Post#81 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Wolters
Knight
Giannis
Middleton
Henson
Sanders
Draft picks

Nobody else should play a minute next season.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Re: Why doesn 

Post#82 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:50 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
randy84 wrote:In all honesty. Next year I would like to see a team of

Sanders, Henson, Giannis, Middleton, Wolters, Knight, draft pick. Then top off the roster by signing a couple of D-League guys.

This and a coaching change would make me happy.

yep. and I wouldn't even mind some sessions and adrien type guys either. just so long as they aren't playing 35-40 mpg :x

I just don't see a positive to having those vet types around. Give me a team full of unproven guys who might surprise to go around the core.

Giannis
Draft pick(s)

Maybe one or two surprises and becomes a good bench guy. Terrible another year. Get a second high draft pick and then salivate at the sudden infusion of talent on your team. :nod:
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#83 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:50 pm

sure of course. but that's also way radical and unrealistic unless each and every one of those guys stayed 100% healthy and all our draft picks filled out the backup positions perfectly.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#84 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:57 pm

I don't see the benefit of playing a bunch of 20something noname dleaguers who might pop like the sixers did. id prefer to go the 20something route of the lakers. guys with actual nba experience who were blocked for playing time in other situations. we get hella better upside for the same cost usually only sacrificing a 1-2 years in age if even that. maybe we win a little more but whatever. I have no interest in that sixers model....they took it too far.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#85 » by Wise1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:26 pm

randy84 wrote:Henson this year when he has played 30 mins or more in a game:

15.2 pts, 9.5 rebs., 2.4 assists, 2.2 blks, .063 steals.

I would take that out of a 2nd year player.

I'll continue to say that evaluating BOTH Henson and Sanders this season based on on court productivity is a bit dangerous. Is it unreasonable to believe that developing young complementary bigs need playmakers (point guards or otherwise) to augment their offensive repetoire? Is it unreasonable to think that a tanking environment would stymie defensive effort and intensity?

Henson will probably be the player that gets the stats you posted above once more talent and stability are brought to the organization. Even those of us who've only played pick up ball know the impact of having 1 or 2 guys in your five that aren't interested in playing defense, setting screens, attacking the glass and making plays for others as option one. Whatever the level that your game may be, you're diminished in that type of enviroment. You play BETTER when all 5 guys are playing as a team with a determined effort.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#86 » by bigkurty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:27 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Whoever said Henson is CV, I agree. Most guys who are any good make a big leap by year 2 or 3. If he doesn't do it by next year, then I'm done. Unfortunately everyone else will know he is a bust by then too and his trade value will suck.

Terrible comparison - CV and Henson - stupid really. I would agree he needs to up his game next year or you have what you have = a guy that is a tooth pick and doesn't have the heart or strength really to be a top player in the NBA. People on here do a great job of pointing out the defensive analytics - which show his deficiencies and pretty easy to see it in-game with the eye ball test because he does get pushed around.

He needs to come back more motivated, stronger, bigger, with an improved FT%. He does shoot well over 50% from the floor, boards well, and blocks shots. I wont count him out because he def has some very positive attributes to his game right now, but I agree with the haters - needs to take it to the next level.

Stupid, Really? Have you watched them on the court. Sure their games are different. But their aloof attitudes and fear of the weight room are one in the same. Yes he does need to come back stronger, more motivated, etc. but do you honestly have any faith he will do so? I don't.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#87 » by SpursNBucks » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:37 pm

It's bad comparison because as you admit they have totally different games. CV was pretty well built guy (looked like he had the body to play inside) he just didn't like to go inside-fell in love with the outside shot. Henson lives in the paint, he just is a toothpick and weak. As far as the aloof thing- you could say that about 60% of the NBA.

Do I have faith he will turn his problems around? NO - Not really because of attitude, but I don't think he can ever fill out and get strong enough. I don't think he has the frame/bone structure - whatever you want to call it. It's really hard to come up with a comparison- except for the fictional Inspector Gadget
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#88 » by randy84 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:It's bad comparison because as you admit they have totally different games. CV was pretty well built guy (looked like he had the body to play inside) he just didn't like to go inside-fell in love with the outside shot. Henson lives in the paint, he just is a toothpick and weak. As far as the aloof thing- you could say that about 60% of the NBA.

Do I have faith he will turn his problems around? NO - Not really because of attitude, but I don't think he can ever fill out and get strong enough. I don't think he has the frame/bone structure - whatever you want to call it. It's really hard to come up with a comparison- except for the fictional Inspector Gadget

Henson will never be a bruiser on the inside so why try and make him that?

A good coach would play to his strengths and try to mitigate his weaknesses. Instead, Coach Drew wants to turn a beanpole into Anthony Mason.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#89 » by AussieBuck » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:05 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Trading Sanders now would be beyond dumb. And I know you agree deep down. I agree with playing Henson 35 minutes. That can happen while keeping Sanders though.

larry sanders is one of my 5 least liked players in the league man. deep down I dislike him more than I let on here. I temper my remarks in order to not sound so much like a troll with him. i'll continue to drop hints about dumping him here and there because I cant help it..... but I promise not to harp on it too much for the sake of the rest of the board either.

Sanders should barely even be Top 5 Disliked Bucks this Year:

Top 4 Least Likable Bucks this Year:
-----------------------------------------
-Mayo (Fat)
-Neal (Chucker, Ignored Giannis)
-Ridnour (Terrible, Ignored Giannis)
-Butler (Terrible, Delusional about his Ability)

5th Place would probably be competition between Ersan and Sanders

That is not even factoring in non Bucks like:

-Jennings
-Josh Smith
-JR Smith
-Andrew Bynum!!!!
etc

If the Drug charges are an issue, I raise you a Raymond Felton

Ersan deserves hate for playing through injuries all season. What a ****. :noway:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#90 » by Nebula1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:57 pm

This is the first offseason in a long time I'd like to see the Bucks keep Ersan as part of the rotation with Henson and Sanders.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#91 » by MrPerfect1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:43 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
larry sanders is one of my 5 least liked players in the league man. deep down I dislike him more than I let on here. I temper my remarks in order to not sound so much like a troll with him. i'll continue to drop hints about dumping him here and there because I cant help it..... but I promise not to harp on it too much for the sake of the rest of the board either.

-Mayo (Fat)

-Jennings
-Josh Smith
-JR Smith
-Andrew Bynum!!!!
etc

Ersan deserves hate for playing through injuries all season. What a ****. :noway:

If he is partially injury prone due to being older than he claims to be then definitely. Also, you chalk up his entire 28% 3 Pt shooting this year due to injuries? I just find that semi implausible
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#92 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:15 pm

As soon as a I heard about the rift amongst LD, Henson, LD3, and Lady Drew, I had a sneaky feeling it would be a long season for Henson. Drew is an imbecile is the easiest answer to the Henson playing time conundrum.
Do it for Chuck
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#93 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:03 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:

-Mayo (Fat)

-Jennings
-Josh Smith
-JR Smith
-Andrew Bynum!!!!
etc

If he is partially injury prone due to being older than he claims to be then definitely. Also, you chalk up his entire 28% 3 Pt shooting this year due to injuries? I just find that semi implausible

He had one injury that was never allowed to recover properly. I have no idea what you are suggesting about his 3 point shooting.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by MrPerfect1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:27 pm

I am suggesting that his 28% 3 Pt shooting was due primarily to him just sucking. An ankle injury, for example, should affect elements such as explosion more than other aspects such as free throw shooting or 3 PT shooting.

Between Sanders and Ilyasova, both missed a lot of games this year. The Difference is Sanders at least played well when he was in the game whereas Ilyasova was awful.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#95 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:38 pm

:lol:
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by MrPerfect1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 am

So you think Sanders was not good when he played and Ersan when he played was effective?

I guess our standards are different if you think 28% 3Pt shooting for the Year is good for a Stretch 4 or if Sanders ranking 1st in Defensive Ranking when he played this year is not good enough.

What would Ersan have to shoot for you to think he sucked this year: 10%, 15%, 20%? Conversely, what NBA ranking would you prefer to see Sanders is if #1 isn't good enough?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#97 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:20 am

There was a caller on WSSP the other night complaining about the Henson situation and the fact the Bucks maybe didn't like him and weren't giving him opportunities.

Woelfel stopped him in his tracks and said who cares what the current front office thinks about anything or did this year. We will have an entirely new front office next season.

Really brought joy to my heart.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#98 » by WiscSports1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:29 am

paulpressey25 wrote:There was a caller on WSSP the other night complaining about the Henson situation and the fact the Bucks maybe didn't like him and weren't giving him opportunities.

Woelfel stopped him in his tracks and said who cares what the current front office thinks about anything or did this year. We will have an entirely new front office next season.

Really brought joy to my heart.

Well, it's a really good thing Gery is never wrong... :)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks