ImageImage

Official Tobias Harris watch thread (The End)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Re: Official Tobias Harris watch thread (Open till Hammond gone) 

Post#5801 » by Sherman Douglas » Sat Jul 4, 2015 7:50 am

I'm not getting it, why is this an overpay? Have people not been watching the last few days? A 23 year old averaging 17/6, of course he's gonna get a huge deal.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,630

Post#5802 » by blazza18 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:16 am

Tobes was always going to get paid after what Parsons and Hayward got last summer.

No idea how anyone would believe he'd get less than $4million a year.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#5803 » by MrPerfect1 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:32 am

I think most knew he was going to be paid. However, someone like Patrick Beverley is a better player than Harris. Money could have been spent more efficiently. Heck, if you want to compare to other SF's, Dunleavy is likely a better player at a far superior contract value (although yes a young team won't want to sign Dunleavy)

For $16 Mil, ORL is basically getting something like the #20-#25 (approximately) Best SF in the League who seems to have stopped improving.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,795

Post#5804 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:57 am

MrPerfect1 wrote:#20-#25 (approximately) Best SF in the League

I'd love to see this list.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#5805 » by MrPerfect1 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:24 am

In No particular order:

Lebron
Gay (although I am not much of a Gay fan either)
Hayward
Leonard
Joe Johnson
Jeff Green (debatable, but probably better due to far superior Defense)
Thaddeus Young (also debatable/flip a coin, like Harris is a stats on bad teams type)
Ariza
Giannis
Covington?? (almost impossible to properly assess current 76ers)
Demarre Carrol
Deng (although I find Deng somewhat overrated)
Gallinari (although some injury concerns)
Draymond Green
Paul Pierce (was more efficient than Harris last year and mins played were not very diff when adding in playoffs)
Mike Dunleavy
Barnes? (kind of a tossup since I am not a huge fan but was as efficient as Tobias last year and superior defensively)
Batum (debatable but better all around. For some reason had a below average year last year)
Iguodala
Paul George
MKG (almost the anti Tobias but has massive impact defensively. Doubt CHA fans would trade MKG for Harris)

Off the Top of my head that is 21. That is also not counting Wiggins or Parker who will very soon both be better. A few on the list like Batum, Barnes, Covington, and Young are debatable but I am likely forgetting some other players too that should be on the list).

Even if someone is super generous and put him above all the debatables, that places him around #15 currently without even counting Wiggins and Jabari
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#5806 » by Beorn » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:28 am

^that's some terrible ability evaluation, combined with 2 or 3 players wrongly called SFs...
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,681

Post#5807 » by TroyD92 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:34 am

Can I have some of what you're snorting?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#5808 » by paul » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:50 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
paul wrote:Tobes doesn't want to play for the guy who put him behind Marquis Daniels in a rotation and on the odd occasion he did let him onto the floor told him to stand in the corner and not move?

Color me stun.

I just presumed the Magic didn't want to keep him when they hired Skiles. If they wanted to keep him and still hired Scotty, they're morons.

“First off, me and Scott have a great relationship,” Harris said. “What people don’t understand is that when he first coached me, I was 18 years old. And from 18 to being about to turn 23 now, I’m a completely different player. Even in Milwaukee, where I didn’t play as much, we still had a great dialogue. He just wanted me to work harder. He just said, ‘Your time is coming.’ So he was always encouraging for me.

“Today, we communicated. He wants me to be a leader. He wants me to lead. He’s a fantastic coach. I think he’s the perfect coach for our team. Actually, I know he’s the perfect coach for our team. And he’s a coach I want to play for. He’s a fiery guy. He gets after you. He has that passion to win, that fire to win. Me and him, we have no problems. That passion, that’s the passion that I play with, so that’s what I love in a coach.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-tobias-harris-deal-0704-20150703-story.html

Lol, and you expected him to say.... ?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,062

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#5809 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:14 pm

emunney wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
emunney wrote:Sweeeeeeeet.

I think I may give you something in iambic pentameter. Non-ironically, of course.

As the terms dictate, I will defer to PP to adjudicate any potential breaches of the irony exclusion clause.

This has to be written straight up.

That said, unless Sid would like to get this over with, the essay is not due for another 20 months the way I read the terms above. Still a chance Tobes pulls a Dave Meyers or Larry Sanders here.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#5810 » by wichmae » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:29 pm

Sherman Douglas wrote:I'm not getting it, why is this an overpay? Have people not been watching the last few days? A 23 year old averaging 17/6, of course he's gonna get a huge deal.

My issue isnt the overpay. The salary is probably right. My issue is the team that did it. Tobias just isnt as good as his box score stats indicate. Orlando isnt making the playoffs anytime soon and would have been better served cashing in on the hype train with a S&T. Tobias just has a ton of flaws and this screams treadmill move.. Just my opinion.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#5811 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:50 pm

It's weird that Orlando isn't better considering they have two or three guys that could (arguably) start for the Bucks. Payton/Oladipo/Vučević.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#5812 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:56 pm

Not a big Tobias Harris fan. Although the trade was a major fail, I really don't miss him nor desire him back. If you do the what if's we probably wouldn't have one of Parker or Giannis if that stupid trade didn't occur, so it may have been a good thing in the end.

Glad he got his payday. Probably a bit of an overpay but Harris is a top 10 SF. I would much prefer to have Giannis even though Harris is outproducing him currently. Makes you wonder if you're the Magic do you do this? Does that team have enough talent to try and go for wins? Seems that they have enough talent to get somewhere, but ultimately nowhere in the end. Might need a teardown or do they feel they are a player away or something? They do have a really good C.
Giannis
is
UponUs
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#5813 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:58 pm

With Tobes now a richer man than 99.9999 percent of those on earth......

With Sidney fulfilling the bet........

With friend of SOB, Bill Simmons now off plotting his next move.......

With the Bucks organization now elevated by virtue of luring Greg Monroe here over the Lakers and Knicks......

We now bequeath the spirit of the Tobias thread to our fellow NBA travelers, the fans of the Sacramento Kings, who hereby wear the crown of worst run team in the NBA.

Go Kings!

The end.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Re: Official Tobias Harris watch thread (The End) 

Post#5814 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:00 pm

Bumping this one for posterity and others to read tomorrow night after Thon discussion dies down.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks