Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Simmons & Lowe weigh in. Redick a "a very, very good pla 

Post#181 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paul wrote:
There there rolly, we'll have a middle aged nobody for you to flip flop on again before you know it.

like bogut?

Oooooooooh it's a deep burn!
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#182 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 am

paul wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paul wrote:
There there rolly, we'll have a middle aged nobody for you to flip flop on again before you know it.

like bogut?

Oooooooooh it's a deep burn!

Well you are a Bogut Lover.
Nothing will not break me.
paul
RealGM

Post#183 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
europa wrote:
Max Green wrote:Guys supported and defended Hammond until he traded their favorite player(s).

I was critical of Hammond long before he traded Bogut, who was my favorite player on the team at the time. I don't want to speak for Paul but I know he was too. So your statement doesn't really mesh with the facts with some of us at least.

I also have never once supported Hammond ever. If anything, I've been a hater. I've barely even given him credit for what he has done right.

ETA: I pretty much gave up on him when we were stupid enough to resign Salmons. That was utterly moronic.

What's got two thumbs and was stupid enough to support that Salmons contract?

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#184 » by El Duderino » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Be pissed that the $WAG twins are still on the team. That's what I read when I see people bitching about the current state of the team.

We absolutely screwed ourselves today by not monetizing the value of Jennings and particularly Monta. Monta's value is now zero.

I've seen others say this and while i wanted Monta gone as much as anyone else, how much value did he really have around the league?

The other teams in the NBA are watching him play between coaches and scouts. They can see what an absolute brick machine he's been all year. Can see all of the moronic decisions he makes. Can see he's a liability on defense.

They also know that Ellis has an 11 million dollar player option for next year that at least it's slightly possible he'll choose to take vs opting out given his dismal play.

Hell, Atlanta couldn't get any decent offers for Josh Smith and he's a vastly superior player than Ellis is. So what is there to base on that Monta had value at the deadline?
paul
RealGM

Post#185 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 am

europa wrote:
Max Green wrote:Guys supported and defended Hammond until he traded their favorite player(s).

I was critical of Hammond long before he traded Bogut, who was my favorite player on the team at the time. I don't want to speak for Paul but I know he was too. So your statement doesn't really mesh with the facts with some of us at least.

Yeah, Max has played that card before, it didn't work last time either.

Go fish.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#186 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 am

paul wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paul wrote:So just as a warning, there's going to be some condescending posting coming from me for a while.

consider us warned and not surprised in the least :roll:

:-) count me as one who likes new always-condescending Paul even better than Paul version 1.0...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#187 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am

El Dude hit it right on the head. Our good assets didn't have any value. The **** kinda value do people think Ellis had?
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#188 » by sneakerdust » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am

humanrefutation wrote:
sneakerdust wrote:
And Scalabrine drives to the basket and is rejected, goes down like a sack of potatoes, Pitino on the sideline laughing his ass off olive oil flying off his head onto the floor and oooh down goes Jennings like a bucket full of Roscoe's the ball goes flying toward the sidelines and Ayon dives across the border into the expensive seats where our honored guests from the INS are tonight.

Equal opportunity racism is still racism, FYI.

Explain how any of the above has to do with skin pigmentation and the illogical argument that that skin pigmentation affects behavior or intelligence in anyway and originates only from what latitude ones ancestors lived at for a number of generations.

It doesnt. its poking fun at our idiosyncrasies that form as a common group (as well as individuals). Sometimes it is done with a mean spirit to hurt, that is true, but its no more racist than me making fun of my wife and her family for having the "fart" gene when they stink it up.

Damn trade deadline f***** me up. :D
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,680

Post#189 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am

paul wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I also have never once supported Hammond ever. If anything, I've been a hater. I've barely even given him credit for what he has done right.

ETA: I pretty much gave up on him when we were stupid enough to resign Salmons. That was utterly moronic.

What's got two thumbs and we stupid enough to support that contract?

:lol:

That was when I stopped posting so much. I was all sorts of infuriated that day. I was completely beside myself. Not surprised, but still ridiculously pissed off.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,059

Post#190 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am

You know, I'm reading these arguments and I can't believe we're really arguing about the following:

1. Tobias has shown potential, is only 20 years old. Could he turn into a bust? Absolutely. But he's also shown some offensive ability, especially in the block, and is only in his second year.

2. JJ Redick is not going to win us a title.

3. We could have signed JJ Redick in the offseason. This trade gives us no real advantage in that department.

4. We still are stuck with Monta Ellis and did not sell on our other expendable asset, the expiring contract of Sam Dalembert.

Is there anything on that list that is debatable?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Post#191 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 am

LUKE23 wrote:Umm, Alexander had shown NOTHING at the time we traded him. It's a LOT different.

thats just your perspective and a bit of semantics. both guys were in the doghouse for whatever was happening off the court and in practice. if anything the difference is between slamons and redick at the time of the trade. salmons was stinking it up and redicks been balling.

if redick makes a difference i dont have a sliver of a doubt we'll have every oppurtunity in the offseason that we had with salmons as far as a contract goes. it would be hard for redick to trump what salmons gave us but theres no question theres more expectation from him as he arrives.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,889

Post#192 » by ampd » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 am

At least this likely ends the Marquis Daniels show.

And this time we might you know, actually get the 8th seed instead trying and failing
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,077

Post#193 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 am

El Duderino wrote:I've seen others say this and while i wanted Monta gone as much as anyone else, how much value did he really have around the league?

Below was Monta's value back on March 16, 2012. Not my fault Hammond let the value rot away for another year. As I said the other day, Hammond bought a $150 Best Buy Gift Certificate Card for $100 cash. But then he spent all year staring at the HDTV's, couldn't make up his mind which one to purchase and in the process the gift card expired.

Nets Offered Lopez To Bucks For Ellis
Mar 16, 2012 3:41 PM EDT

Following Milwaukee's acquisition of Monta Ellis, the Nets offered a trade of Brook Lopez, according to Ric Bucher while on KNBR Radio.

The Bucks turned down that trade and decided to keep Ellis.

Ellis is known to be a player Dwight Howard wants to play with.

Via Ric Bucher/ESPN
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#194 » by raferfenix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 am

Redick is now the best guard on the roster, regardless of whether he starts or not.

Anyone disagree?

Either way, the jury will be out on this trade until the offseason at least.

If we resign Redick, and because of it, bail on Jennings or Monta or (gasp!) both of the swag twins because we want to commit to JJ, then this is a coup for us long-suffering fans.

And if Tobias Harris becomes Glenn Robinson, absolutely we could look back on it as a bad trade.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the Bucks misjudged a prospect. But then again, it also wouldn't be the first time that -- for want of anything else to hope for -- we overrated a young player with potential on this board.
paul
RealGM

Post#195 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
paul wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I also have never once supported Hammond ever. If anything, I've been a hater. I've barely even given him credit for what he has done right.

What's got two thumbs and we stupid enough to support that contract?

:lol:

That was when I stopped posting so much. I was all sorts of infuriated that day. I was completely beside myself. Not surprised, but still ridiculously pissed off.

I was basking in the post-coitus afterglow of giving that magnificent goateed bastard $40 million. Yes, me stoopid.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#196 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 am

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Question for ya'll:

What constitutes an overpay for Redick? Just looking for numbers and years.

Anything over 4/28.

I like 2/18 and 3/24 a lot more than 4/28, call me crazy...
MilTownBucks
Junior
And1: 49

Post#197 » by MilTownBucks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 am

So who do we let go to sign Dwight then?
paul
RealGM

Post#198 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Umm, Alexander had shown NOTHING at the time we traded him. It's a LOT different.

thats just your perspective and a bit of semantics. both guys were in the doghouse for whatever was happening off the court and in practice. if anything the difference is between slamons and redick at the time of the trade. salmons was stinking it up and redicks been balling.

if redick makes a difference i dont have a sliver of a doubt we'll have every oppurtunity in the offseason that we had with salmons as far as a contract goes. it would be hard for redick to trump what salmons gave us but theres no question theres more expectation from him as he arrives.

Pots was in the doghouse for being a turd out there.

Skiles was desperate to play him, after all banging cheerleaders was kind of Scooter's thing.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#199 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 am

I would argue he had shown a ton by the time we traded him (so to speak)
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#200 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 am

humanrefutation wrote:You know, I'm reading these arguments and I can't believe we're really arguing about the following:

1. Tobias has shown potential, is only 20 years old. Could he turn into a bust? Absolutely. But he's also shown some offensive ability, especially in the block, and is only in his second year.

2. JJ Redick is not going to win us a title.

3. We could have signed JJ Redick in the offseason. This trade gives us no real advantage in that department.

4. We still are stuck with Monta Ellis and did not sell on our other expendable asset, the expiring contract of Sam Dalembert.

Is there anything on that list that is debatable?

1. Possible
2. No one argued he would
3. Yes but it wouldn't have helped us this season and the owner want s to win agree or not.
4. What offers do you think we got? Dalembert might have got us a 2nd. For a team that's trying to win and make the playoffs is that worth it? You may not agree with their path but that's what their goal is. Without knowing what we could have got for Ellis it's hard to say.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks