ImageImage

Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline 

Post#21 » by unklchuk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'll start it out. I'll say we only make one trade and it will be a meaningless one that will look like activity but won't have much impact.

Beno ($7.3mm expiring) plus Dalembert ($6.8mm expiring) plus Pryz ($850k) to Atlanta for ZaZa ($5.2mm expiring) and Devin Harris ($8.5mm expiring) and Morrow ($4mm expiring)

The move has no effect on our long-term payroll nor the Hawks. We get an extra shooter in Morrow and Bird rights to a local guy in Devin as insurance if both Monta and Brandon bolt this summer.

Wow. That does sound like a low-consequence trade that will go over well in the local media and the casual public. And I might be in one of those sectors 'cuz I'd watch with a little more interest. (Not with high hopes, mind you.)

I was going to venture a 40% chance that the front office finally had a bug up their butt, was willing to make some final decisions, and would be active (with the Swag Twins, Ersan, this year's 1st, and one of the promising young-uns on the table with the usual suspects). But that 40% may be 20% hopeful thinking on my part. Combined, of course, with fear that they would make the WRONG trades. Send out good - get back not-so-good. Driven by the kind of irrelevancies that Chancellor Kohl pays attention to.

The 60% was going to be a smallish we're-not-dead-in-the-water face-saving trade. So instead I'll offer a second on yours.
AFAIK, IDKM
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#22 » by InsideOut » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Hammond will do nothing or at best keep on moving the deck chairs around.
ttime1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by ttime1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:
Wilford Brimley wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:I think we will make a trade for an impact player, possibly Josh Smith and/or Danny Grainger. He will be a well known player, not a star, scrub or up and comer.

What I hope NOT to see is trading for any scrub on the Orlando Magic....so anyone on thier roster in general.

Even JJ Redick?

Especially him. I dont understand why so many people on this board have such a high love for him, but he solves no need for us but replacing Dunlevey if we re-sign him. Not worth Jennings, not worth anyone other than Gooden or Pryz.

I agree. The last thing the Bucks need is another limited player. They have a roster full on them Redick is ok for a contender like Miami where he can come off the bench and get 10-15 minutes IF he is on and he is no way equal compensation for Jennings or Ellis; who by the way, some fans want to hurry up and get rid of even though they have contributed more during their pro careers than Bogut ever has or ever will. Yet these same fans anoint Bogut and others as the next coming of Jesus. No wonder real players don't want to come to Milwaukee and deal with backward attitudes and policies.

The Bucks need impact players to add to their assets; not deplete them. They need play-maker(s) who can take some of the shots that Jennings and Ellis currently take because the team lacks the additional play-maker that is needed. Granger and Smith offers that; but if they are acquired is another question. I too think an attempt will be made to bring Harris & Smith for expiring contracts.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#24 » by Mags FTW » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:59 pm

They're going to do absolutely nothing. Kohl does not want risk losing his precious 8th seed.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#25 » by The Wet Whistle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:01 am

stellation wrote:Wait for the phone to ring.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm guessing we make a move that somewhat compromises our future in order to get a borderline allstar player that will have some name recognition among casual fans. This player won't get us over the hump and make us contenders, in fact we will remain mediocre while having given up assets like picks, Harris, Henson, or Sanders, or some combination.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#26 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:06 am

Where is BuckPack? Why can't we get a substantial source clueing us in on anything going on?

I'd love to take a stab but I have no idea. Being involved in all the rumors is different than usual. I like to stay optimistic and think we will do the right thing but I've grown pessimistic over the years.

Please cue the BuckPack bat signal. I'm dying over here.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#27 » by aboveAverage » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:10 am

I predict we do absolutely nothing. Hammond will receive some trash offers for Ersan and Jennings, which he'll decline, and they'll keep Dalembert plus Udrih for depth for the playoff push.

Jennings will be dealt in the offseason in a sign and trade, when he builds his value back up a bit. Monta will be resigned to 5 years, 55 million in the offseason, to be our starting PG. Paschke will talk wonders of Ellis after he switches to his "natural" position next year.
jwill535
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#28 » by jwill535 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:12 am

Hammond will do nothing and come out and say that there just wasnt all that much activity and other teams just werent serious about making a deal. Oddly enough, literally every other team in the league will end up making some sort of deal.

I agree with others that say that its either going to be a quick dump of an expiring for a late 1st or 2nd and some sort of trash and one of the twin "towers" will be traded for yet another PF.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#29 » by LittleRooster » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 am

weezybaby856 wrote:Where is BuckPack? Why can't we get a substantial source clueing us in on anything going on?

I'd love to take a stab but I have no idea. Being involved in all the rumors is different than usual. I like to stay optimistic and think we will do the right thing but I've grown pessimistic over the years.

Please cue the BuckPack bat signal. I'm dying over here.
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#30 » by sneakerdust » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:20 am

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#31 » by blazza18 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 am

Still gotta feeling we do nothing. If trades are made the back court wont be touched and it will just be little minor changes.

Can't mess up a playoff team imho.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
raws
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#32 » by raws » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 am

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#33 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 am

After last Monday I thought a trade was happening for sure, but then we won on Wednesday, got decent injury news on Larry, thus I honestly could see no trade. But since we've been in so many rumors saying we're active I'll go with.

Dalembert/2013 2nd Rd Pick for Redick
Jennings/Udoh/Gooden for Collison/Kaman/Dallas 2013 1st Rd Pick (top 10 protected) or 2014 1st Rd Pick (unprotected)

Collison/Udrih
Ellis/Redick
Moute/Dunleavy
Ersan/Henson-Moute
Sanders/Kaman
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#34 » by unklchuk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 am

I'm guessing we make a move that somewhat compromises our future in order to get a borderline allstar player that will have some name recognition among casual fans. This player won't get us over the hump and make us contenders, in fact we will remain mediocre while having given up assets like picks, Harris, Henson, or Sanders, or some combination.

For a franchise on life support, I don't view contending as a reasonable objective, not in the short-term. So I have a higher EQ than you do. Expediency quotient. If the incoming player ain't ancient, if he gets us to #6 in the playoffs, and if the trade situation in general addresses the Swag Twins problem, balances the roster some, moderates our bi-polar team personality by adding leadership, then I can see us leaving the Emergency Room. And using cap space and youth development to get stronger and healthier team-wise.

I don't mind giving up a promising young player if that's what it takes to get a borderline allstar who's young enough to contribute for a few years. You mention Harris, Henson, and Sanders. I'm least hopeful about Harris, but doubt he has much trade value. I like Henson, but wonder if his weakness will always restrict him and wonder if the ceiling on his defense is lower than thought. But I can see a team being intrigued. (Maybe ours, still.) Sanders is like a lottery ticket where you know 5 of the 6 numbers are right and only time will confirm or deny the last one. He's special, but is it sustainable? If our front office was savvy about human nature, I'd want them to make a call. They aren't; I don't. But a borderline allstar can't be acquired without assets going out. I just hope we're uncharacteristically smart.

But NBA trades are hard to make. And when a team (ours) doesn't know what it's doing or where it's heading, they're either even harder or they're likely fighting each other for direction.
AFAIK, IDKM
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#35 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 am

Good thread pp. I'll go on record. I think the trade the bucks end up making is Brandon Jennings/Drew Gooden/Ekpe Udoh for Terrence Ross/Andrea Bargnani and either a 2013 1st round pick swap (if hambone is really on his game) or more likely, Toronto's 2013 2nd rounder. Hammer is on record as looking for "athletic players who can dunk" and Ross just won the dunk contest. Plus we have a player in Jennings that Toronto has been trying to pair with Derozan forever seemingly who we finally have on the trade block for the first time. Easy sell to Kohl, he traded Ray in a lopsided trade to Seattle I'm assuming in a large part due to Desmond Mason being added to that deal who had exactly one accomplishment it the Nba at that point (dunk contest winner). And for the record, I would not be very happy with that trade, it's the trade I think will happen not one I want to happen. I suppose there are worse trades out there but that's pretty terrible, especially if we don't get the pick swap. If that happens u have to think a smaller trade for a vet SG may follow...
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#36 » by galena » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 am

Jennings and Udoh for Smith and Teague, with filler if needed. I'd love that trade.
"I guess..."
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#37 » by LUKE23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 am

Ellis/Dalembert/2013 1st (top 10 protected) for Smith/Korver. Smith walks after the season.

Jennings is kept and we match an overpay contract in July.

The only thing I do know is that we will blow this deadline.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#38 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 am

It's going to be Jennings+Ersan for Millsap+Burks or that's wishful thinking
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#39 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 am

sneakerdust wrote:Image

Is this the BuckPack signal? I like it.

The Bucks forum is now RealGothaM City and BuckPack is the Green Knight.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
yoyomayoma
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#40 » by yoyomayoma » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 am

I have a bad feeling we'll trade for something that won't help us beyond this year. I'm guessing something like our first for Redick or BJ and Ersan for Joshy.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks