ImageImage

Homer's open letter to Herb Kohl (Mitch Rant part II)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Blackbird211
Freshman
And1: 36

Re: Homer's open letter to Herb Kohl (Mitch Rant part II) 

Post#41 » by Blackbird211 » Fri May 3, 2013 3:37 am

Krause needs to get Homer or Thunder on with Paschke on the TWC32 Roundtable and let them go at it.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#42 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 3, 2013 3:50 am

Blackbird211 wrote:Krause needs to get Homer or Thunder on with Paschke on the TWC32 Roundtable and let them go at it.

Do it for Chuck
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#43 » by SpursNBucks » Fri May 3, 2013 3:55 am

Herb Kohl reminds me of Ebenezer Scrooge. Actually you could do a Bucks past- all the bad moves he has directed. A Bucks present- terrible state of the team and unhappy fans. Bucks Future- The team leaves Milwaukee. Maybe he will finally realize the wrongs of his ways.

Herb Scrooge by SpursNBucks
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,958

Post#44 » by RiotPunch » Fri May 3, 2013 7:47 am

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :love:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#45 » by jtrinaldi » Fri May 3, 2013 12:01 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
JBucks wrote:It really is the truth that EVERYONE in this organization needs to go and things need to start anew. Yes, that means everyone - from Kohl, Steinmiller, Dan Kohl (the heir apparent), McKinney and his scouting staff, Stu Robinson - the whole ossified power structure that is rotting to the core.

In fairness to Dan Kohl, he got out in 2006. Interestingly enough, that is right when Kohl vetoed the Boozer and Shawn Marion trades and the bottom really dropped out.

I am not aware of any of this, I assume that it was for Redd?
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#46 » by jokeboy86 » Fri May 3, 2013 12:10 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:Can't help but wonder if organization apologist, Jim Paschke, has caught wind of this rant and discussion.

If so, I would pay a pretty penny to see the steam coming out of his ears.

Either two things will happen cause of this either:

A. Alot of local media guys still wont comment for fear of the wrath of the Bucks organization

Or

B. The Kohl media apologists and defenders will come out the woodwork to defend him.

I dont think Sparky's stance has changed he just probably realizes he can only scream on the mountaintop for so long. I think he might also be limited bc the access wssp gets to Hammond and now Ted Davis.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#47 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2013 12:33 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
JBucks wrote:It really is the truth that EVERYONE in this organization needs to go and things need to start anew. Yes, that means everyone - from Kohl, Steinmiller, Dan Kohl (the heir apparent), McKinney and his scouting staff, Stu Robinson - the whole ossified power structure that is rotting to the core.

In fairness to Dan Kohl, he got out in 2006. Interestingly enough, that is right when Kohl vetoed the Boozer and Shawn Marion trades and the bottom really dropped out.

I am not aware of any of this, I assume that it was for Redd?

this will blow your mind but no.. not for redd. but for a guy we once had named jamal magliore.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#48 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 3, 2013 12:36 pm

Bobby's corpse IIRC.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#49 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2013 12:54 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Bobby's corpse IIRC.

bobby had just had his best year for us and was signed long term to big money. it was magliores expiring that was being dangled.... kohl didnt want to take on the longterm money to boozer. i dont remember the specifics of the marion deal, but i know the boozer one was for magliore.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#50 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2013 12:57 pm

simmons and gads for zach randolph is the biggest regret ive got. that could have been a complete franchise changer.... just that one trade that would have put him next to bogut for all these last couple years. we could have had him for nothing. and to think we said no but took a chance on guys like jackson and maggette instead... smh
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#51 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 3, 2013 1:02 pm

Known Kohl Veto deals we discussed extensively on here (as opposed to the likely millon more we didn't hear about)

June 2006 - Magloire and Mo Williams for Boozer and Utah's pick #14 in the 2006 draft.
June 2006 - Magloire for Troy Murphy

In both those cases, Kohl was worried about the $40 million or so owed each guy and whether he could afford that with Redd's new contract also on the cap. Boozer at the time was available because of character/injury concens.

June 2007 - Bobby Simmons and the #6 pick (Yi) for Shawn Marion (Marion only have one more year left on his contract at $17mm and Kohl worried he wouldn't be able to re-sign him here)

February 2008 - Zach Randolph for Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric and Bobby Simmons. (Kohl did extensive background searching in Portland to determine Zbo was too much a character risk)

January 2009 - Joe Alexander and Ramon Sessions for Mike Conley, Jr and Lakers 2010 pick (Was pick #28 that Memphis ultimately used on Grevais Vasquez
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#52 » by blazza18 » Fri May 3, 2013 1:10 pm

We don't make any of those trades yet we go out and trade for SJAX.

Gee whiz.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#53 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 3, 2013 1:20 pm

blazza18 wrote:We don't make any of those trades yet we go out and trade for SJAX.

Gee whiz.

The funny thing is the Hammonds fans arguing that we got Jax and Monta because of Kohl's interference. Like he'd be leading the charge to get a strip club shooter and a sexual harasser on his team. :-?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Post#54 » by emunney » Fri May 3, 2013 1:25 pm

I don't even think Kohl has to sell. He just needs to cede control to a competent manager. I'm telling you guys, we need to throw the house at Phil Jackson and let him hire a GM, coaches, everyone. It's our best chance -- and it would put a legitimate face on the franchise for the stadium battle.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#55 » by Nebula1 » Fri May 3, 2013 1:31 pm

I think Milwaukee just needs to figure out a building and the rest will fall into place. There are buyers of NBA teams but the investment has to make sense.
emunney
RealGM

Post#56 » by emunney » Fri May 3, 2013 1:33 pm

I agree, but I think we need to make some changes to make that building push. Zero momentum right now.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#57 » by Nebula1 » Fri May 3, 2013 1:43 pm

If Milwaukee voters and officials are too clueless to understand the value of this franchise, then they don't deserve to keep it. But I do think with the conversations starting to happen, there is some recognition to the value and I'm sure the NBA is very, very involved in the talks. Most likely the talks are primarily back room discussion.

That's why I can understand Kohl's current approach and won't be shocked at all if a pretty good roster is on the floor next season. They need to win some games, generate some interest and get public support.

However, the Sacto deal is a problematic variable making the Bucks a real target. Thankfully, in this case, being a Senator is powerful.

So win some games, get a new building, sell the team, strip it down and build it the right way under new ownership. Milwaukee just needs to wise up and spend some money.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#58 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 3, 2013 1:48 pm

The way profit sharing currently works owning an NBA team seems like a kick ass idea as far as I can tell. We just need 3000 of us to kick in 100K and we could buy the team and set things right. AFL teams are owned by what you guys would call the season ticket holders, let's do this sort of Aussie style!
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
emunney
RealGM

Post#59 » by emunney » Fri May 3, 2013 1:51 pm

He's not a Senator anymore, and Washington has Senators, too.

In order to get this thing funded, it's got to be politically feasible because it is not happening without some measure of public funding. To be politically feasible, it has to have much broader public support than it currently has. To get that support, the team has to look like an asset. The first step to looking like an asset is getting people's attention. Bringing in Phil Jackson with full control and an ownership stake would take care of the first two steps.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#60 » by Jollay » Fri May 3, 2013 1:57 pm

Wow, thanks for posting Press.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks