ImageImage

Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Re: Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet) 

Post#621 » by LUKE23 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:54 am

The block, full court sprint, one handed throw down was my favorite play of the year.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,932

Post#622 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:02 am

LUKE23 wrote:The block, full court sprint, one handed throw down was my favorite play of the year.

His pre-season defense and energy was damn impressive. Watching him go off on Minnesota for at least 6-8 blocks was pretty shocking. It seemed as though he was capable of doing that any time he wanted to, once acclimated to the NBA and playing more minutes. He was only credited with 4 that night but he definitely had at least 2 more, if not 4.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#623 » by Newz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:03 am

LUKE23 wrote:I'm not saying he reaches it, but given his skillet, I think his ceiling is Pippen. They have a lot in common in terms of game.

I think the odds are very slim he becomes Pippen, but I agree that's probably his maximum upside. I love that he can handle and pass at his size. I don't really see him as the main scoring threat on a team, but I think he can be your primary offensive weapon in that he can run the offense, distribute and will probably get you 15-20 a night with good rebounding, 5-6 assists and great D.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#624 » by Swan Vox » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:30 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:<span>[url=<a class="smarterwiki-linkify" href="http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/4/21/5628748/giannis-antetokounmpo-vegas-summer-league-greece]Brewhoop:">http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/4/21/5628748/giannis-antetokounmpo-vegas-summer-league-greece]Brewhoop:</a> Giannis keeps growing, sets sights on summer improvement[/url]</span>

<span>[tweet]<a class="smarterwiki-linkify" href="https://twitter.com/StevevonHorn/status/458300539046854656[/tweet]">https://twitter.com/StevevonHorn/status/458300539046854656[/tweet]</a></span>

So Giannis is now taller than Larry & Henson?!

:o

No word on whether Giannis has been told to keep growing, but that apparently keeps happening too. As part of his exit interview, Giannis measured out at 6'9.5" barefoot — which happens to be taller than both John Henson (6'9") and Larry Sanders (6'9.25") measured at their respective predraft combines in 2012 and 2010. Tack on the customary inch or inch-and-a-half for shoes, and you'd guess that Giannis' official height at this point is approaching 6'11". YIKES.
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#625 » by Miasma » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Nothing we don't already know, but at least he's being talked about

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/23303 ... ll-Matters

Giannis came on a bit more slowly, but he soon became the only reason to watch Milwaukee Bucks games. At 6’9 210 with a 7’3 wingspan, his length and quickness jump off the screen. Like MCW, a 6’6 PG with a 6’7 wingspan, Giannis came into the NBA a one of the longest and most athletic players at his position. That’s why they were both successful as rookies and they have such promising futures - they are really long and really fast. It’s not more complicated than that.
Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Post#626 » by Down To Buck » Thu May 1, 2014 5:47 pm

For a thread title in such a manner, there is a disturbing lack of Antetokounmpo highlights on the last pages.

So here we go. All of Giannis' 61 dunks this season. This is my first attempt at creating a compilation (a dunkilation, if you will) like this, but I think it turned out pretty good. Feel free to add your own crappy music (I've seen the music thread), but that would only obscure the opposing commentators marveling at Giannis and trying to pronounce his name. Also it looks a lot better in 720p.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IskP72dBVho[/youtube]
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#627 » by Licensed to Il » Thu May 1, 2014 6:35 pm

Authority wrote:For a thread title in such a manner, there is a disturbing lack of Antetokounmpo highlights on the last pages.

So here we go. All of Giannis' 61 dunks this season. This is my first attempt at creating a compilation (a dunkilation, if you will) like this, but I think it turned out pretty good. Feel free to add your own crappy music (I've seen the music thread), but that would only obscure the opposing commentators marveling at Giannis and trying to pronounce his name. Also it looks a lot better in 720p.

That made my afternoon. Great work.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#628 » by The Wet Whistle » Thu May 1, 2014 6:46 pm

Authority wrote:
Spoiler:
For a thread title in such a manner, there is a disturbing lack of Antetokounmpo highlights on the last pages.

Awesome work
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#629 » by bucksbrewers3 » Thu May 1, 2014 6:55 pm

Authority wrote:For a thread title in such a manner, there is a disturbing lack of Antetokounmpo highlights on the last pages.

Missed the one in the rising stars game :-)
ChuckBros4Life
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#630 » by ChuckBros4Life » Thu May 1, 2014 7:10 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:

Missed the one in the rising stars game :-)

He had a couple in that game actually if IRR. But ik what one you're referring to :)
"I dont respect West Coast point guards; theyre too Hollywood for me." - Brandon Jennings
"Everything's peaches and cream." - Monta Ellis
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#631 » by crkone » Thu May 1, 2014 10:33 pm

Wolters and Giannis look good together.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#632 » by blazza18 » Thu May 1, 2014 10:51 pm

So many flashes of a special player in that package. Can't wait to see him grow more as a player.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#633 » by SupremeHustle » Thu May 1, 2014 11:44 pm

The one in Orlando is my favorite.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
BallinBucks420
Pro Prospect
And1: 108

Post#634 » by BallinBucks420 » Fri May 2, 2014 12:20 am

wow some of those dunks are unreal cant wait to watch him n the new rook next year
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#635 » by breakchains » Fri May 2, 2014 2:14 am

blazza18 wrote:So many flashes of a special player in that package. Can't wait to see him grow more as a player.

The thing is, that is just part of his game. IMO his court vision and passing are just as special as that. And he is so disruptive on D.

We need a real coach.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#636 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri May 2, 2014 2:21 am

breakchains wrote:
blazza18 wrote:So many flashes of a special player in that package. Can't wait to see him grow more as a player.

The thing is, that is just part of his game. IMO his court vision and passing are just as special as that. And he is so disruptive on D.

We need a real coach.

And the thing is he was totally relying on instincts defensively this year. Give him time to learn to read an opposing offense and realize where he is supposed to be on the floor and he could become a nightmare for opponents.

He got lost on defense quite a bit this year but I'm not worried at all. He's gonna be awesome
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#637 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri May 2, 2014 2:28 am

Can't wait to trade this guy for the 6th or 7th pick overall, you guys!!1!1 /ShermanDouglas
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#638 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri May 2, 2014 2:36 am

My favorite Giannis dunks are the ones that he has to fully reach out for and barely finishes because you know no one else in the league could have done it.

I'm also still amazed he wasn't selected for the dunk contest. What a shame.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#639 » by breakchains » Fri May 2, 2014 2:38 am

The Wet Whistle wrote:
breakchains wrote:

We need a real coach.

And the thing is he was totally relying on instincts defensively this year. Give him time to learn to read an opposing offense and realize where he is supposed to be on the floor and he could become a nightmare for opponents.

He got lost on defense quite a bit this year but I'm not worried at all. He's gonna be awesome

In terms of man D, he actually has some issues with lateral quickness because he is so ridiculously long and not quick twitch enough, but because he's so long he can usually compensate and still alter shots on the trail.
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#640 » by AttackTheRack » Fri May 2, 2014 4:50 am

Kid could be unreal. You don't even need to watch the whole thing. 10 dunks in, and it's like - forget it. If he puts it all together and stays healthy - how good could he be? Talkin' top 10 player here.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks