ImageImage

PG: Brandon > Holiday

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday 

Post#41 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:49 am

Bad Midget wrote:Is Gasol better as a PF or C?

C
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#42 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:50 am

Plus the Bucks have had problems with "bigs" on other teams and Gasol could help with that problem.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#43 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Bad Midget wrote:Chances of Gasol going to the Bucks very high? Am I hearing that right?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... -division/
It's just speculation more then a rumor.

This is what has me interested:

Most likely to be dealt: PG Eric Bledsoe ($1.7 million/2 years)

With his suffocating defense and his 22.2 PER, Bledsoe has earned a starting opportunity somewhere, and Chris Paul has said as much. However, trading Bledsoe for a proven wing (which would likely be the target) would be difficult given his low salary and the Clippers lack of desire to go into the tax. Most likely, they’d have to combine Bledsoe with someone like Caron Butler, an average small forward but a perfect fit as an outside shooter. Also, with Paul still not having signed on with the Clippers long-term (even though everyone expects he will), Bledsoe represents an insurance policy. Although it’s likely he’s traded eventually, doing it this season doesn’t make much sense for the Clippers.

This screams Dunleavy. Cheap, super productive wing.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#44 » by cellomac1212 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:Someone from the Bucks should be going to the ASG. I know the general favorite between Monta and Jennings is definitely Jennings here, but what do you think the coaches think about the Monta and Jennings when they have to make a pick? Jennings has been the hotter player lately, but over the course of the season the coaches will look at this to make their decision:

I'm sure of the response this will get already, but thought I should post it anyway as popular player might be the determining factor if either make it.

Games with over 25 points - Jennings 12 Monta 6
TS% Brandon 51% Monta 47%

I think its easily Brandon. Not close between the two.

Do you think coaches are going to go anywhere near that far to see that difference? I personally think they will look at 2 names on a piece of paper and choose one with regards of who they fear more when they play against that team. I would be happy if either player made it btw, but I'm just getting at the decision might be based more on popularity and general stats over the likes of advanced stats. Thoughts???
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,820

Post#45 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 am

Depends who's next to him. With a guy like Larry you can play him at either. He can't guard stretch fours or an uber athletic four but Ersan can't guard anyone so it's not even an even tradeoff.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#46 » by SkilesTheLimit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 am

Is all this Gasol trade talk to the Bucks because...

a) Lakers lost again yesterday and are sucking wind -- with Gasol off the bench?
b) Bucks get a huge game from Ersan (a trade chip LA may want)
c) one guy wrote an article speculating on a possible trade that could work?
d) all the above

Where did all this come from today. It's taking over the PG thread and Sparky's post game show.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,653

Post#47 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am

cellomac1212 wrote:I'm sure of the response this will get already, but thought I should post it anyway as popular player might be the determining factor if either make it.

Its Jennings. And its not even close.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Post#48 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am

cellomac1212 wrote:Thoughts???

jennings has the nod because both guys are chucking scorers and jennings has done it better.... altho marginally. their other stats and defensive impacts are similar.

for me what stands out within the discussion is the idea that jennings might have a shot at the allstar game all the while ellis is still viewed as the devil on the board for some lack of any sizeable impact whatsoever other than a negative one.

its horsesht that somehow theres enough separation between these 2 that one deserves an allstar berth while the other one supposedly sucks. :roll:
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#49 » by cellomac1212 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Depends who's next to him. With a guy like Larry you can play him at either. He can't guard stretch fours or an uber athletic four but Ersan can't guard anyone so it's not even an even tradeoff.

Gasol can't shoot like Ersan so you lose 3 point shooting from the 4. I think he hits the mid range just as well. Where Gasol excels is he can create offense for himself. But if Ersan is a 15 and 8 guy, I don't see how Gasol can be much better at this point in his career. You also have to believe Gasol will come here and want to prove he is still the best there is. Unfortunately, I believe Gasol and Ers have the same mind state. I don't think Gasol has anything left to prove and could not see him going out of his way to prove it on the Bucks...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#50 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:its horsesht that somehow theres enough separation between these 2 that one deserves an allstar berth while the other one supposedly sucks. :roll:

I don't think it is. Brandon isn't scoring well but Monta is scoring at the efficiency of a rookie version Brandon. The difference is pretty obvious.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#51 » by SkilesTheLimit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Nice game by everyone.

Tease continues.....

We were 6-2. Then 16-12. Now 22-18.

Can we start breaking away and separating like the teams on the rise do? We've got three winnable games in a row to run to 25-18. I'm waiting to emotionally commit.

I think these next two will be very telling. We have not played well on back-to-backs and have two challenging but winnable games here. If we can get the game at CLE (who beat BOS tonight), this GSW game will be big. They are a good team that matches up well vs. Bucks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this team responds. It seems like when they get 4 games over .500, they end up taking a few steps backwards.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#52 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 am

I honestly don't know what I would do if they the Lakers were willing to make a trade involving Ersan and Gasol. That's a tough call.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#53 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 am

cellomac1212 wrote:Gasol can't shoot like Ersan so you lose 3 point shooting from the 4. I think he hits the mid range just as well. Where Gasol excels is he can create offense for himself. But if Ersan is a 15 and 8 guy, I don't see how Gasol can be much better at this point in his career. You also have to believe Gasol will come here and want to prove he is still the best there is. Unfortunately, I believe Gasol and Ers have the same mind state. I don't think Gasol has anything left to prove and could not see him going out of his way to prove it on the Bucks...

Gasol can't shoot the three but he gives a post player we don't have, he's a much better player then even Henson on the block and he would give us a willing and capable passer as a big that we don't have. If Ersan plays like a 15/8 guy we can start talking, but he hasn't been that guy. Gasol is being extremely misused and having his worst year by far and is still outrebounding Ersan and scoring at a similar clip. I think Gasol has a lot to prove, maybe he doesn't do it but if he didn't care at this point he'd sit on the bench with LA and be content, he isn't doing that though and that makes me believe he still wants it. You could say the same thing with Ersan, he pouted when being moved to the bench. What happens when Henson becomes your starter in a couple years? He's not going to have a whole lot of trade value if he doesn't play more consistently and you don't keep him for $8 million to play 15 minutes a game. I just take Gasol, part ways with him in 2 years and give the job to Henson.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#54 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 am

Gasol does a lot of things horribly awful these days. If you watch enough Laker games you will understand. If we had Gasol this board wouldn't be able to stand him.

If Ersan keeps up this play then I forgo looking to trade him for Millsap. I like the floor spacing Ersan can provide. However, I still think he will get destroyed when he plays the Carlos Boozer types, whereas Millsap would be able to handle those types better, and Millsap has a little range as well.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#55 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 am

Will Doug Collins have a job tomorrow?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#56 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:09 am

BucksFanSD wrote:Gasol does a lot of things horribly wrong these days. If you watch enough Laker games you will understand. If we had Gasol this board wouldn't be able to stand him.

But if we had Gasol he isn't shooting five 16+ foot jumpshots and a three a game. He'd be down low where he belongs.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#57 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:09 am

Actually in a down year Gasol is 12 and 8. Ersan's best year, last year was 13 and 8.

This isn't necessarily who is the better player, its about what happens with Henson and Ersan two years from now. How are you going to free up time for Henson?

Gasol keeps you competitive and allows you to give Henson the starting spot in two years.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#58 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:09 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:its horsesht that somehow theres enough separation between these 2 that one deserves an allstar berth while the other one supposedly sucks. :roll:

I don't think it is. Brandon isn't scoring well but Monta is scoring at the efficiency of a rookie version Brandon. The difference is pretty obvious.

i didnt say there wasnt a difference. my point is that making an extra shot out of every 25 attempts doesnt make a "crappy player" an allstar all else equal.

draw whatever conclusion from that you want. personally i dont think brandons an allstar.... and i dont think ellis is garbage. i think its been more closer than some of the guys on jennings nuts want to admit.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#59 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:11 am

Ersan is a new player with Skiles gone. The only way I move him for Gasol now is if they eat Gooden.

Esan/Dalembert/Gooden out
Gasol/Sacre/Jamison in
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#60 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I honestly don't know what I would do if they the Lakers were willing to make a trade involving Ersan and Gasol. That's a tough call.

for a second it was a tough call for me as well... especially after tonight. but now it isnt. i just got done looking at ersans 38 games before the last 2 again. i put special interest in the 5 games directly preceding them as well.

deal him now while his value may be high again for a second. if you can use the last 2 games to go get a pau gasol you jump like a mfer.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks