ImageImage

Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Re: Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet) 

Post#721 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Apollo64 wrote:Season has only started and there is no need to throw stats around from such a small sample.

Sure, which everyone understands...but it certainly doesn't make sense to use last year's stats with Giannis as he is a completely different player being used in a completely different way.

So should we just not discuss him for a few weeks, until we have more data? Or is it okay that we speculate in the mean time?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#722 » by Newz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Imagine a 7'0 James Harden on offense and a Scottie Pippen on defense.

Do you really think Giannis is the best basketball player of all-time? I can't imagine a player better than that.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#723 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Newz wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:Imagine a 7'0 James Harden on offense and a Scottie Pippen on defense.

Do you really think Giannis is the best basketball player of all-time? I can't imagine a player better than that.

Yeah, he sounds like a top 3 player when he's described like that. I'm just thinking in terms of what his ceiling might be. I think Harden is the best comparison for his offensive game stylistically but doubt he'll ever score at that volume.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#724 » by Dcebucks11 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:09 pm

settle down there partner :lol:
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#725 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:

settle down there partner :lol:

Read my follow-up post. I'm not saying that is what he is or will be but its fun to imagine that as his ceiling.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,938

Post#726 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:15 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Yeah, he sounds like a top 3 player when he's described like that. I'm just thinking in terms of what his ceiling might be. I think Harden is the best comparison for his offensive game stylistically but doubt he'll ever score at that volume.

He's going to be a top 3 player in the future along with Anthony Davis if he continues on his current trajectory.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#727 » by breakchains » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:21 pm

The Harden thing doesn't work yet because Harden is a great shooter, which is part of what makes him so difficult to deal with. Plus, Giannis just has a much different mindset as an offensive player. I actually compare Knight more to Harden than Giannis in terms of style. Of course Harden is far smoother, more instinctive, and overall just significantly better than Knight - but they have a similar offensive game and mentality.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#728 » by emunney » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Jeez, why are you guys so intent on putting limits on him?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#729 » by Ayt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 pm

He's going to be like Bill Russell on offense and Magic on defense.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#730 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Steve Nash's court vision, combination of Bill Russell and Jordan's defense, Tim Duncan's low post moves, all wrapped up in Kareem's body, with Durant's athleticism and handles.

......seems about right.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#731 » by H2tObes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 pm

7 foot Jordan/Pippen/Magic hybrid?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#732 » by emunney » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:43 pm

That joke again.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#733 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

Do you think his continued growth is HURTING him in the short term?

I'm wondering if it's better off he finally stops growing. From the game thread of today it seems he's really struggling with his shot, I'm thinking he's having a hard time adjusting to his body.

Would it be better he stops growing and then has the ability to develop his shot?
#FreeChuckDiesel
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#734 » by mattg » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am

HKPackFan wrote:Do you think his continued growth is HURTING him in the short term?

I'm wondering if it's better off he finally stops growing. From the game thread of today it seems he's really struggling with his shot, I'm thinking he's having a hard time adjusting to his body.

Would it be better he stops growing and then has the ability to develop his shot?

Well yeah. Any further height growth isn't really a positive, he's already ridiculously long and growth risks losing coordination and could lead to potential injury issues.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#735 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

mattg wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:Do you think his continued growth is HURTING him in the short term?

Well yeah. Any further height growth isn't really a positive, he's already ridiculously long and growth risks losing coordination and could lead to potential injury issues.

Ya I was thinking about injuries as well. If being too long can actually lead to more risks with knees and joints etc.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#736 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 am

Giannis's brother Thanasis has blocked 6 shots in 2 lout of his last three D-league games. Totaled 16 blocks and 10 steals through his first 5 contests. Thanasis's teammates include former Buck Darnell Jackson, longtime journeymen Andre Barrett & former Marquette player Todd Mayo, brother of OJ.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUJmlYIRaQ4[/youtube]
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#737 » by Greek » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Giannis's brother Thanasis has blocked 6 shots in 2 lout of his last three D-league games. Totaled 16 blocks and 10 steals through his first 5 contests. Thanasis's teammates include former Buck Darnell Jackson, longtime journeymen Andre Barrett & former Marquette player Todd Mayo, brother of OJ.

Thanasis reminds me Florent Pietrus the brother of Michael who played several years in NBA. He was about the same size and athlete who made his living as a defensive stopper in Europe. If he develops a 3pt shoot will have a long career in NBA as a defensive stopper
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,938

Post#738 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Giannis's brother Thanasis has blocked 6 shots in 2 lout of his last three D-league games. Totaled 16 blocks and 10 steals through his first 5 contests. Thanasis's teammates include former Buck Darnell Jackson, longtime journeymen Andre Barrett & former Marquette player Todd Mayo, brother of OJ.

I'll continue to say that he should've been Hammond's pick over Johnny O'Bryant. Giannis and Thanasis wear #s somehow tied to their parents. It's strange that not only are their jersey #s the reverse of the other but their draft selections for '13 & '14 work that way as well (15 - Giannis, 51 - Thanasis).
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#739 » by Badgerlander » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:46 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
I'll continue to say that he should've been Hammond's pick over Johnny O'Bryant. Giannis and Thanasis wear #s somehow tied to their parents. It's strange that not only are their jersey #s the reverse of the other but their draft selections for '13 & '14 work that way as well (15 - Giannis, 51 - Thanasis).

I would've taken Dinwiddie over Johnny O but we could've taken Thanasis at 48 instead of trading it to the Hawks for a future 2nd.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#740 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:15 pm

The Thanasis hype was always a little overblown to me.

He's got decent potential as a defensive wing, but 6'7 SF's with no offensive game/skills other than fast break dunks only offer so much to a team that is already stacked at the position (Middleton, Giannis, Jabari, Inglis). His ceiling was/is as a Ronnie Brewer type player IMO.

I would have much rather spent the JOB pick on a guard like Vasilie Micic.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks