Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Re: Big season from Sanders on horizon? 

Post#61 » by LedZepp007 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 4:57 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:
Dobber-16 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Yes, you've stated it many times before, it's really the only thing you post. Sanders is nothing like Jennings. Jennings didn't play hard. What about Sanders leads anyone to believe he won't play hard? Just because he signed a new contract? Not every player is like that.

Now, do you have anything else to add? I made this statement before the season started, and wanted him gone then. Probably would have gotten a first round pick in this years draft if he was moved last fall.

Sanders still played hard when he was on the floor. You act like he wasn't injured for 90% of the season. Just cause a guy likes weed doesn't mean hes a lost cause.

He doesn't play hard every game. That's well documented. He takes games off.

We know what Larry is capable of. He will never be consistently awesome again. Mark me down for that. He's too dumb and too immature. And now we've given him $44 million.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#62 » by InsideOut » Sat Apr 5, 2014 6:04 pm

I always enjoy looking back and seeing what people had to say. The pattern seems to be those that are the most vocal also seem to be wrong the most.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#63 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 6:10 pm

InsideOut wrote:I always enjoy looking back and seeing what people had to say. The pattern seems to be those that are the most vocal also seem to be wrong the most.

The only difference being when Sanders comes back and owns people next year, I won't bump this thread. That's a promise.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by InsideOut » Sat Apr 5, 2014 6:28 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
InsideOut wrote:I always enjoy looking back and seeing what people had to say. The pattern seems to be those that are the most vocal also seem to be wrong the most.

The only difference being when Sanders comes back and owns people next year, I won't bump this thread. That's a promise.

Not sure how he does next year has anything to do with this thread. This thread was on how he would do this current season.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#65 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 6:34 pm

It has everything to do with it if people pounding their chests about Sanders sucking this year (which I find idiotic, obviously) have Sanders come back and dominate next year. Like I said though, I won't bump the thread when it happens. Things change over the span of 7 months when building a NBA team. Shocking I know.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,057

Post#66 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 6:39 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Neither of the two gave any effort defensively for the second half of the season. Again, I'm looking at team defensive statistics after the Skiles change and then looking at the reasons they fell off. Sanders wasn't playing any different. The backcourt went into the tank after the coaching change. Obviously, the acquisition of Redick didn't really help matters either, but I'm just saying. The defense in the backcourt will be better.

Sanders Def Rtg:
With Skiles: 95.0
With Boylan: 101.2
After trade difference: +6.2

Ellis Def Rtg:
With Skiles: 101.2
With Boylan: 103.5
After trade difference: +2.3

Jennings Def Rtg:
With Skiles: 102.3
With Boylan: 106.1
After trade difference: +3.8

Sanders went in the tank after Skiles left.

This is the post I've been looking for. Take away hard ass defensive coach and sprinkle in $44 million and you have the mess we have today with Sanders.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#67 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 6:53 pm

Don't know if it means anything, but Bucks were 336 points better with Sanders on floor vs. off, and he only played 584 minutes on the season. The only players close to him on +/- vs. minutes is/was Sessions/Adrien.

That said, they were unreal bad offensively with him on the floor as well. 98.8 points per 100.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,057

Post#68 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 7:13 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Don't know if it means anything, but Bucks were 336 points better with Sanders on floor vs. off, and he only played 584 minutes on the season. The only players close to him on +/- vs. minutes is/was Sessions/Adrien.

Sanders is a good defensive player.

Just noting that he may have gotten his level of contract courtesy of Skiles. He may not be an $11 million a year guy anymore. And actually, now that he's unreliable and a PR disaster, he isn't worth those dollars at all.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#69 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 7:16 pm

Well, that's obviously the debate. I do think you do need a good defensive coach to me a good defensive team. Because defense is about accountability/effort and scheme. I obviously doubt Drew is that guy, and assuming the sale goes through, I think the coaching hire should focus on defense.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by InsideOut » Sat Apr 5, 2014 7:56 pm

LUKE23 wrote:It has everything to do with it if people pounding their chests about Sanders sucking this year (which I find idiotic, obviously) have Sanders come back and dominate next year. Like I said though, I won't bump the thread when it happens. Things change over the span of 7 months when building a NBA team. Shocking I know.

What it has to do with is presentation. If someone says they see my point and agree that could happen but still feel that their prediction will be more accurate then I'll forget we ever had a disagreement. However, if a person tells me I'm wrong, that only an idiot would would trade him when his value can't go any lower and how crazy people are for even suggesting a trade, then yes, I will sock that disagreement into the back of my brain and revel in the fact that the person who told me I was nuts for thinking his value couldn't go any lower was wrong.

That presentation might be the reason there was a thread with lots of people on both sides yet all anyone seems to remember is you telling us how wrong we all were. I know I couldn't even name another person in that thread about trading Sanders. But you telling me how flat out wrong I was just stuck.

And if Sanders is great next season you'll have no reason to bump this thread. What he does next season is irrelevant to what he did this season. Like you said, things can change a lot in 7 months so ask me again in October and I'll again give you my thoughts and share my concerns. Just because 7 months ago in this thread I said I had concerns about Sanders and his contract and predicted Mayo would just quit doesn't mean I'll have that same opinion 7 months from now.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#71 » by Wise1 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 8:40 pm

Wise1 wrote:He will stagnate, get frustrated and fall back without a true impact point guard to help develop his offensive game. When you're getting your ass kicked every night, how motivated will he be to go for that extra block?

It just wasn't meant to be for Larry this season. Doomed from the start.
fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#72 » by fabio » Sat Apr 5, 2014 10:04 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks