Dunleavy/Jenkins
Smith/Moute/Harris
Ersan/Henson/Gooden
Sanders/Udoh/Priz

Then hope by some miracle Smith and Ellis love playing together here and stay, then talk their buddy Dwight how great it is here and the fans are great, lol. We amnesty Gooden and offer him a max next year.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,839

Post#972 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Josh Smith wouldn't resign here at all, wasted assets for the 8th seed.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#973 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:16 pm

I like the idea of trading for josh smith if we can get him without trading Jennings, Harris, sanders or Henson. I'd also like to than try and do the 3way trade with Dallas and Indiana that would bring back collision and granger. Granger would be a star to go with our young stars for the future. If smith leaves, oh well... We have more room to go for guys in FA. Also our best option to be a Cinderella team this year in playoffs... Which is what kohl ultimately wants.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#974 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:17 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:If we don't Amnesty Gooden, I will lose any faith I had in the Bucks front office

Why did you have faith in the first place?

:lol:
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#975 » by Lippo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 pm

yoshii8 wrote:This sounds like a pretty terrible idea, but would be very entertaining way to play out the season, to say the least. How about targeting Josh Smith and Jeff Teague for Jennings, Udoh and Dalembert? We might have to give them Ersan instead of Udoh, but it would be a very interesting lineup. There is a lot of talent on that team, and I think Monta and Josh Smith are supposedly friends.

Teague/Ellis/LRMAM/Smith/Sanders
Bench: Udrih, Dunleavy, Henson, Udoh/Ersan

yeah 1/2 the reason to do it,

smith/ellis/howard

jennings/harden/derozan

three amigo types, do tons of offseason stuff together.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#976 » by Lippo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Josh Smith wouldn't resign here at all, wasted assets for the 8th seed.

hence " by some miracle"

the miracle being smith and ellis bring the best out of each other, we get hot, make the eastern finals, they embrace milwaukee, tell howard about how great it is here etc..etc.yada.yada. miracle...
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#977 » by vegaspacker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:42 am

Sorry fans.... I have to interject for a moment!

I see that the moderators have been vigilant, and have imposed limitations on this board.

Navigation is the key to exploration!! Having to deliberate through 57 pages of one thread is absolutely tedious. Keeping a mental note on the number of posts per thread to keep up to date on others ideas is killing me.

You have a great thing going here... tons of info, and a fair amount of blithering... I am of the volition that poor threads become history by themselves.

I am a rather new entry in this forum... The place is buzzing because of the deadline.... Maybe, for a few days you could relax the locking at the moment....

Yeah, some of the proposals are crazy.. yet they are proactive and allow for discourse.

Personally, muddling through a 50 some page thread is rather nauseating... Let it flow, the Bucks chatter is raging, and to nullify that is restrictive.

Certainly... some posters are very creative and humorous, and others... meh!

As a newer guy, I find it much easier to breeze by those posts, than to find relatively curious ideas squashed....

It is not like the fans are considering the best lineup for the upcoming game... It's a potentially big opportunity to meld this team for the future!!! One thread is not enough.....
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#978 » by htr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 am

Too many posters come up with 3 and 4 team deals that just aren't going to happen. We don't need eight first page threads of those types of made up trade ideas.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#979 » by vegaspacker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 am

Once again, I see the fun in that... some of the considerations are rather unreasonable. But, I like to see the retorts... at the moment, many of the ridiculous trade proposals mimic options exorcized by the current management.

I have not had a chance to realize the true nature of trading players. The implications of the CBA, and salary considerations are amplified during these conversations...

It can be a bit more revealing than ... Affalo- Teague- Collison- Brooks- et al rhetoric that seems to embody the climate here...

Some of us are a bit removed from your expert analysis... and really appreciate the intricacies of these things....
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#980 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:55 am

I would normallly agree that navigating through 50 page threads is annoying but it's much better than having 20 trade ideas on the first page by 3 posters.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks