ImageImage

The Josh Smith eventually to the Bucks thread (maybe)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Gery: Bucks in on Josh Smith sweepstakes 

Post#81 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Let's pair Monta & Josh Smith together.

They are totally deadly.

Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#82 » by Godgers » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Good news is 99% of the time you here of a deal thats not been made the only reason your reading about it is because its dead.

I would take Josh Smith over Jennings anyday but its a pointless trade.

Also the 76ers were said to been offering Turner and Hawes for Smith.

Three way trade would be nice. Something like Turner to the Bucks, Jennings to the Hawks, and Smith to the 76ers. I would love to get Turner. That makes more sense than us getting Josh Smith to me atleast.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#83 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
yeah yeah yeah our offensive effiency is improved over what we have now so whatever with the hyberbole....its also the most intimidating frontline in nba history defensively. so deal with that too.

Umm, no way it's better. Josh Smith is a poor offensive player, surely worse than Ilyasova. You still have Monta, who is the least efficient volume scorer in the NBA, arguably. Sanders is unskilled offensively. Moute is unskilled offensively. That's a horrible offensive lineup.

And yes, it's good defensively, but best in NBA history = LOL. That team doesn't win more than 43/44 games. That's before we even get into the financial stupidity of giving Smith the max and extending Monta, when both are going to age poorly given that they came in young, rely a ton on athleticism, and have no jumpshots.

offensively teague is a better upgrade over jennings..... than ersan is over smith. cumulatively its an upgrade any way you want to look at it...... efficiency/ usg/ ppg/ whatever

and as far shotblocking goes... find a frontline in the history of the nba with a better block rate. you wont find it. smith is currently ranked 15th in the history of the nba and sanders block rate of 9% would be best alltime if he had enough games to qualify on the list at basketball reference. pair those 2 with mam and the gaping defensive hole ersan creates in our frontline disappears. we might not be best alltime defensively but wed certainly be the best shotblocking team of the modern era if both those guys were locked up longterm.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#84 » by Godgers » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Imagine if the Bucks could get Turner from the 76ers and Teague from the Hawks. Now that would blow me away.

If the Bucks some how can have a line up of.

Teague
Ellis
Turner
Illyasova
Sanders
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#85 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:14 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Let's pair Monta & Josh Smith together.

They are totally deadly.

:lol:

This is awesome.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#86 » by DWagner85 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:16 pm

One thing people need to take into account regarding Josh Smith.

Many people are saying that the Celtics offer of Jeff Green and Brandon Bass is the best offer the Hawks have gotten so far. If that is the case, the Bucks could offer up Daly, Ersan, and a first rounder for Smith with ease.

Jennings, Ellis, Moute, Smith, and Sanders would be a threat in the East without a doubt.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#87 » by Sigra » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 pm

wichmae wrote:Smith will never extend here. Remember the FTD year. He "hates" Milwaukee...

Wake up people. They ALL hate Milwaukee. If that is your reason then relocate team ASAP. The only reason anybody play for Bucks is paycheck. Nothing else.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#88 » by Fed » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:26 pm

If he won't resign in Atlanta for less then the max, why the hell would he sign in Milwaukee for le-..oh. This all makes senses now. I have a feeling Hammond might pull a Colangelo to get a treadmill team, and Smith is our Rudy Gay.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#89 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

DWagner85 wrote:
Jennings, Ellis, Moute, Smith, and Sanders would be a threat in the East without a doubt.

A threat to do what? The only people who would be worried are the people who make backboards and the people who sit in the first row behind the basket.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#90 » by Fed » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:28 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
DWagner85 wrote:

A threat to do what? The only people who would be worried are the people who make backboards and the people who sit in the first row behind the basket.

Threat to lose in the second round in five games.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#91 » by unklchuk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm

If I thought the Kohl/Hammond administrative creature was smart, I wouldn't worry about what is being discussed as what we'd send out to get Smith. I'd assume there was enough of an understanding with Smith's camp that it made enough sense.

Smith coming to Milwaukee after a few comments? Ironic, sure, at a lower level. But pro sports lives with tons of irony.

Smith & Ellis. What could they brew? Theoretically possible it would be a hit. And if it fails, which seems more likely, it'll be time for big changes. Hard to maintain the facade of Win Now if that happens.

If they want Smith and are halfway smart about it, I'll be OK. (But then much of this year's team bores me, so maybe I'm just inclined toward a shakeup.)
AFAIK, IDKM
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#92 » by DWagner85 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 pm

unklchuk wrote:Smith & Ellis. What could they brew? Theoretically possible it would be a hit. And if it fails, which seems more likely, it'll be time for big changes. Hard to maintain the facade of Win Now if that happens.

If they want Smith and are halfway smart about it, I'll be OK. (But then much of this year's team bores me, so maybe I'm just inclined toward a shakeup.)

This is ultimately what it brews down too, I think this is Kohls last harrah to make something work in Milwaukee without a complete rebuild, because if we add Smith and things blow up in our face, a rebuild will become a must. So we either win now, or are forced to rebuild. WIN WIN for every Bucks fan.

I do not know about all of you, but for me, if the Bucks could become a constant Second Round playoff team for 4-5 years, with a fighters chance to make the Eastern Conference Finals, I would be happy.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#93 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 pm

DWagner85 wrote:
unklchuk wrote: Theoretically possible it would be a hit. And if it fails, which seems more likely, it'll be time for big changes. Hard to maintain the facade of Win Now if that happens.

This is ultimately what it brews down too, I think this is Kohls last harrah to make something work in Milwaukee without a complete rebuild, because if we add Smith and things blow up in our face, a rebuild will become a must. So we either win now, or are forced to rebuild. WIN WIN for every Bucks fan.

I do not know about all of you, but for me, if the Bucks could become a constant Second Round playoff team for 4-5 years, with a fighters chance to make the Eastern Conference Finals, I would be happy.

What are people scared of, everyone's asking for a blow-up anyway.

Nice post :D
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#94 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:01 pm

If you bring in Smith, you need to do at least 1 more move. If you can somehow make a lineup of Ellis/Redick/Smith/Ilyasova/Sanders, you could probably make some noise in the second rd.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,575

Post#95 » by Frank Nova » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes give me Josh Smith. I said this weeks ago. Only thing I have a problem with is losing Ersan in the deal. Josh Smith would need to play with Ersan and Larry in the frontcourt here to round out the starting unit. If adding Josh means losing Ersan then it's a parallel move and makes no sense from a basketball perspective.

BUT... Adding Josh as a rental gives this franchise a real chance at a proper rebuild and I can get on board with that all day. Scrap Josh and Monta in the same offseason along with the rest of our expirings and we are all but forced to revamp with a current roster. We would clearly miss out on McLemore and Shabazz this year but could easily end up with 1st pick in the 2014 draft and another high lotto pick in 2015 and actually follow the OKC model like Hammond always referenced.

A late teen pick in 13 and 2 top 3 picks on 14 and 15 along with Henson and Sanders and the Milwaukee Bucks are finally relevant and true title contenders by 2016-2017 and in perfect time for teams like Miami and okc to be dismantled and rebuilt. That seems far away but it's really not. 3 seasons is nothing in the NBA. Heck it seems like last week Jennings went for 55 vs GSW and we all thought a star was born and that was 4yrs ago already.

Hammond signed a 3yr extension and has 3yrs to right the ship. It starts by trading for Josh right now and shooting for best odds at 1st pick in 2014 draft.

If the plan was done properly we could have our own Kyrie Irving type #1 pick talent and enough cap space to sign 2 max deals, all while adding to Larry and Henson.

Cleveland is a small market crappy city but it looks way more appealing to NBA players to go play there when Lebron was winning the east there and now Kyrie is making all star teams. This league is clearly all about star power and we currently have nothing even close to that. Drafting a bonafide superstar is the only hope and this is how u do it.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#96 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:13 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:If you bring in Smith, you need to do at least 1 more move. If you can somehow make a lineup of Ellis/Redick/Smith/Ilyasova/Sanders, you could probably make some noise in the second rd.

To add Smith and Redick without losing Ellis and Ilyasova would completely destroy this crop of young talent we have. I'd much rather go a different road, there will be better packages out there for our assets.

We should probably just be targeting young backcourt players, like rondo, teague, bledsoe...
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#97 » by gbmb34 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:20 pm

I don't mind Smith, but I'm not trading Ersan to get him, so I doubt the Bucks have the horses unless ATL is in love with Udoh.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#98 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 pm

H2tObes wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:If you bring in Smith, you need to do at least 1 more move. If you can somehow make a lineup of Ellis/Redick/Smith/Ilyasova/Sanders, you could probably make some noise in the second rd.

To add Smith and Redick without losing Ellis and Ilyasova would completely destroy this crop of young talent we have. I'd much rather go a different road, there will be better packages out there for our assets.

It might be easier than you think...Daly/1st for Redick, Jennings/Moute for Smith
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#99 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Hawks fans want Sanders

dont think this trade is going anywhere
FREE GIANNIS
packfan414
Senior
And1: 171

Post#100 » by packfan414 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Could trading for jsmoove be a secretly brilliant move by hammond?

If you assume hammond wants to tank and kohl wont allow a trade of bj/monta for young players/picks, trading for jsmoove could be a surefire way to guarantee a tank next year.

So assume we trade ersan/bj for jsmoove. In the offseason smith walks/monta opts out and obviously brandon and ersan are gone. We would easily be a contender for worst team/andrew wiggins.

Also by getting rid of bj3 it ensures kohl wont be able to force hammond to match.

So ideally if hammond gets the ok to tank were trading the swag morons for picks/young players. But of kohl wont allow the tank, this could be a hammond subtle manuever to force a 2014 tank.

With that said, im probably giving hammond wya too much credit. But its a conspiracy theory

Return to Milwaukee Bucks