ImageImage

PG: Pacers Bench Win!! Tank of Destiny won't be stopped!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Re: PG: Pacers Bench Win!! Tank of Destiny won't be stopped! 

Post#101 » by LedZepp007 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:50 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:You can find reasons to blame each individual player for their regression this season, but when it's a majority of the team it's a huge red flag. Today is the perfect day to fire Coach Drew.

I just don't get the anger against Drew.

Sure, he's not a good coach, but he's arguably done the greatest single act for this franchise in decades. He's almost delivered to us the number one lotto seed. If Drew was doing things differently, maybe we have 19 wins.

Frankly, whatever happens, I'll always be a Drew fan for what he's done for us.

No, Drew has definitely been a key cog in all of this. But, he was trying to win! He is that bad.

Last night was a great example. We had much better talent on the floor all night long. Consistently. Unless you think Lavoy Allen constitutes talent. We still got beaten. At home. When we clearly were trying as hard as possible to win. The main difference? Vogel versus Drew. Coaching obviously makes a huge difference. That game is a blowout win if Skiles is coaching. Hell, I think we win that game with Boylan coaching. Nobody will convince me that Drew got to the end of the game after doubling down on victory all night with Sessions and Adrien and thought, "Well, here's my chance to throw the game. Hey, Chris Wright get in there again. Make sure Sessions switches on to Copeland." In reality he thought, "Evan Turner weighs 12 more pounds that Khris Middleton. Better put a larger guy out there. I've got a 'matchup problem.' Hey, Chris Wright..."

He's a **** idiot.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#102 » by THE DINJ » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:52 pm

The fact that we had 0 timeouts left for the last 2 possessions prove Drew is an idiot.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,739

Post#103 » by Wonka » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:53 pm

I am still just in complete shock at Giannis and Henson's minutes last night. Whether people here like Henson or not, it looks like he is going to be part of the future of this team. Giannis and Henson are two young players who need to be playing, that's just a fact of developing talent. I love Ramonster but there's no reason he plays 38 minutes and there's no reason Adrien sniffs anything over 20 minutes. Drew is a **** imbecile. No reason he should be coaching anywhere in this league.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#104 » by Badgerlander » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:07 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:You can't tell me that the regression of every player on this roster except Knight is a coincidence?

I think the regression started when Skiles left. What we have now is typical for the Herb Kohl Bucks. We've all seen this same stuff for decades as Bucks fans. Coaches ranked in the 10-30 range get chewed up in this culture.

I agree a great new coach is needed, but I think Drew could do a passable job with a decent franchise like he did with the Hawks.

I just see so many other glaring problems with Kohl and Hammond that Drew doesn't bother me. Especially since he's made some good tank moves at certain times,

After watching Drew coach all year I think the Hawks won in spite of him. Skiles leaving doesn't explain Zaza's, Mayo's, or Giannis's regression, or Miroslav going from a promising player to a picture on a milk carton.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#105 » by LUKE23 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:10 pm

I don't want Drew back next year. If we are going to lose, I want it done with the youth playing big minutes. You play the youth and see what happens. Period.
Craig_Hodges
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#106 » by Craig_Hodges » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:07 pm

I'll just say this on Drew's behalf:
It's incredibly difficult to manage anything at the higher levels of any business when there is no clear direction from the top. Can you imagine how many masters he may be trying to serve in this ridiculous circus of an organization? I have a hard time blaming anyone for trying to keep their job. Drew ultimately has helped deliver the prize we all wanted this year. For that, I am grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#107 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Goon wrote:I'm not really a Bucks fan, but I like your team future chances, mainly due to great 2014 draft pick, Giannis, Henson a bit as well. I also always liked to cheer for the underdog, now after Jennings is gone I can actually follow the Bucks a bit closer.

The reason why I'm posting is the mystery that is coach Drew. I'll sooner understand all mysteries of the Universe than this guy. I mean, you have the future of the franchise in Giannis and Henson, but there are Zaza, Sessions and Adrien getting 35+ mins per game, while your young prospects get 20. Ok, I understand if you sometimes mix it up, but to do this constantly over the course of the season, is beyond me.

I know all of you mentioned this before, I know everyone wants to see Drew gone, but I just couldn't help myself not to comment on my own. I really wish that Kohl sells as soon as possible (keeping the team in Milwaukee), a new GM steps in and Drew gets kicked out, so this franchise stops getting chocked by their own guys. It's hard to understand that people managing this mess actually make a living out of it, they are supposed to be professionals, just amazing how incompetent some are.

Good luck Bucks!

Its as baffling for an "outsider" as it is for a "die hard" fan.

I didn't watch a minute of this game last night. And I stopped watching this team a few weeks ago when it was obvious that Larry Drew was going with the mediocre vets instead of the youngsters for the stretch run. Flat out mind boggling. And fitting for a funny bad franchise.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,293

Post#108 » by KidA24 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Wisky4life wrote:I sat right behind the Bucks bench and OJ Majo is fat.

I just laughed outloud at work when I read this. For some reason I pictured my 4 year old cousin saying that.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,716

Post#109 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Man, how has this team not been relocated or folded? I know that Kohl is really the main reason why this team is still around, but god what a brutal 20 something years it has to be to endure all this bull from management. If this were in another city, they'd have been done in a decade.

All Bucks fans should thank Drew and the string of horrible injuries that will allow this franchise a shot at a #1 pick hopefully that works out. Embiid, Wiggins, Exum, Parker any of those 4 will do. I hope new ownership cleans house ASAP. From a Raptors fan viewpoint, I've been through the BS of management in the past though thankfully Masai Ujiri is around, but the Bucks take incompetence to a whole other level. How do you guys put up with this?
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#110 » by cinematographer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:The depths of Larry Drews mind is something I fail to truly understand.

Well, that's because you're not a Luddite.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#111 » by stevescheffler06 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Craig_Hodges wrote:I'll just say this on Drew's behalf:
It's incredibly difficult to manage anything at the higher levels of any business when there is no clear direction from the top. Can you imagine how many masters he may be trying to serve in this ridiculous circus of an organization? I have a hard time blaming anyone for trying to keep their job. Drew ultimately has helped deliver the prize we all wanted this year. For that, I am grateful.

I think that's a cop-out, honestly. If you are in basketball for love of the game you have to understand your place in the world. Winning meaningless games in April leaning heavily on impending free agents does nothing for anyone besides the free agents. Even if you're entirely worried about your legacy (in terms of W's and L's) you'd think a coach at that level could see the benefit to youth development. If he really truly can't see beyond the end of this season, doesn't plan his season around multi-year goals, ormake in-game decisions without thinking of the long-term impact, then what good is he? This is the NBA. These coaches should be the cream of the crop. The world-class motivators or elite game planners. Something. Give me something that someone sees that Drew does at that level. Maybe that's too difficult to see from the outside, but I just don't see anything redeeming in his coaching style. I guess the whole team doesn't hate him like they did Scotty. So there's that.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#112 » by bizarro » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:58 pm

cinematographer wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:The depths of Larry Drews mind is something I fail to truly understand.

Well, that's because you're not a Luddite.

Just know this Paul:

I trust you to follow the proper course...it is a slippery deck, however. Beware.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#113 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Craig_Hodges wrote:I'll just say this on Drew's behalf:

So Zaza and Drew don't want to have the worst Bucks record on their resume. That's great and all.

But Drew should be developing Henson and Giannis right now with 30+ minutes and the free pass to work on their games. I want to see Henson given a green light to shoot 18 foot jumpers. I want to see Giannis have plays run for him. If Drew wants to be here long term, he would be helping those guys flash brilliance in these final games to prove he can bring out the best of those guys next season. Right now he's acting like Skiles. Drew is a good comparison to Skiles because Skiles was coaching to win, but would get stuck in ruts about certain things and players and rotations.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#114 » by ackypoo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:25 pm

if drews not gonna get fired for this season hes pretty much got the green light to do whatever he feels is best right? if this is what he thinks is best then he should be fired.

see what i did there?

fire this guy already.
Craig_Hodges
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#115 » by Craig_Hodges » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
So Zaza and Drew don't want to have the worst Bucks record on their resume. That's great and all.

But Drew should be developing Henson and Giannis right now with 30+ minutes and the free pass to work on their games. I want to see Henson given a green light to shoot 18 foot jumpers. I want to see Giannis have plays run for him. If Drew wants to be here long term, he would be helping those guys flash brilliance in these final games to prove he can bring out the best of those guys next season. Right now he's acting like Skiles. Drew is a good comparison to Skiles because Skiles was coaching to win, but would get stuck in ruts about certain things and players and rotations.

I'm not trying to say Drew is a good coach, or even that I want Drew back next year. I'm just trying to point out two very simple facts in his defense:
1. This is an incredibly difficult place to coach because I'm sure some of the front office wanted to tank since November and others (including Herb himself) have rejected that idea probably up until last week. Also, if the writing is on the wall around the office already and he has a good feeling he's out after the season, what would he care about developing youth?
2. It took a special kind of team and coach and front office to deliver the #1 lotto position this year. For that I will continue to say, "Bravo, coach Drew!"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks