ImageImage

The mystery behind Exum

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ChuckBros4Life
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Re: The mystery behind Exum 

Post#81 » by ChuckBros4Life » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 pm

I think people saying Exum having a "broken jump shot" is similar to people saying Embiid is "raw". Exum's shot may be inconsistent/streaky but his form looks solid and he has great rotation on the ball from what I've seen (high # of revolutions and lines up ribs of ball right). He has a quick release and pull up ability. I think he'll put the concerns about his shot to rest at predraft workouts
"I dont respect West Coast point guards; theyre too Hollywood for me." - Brandon Jennings
"Everything's peaches and cream." - Monta Ellis
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#82 » by stellation » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:per36 numbers for smart, exum and alfrid payton at the fiba u19. 9 games here all at the same competition just for comparison sakes.

22.0 pts.. 57.3 ts%.. 6.4 reb.. 5.0 ast.. 5.5 stl
22.0 pts.. 55.0 ts%.. 4.3 reb.. 4.6 ast.. 2.0 stl
11.6 pts.. 61.9 ts%.. 6.2 reb.. 4.0 ast.. 4.4 stl

guess who is who?

I'm guessing it's the order you named them in. Only one of these guys had every defense keying on him.

that's the order. and 2 guys had defenses keying on them. smart from jumpstreet and exum by the end of the tournament. smart was the highest profile player in the tournament when they all arrived. he came in, utterly dominated both sides of the ball, and then sat down. so much garbage time, and cakewalk games he hardly played.

Where I struggle with the comparison a little is that you are unsure of Exum because of limited exposure from not playing a year of college (perfectly understandable, too), yet you use a per 36 comparison to compare his play in a tournament to a guy who, I think it's fair to say, had limited exposure in that tournament. Exum averaged around 30 mpg, whilst Smart played about half that. It's hard to judge Smart's play from that tournament because the USA team was so dominant- Smart's best 3 performances statswise (for example) were in a 25 point win and 2 40 point wins.
#FreeChuckDiesel
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#83 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:15 pm

stellation wrote:Where I struggle with the comparison a little is that you are unsure of Exum because of limited exposure from not playing a year of college (perfectly understandable, too), yet you use a per 36 comparison to compare his play in a tournament to a guy who, I think it's fair to say, had limited exposure in that tournament. Exum averaged around 30 mpg, whilst Smart played about half that. It's hard to judge Smart's play from that tournament because the USA team was so dominant- Smart's best 3 performances statswise (for example) were in a 25 point win and 2 40 point wins.

I agree smarts minutes hurt the comparison. no question. their teammates and roles on their teams didnt do it any favors either.

just appreciate its the only comparison I could find. hes basically played in one world class tournament and that's it. theres never been a successful foreign born player ever to play in the league who came in this way(that I can think of... maybe im forgetting). im looking for scraps to make a comparison.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#84 » by stellation » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 am

That's fair enough, GoS. I must admit I'm all Aussie-homer-giddy about Dante, and I'm really not that sure about where he should go, either- I genuinely believe he has the talent to be the best player from this draft, but I have no idea if he'll reach that level.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#85 » by paul » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:55 am

I love Exum and like a few others think he's got huge boom potential, but I sincerely hope we don't take him.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle another highly touted Aussie on the Bucks, I'd go postal about 3 months in when people started calling him pube or emo or whatever is cool to call teenagers in 6 months. Not because he's an Aussie mind you, but that wouldn't matter.

Here's hoping he ends up in a good program that doesn't completely f him up, as we surely would.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks