ImageImage

POLL: What on-court result for next season do you want?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

What result of 2014-15 would be best for the franchise?

Development of Giannis or our #1 pick
57%
Win 50+ and win a playoff series
16%
Tank for another top-5 pick
25%
Other
2%

Total votes: 83

Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Re: POLL: What on-court result for next season do you want? 

Post#21 » by Aaron It Out » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:50 pm

I can see Wolters making a big leap next season. If our starting lineup consists of Wolters/giannis/draft pick i will be cheering for wins.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using RealGM Forums mobile app
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#22 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:55 pm

We could pick a player that ends up being future All-NBA player and the odds are extremely likely that he's a net negative next season. That's how it is with the overwhelming majority of rookies.

Anyway, I chose another top five pick and there are a couple avenues to that pick. One is taking Embiid and dumping Sanders in a 10 cents on the dollar deal. Another is simply taking Wiggins or Parker and playing them 30 minutes a night. Playing Knight at PG helps a tank. Playing Henson a ton. Keeping Drew.

The Bucks could definitely tank their way to another top five pick.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#23 » by Dobber-16 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:58 pm

I agree with everything Luke has posted. Develop Giannis, Nate, Kris, Miroslav, and our draft picks. Hire a new coach and GM. Try to move Mayo, ZaZa, and Defino. Don't resign Ariens, Sessions.

This team isn't going to be a contender next season anyway. Just try to implement a new culture here.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#24 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:11 pm

I want to see a new regime with a good young coach. I want a team that plays smart basketball and plays hard and is fun to watch. I want a gm that is savvy and is able to start stockpiling assets by moving some of Hammonds mess.

If I get that I really don't care if they win 20, 30, or 45 games.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#25 » by Cold Crush 24 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Develope Yanni and Wiggins in stealth tank as we did this year. Young guys get pt and we get another top pick. Everyone wins!
Finals in 2017
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#26 » by hege53190 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:34 pm

I agree with most here. As long as Giannis, #1 pick, Middleton, Henson, Nate, and Knight is the primary rotation I don't really care about the results. If they succeed it means we have a great young core. If they suck it means we need more help and growth. They should get the growth by playing more and we should get help in the draft. It would be nice to have a Thunder era Kevin Ollie type player to be a veteran presence but I don't know where you turn for that type of player. If the Lakers really wanted to dump Nash's contract and would give up something for a team to take him he would be my #1 choice.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#27 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Any result is fine as long as the young guys are playing. Some play off experience would be great.
Dwade03
Head Coach
And1: 200

Post#28 » by Dwade03 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 pm

wrong thread
Fire Hammond

TKF wrote:Lue is a jackass
yuedar
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#29 » by yuedar » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:43 am

I think if we develop giannis and #1 were naturally going to be tanking again albeit not a top 3 pick tanking but also lower then 15 which would be best for our team at that point.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#30 » by cinematographer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:00 am

If Drew is the coach:

Develop Giannis and the Pick is priority one

If, say, Messina is the coach:

Make the playoffs. A competent coach who understands the ways of the Spurs could do wonders with Wolters, Giannis, Middleton, Sanders, Knight off the bench and our pick. The turnaround would be so quick that I'm in favor of trading future picks for more firsts this year if the right coach is brought in, because we wont be bad any longer and the value of the future picks will only depreciate. Hell, OJ Mayo's not exactly a valuable player right now, but as a sunk cost, he at least offers two skills of value as the ninth man or so: outside shooting and free throw shooting. We have pieces that, if surrounded by the right players and the right system, will be good enough to make the playoffs in the east next year.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#31 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 am

Same as always. If the youth is showcased from day one and not as plan B I'll support going for wins. That doesn't mean if in the middle of the season our young guys luck into playing time that I will be rooting for us to win those games.

That said, no matter what we do I don't see this team being any good. Probably won't even be sniffing the playoffs even in the weak east. That's fine with me though.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#32 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 am

im expecting another season of lost interest to start sometime in mid November. of course id like a 50+ win season.
pe_it72
Senior
And1: 83

Post#33 » by pe_it72 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 pm

In my humble opinion the only way to get this team to contend is realize that this roster isn't close to winning 50 games. We should not be pursuing any Free Agents. Resigning any vets. You do not add those players until you have a core that can CONTEND and not just compete. There is a huge difference.

We need to let the youth run their course until they are ready. We do not need to tank any games. Just let our young core play, mesh and develop together. We can sign those rotation guys any off season. They are always available. There are numerous Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrians out there that if they walk this year we will not be missing out on anything epidemic.

We just need to realize who we are. The worst team in the NBA with a ton of potential. I've said this 5 or 6 times this season. We do not need to rush to compete here. It happened in Cleveland with Lebron. They made a ton of mistakes on his way to leaving for Miami.

Let me give you the latest team that wasn't patient enough to let their youth develop and continue to add high lotto picks to a very high potential young core. The Detroit Pistons. They had Monroe/Drummond to build around. All they had to do was wait it out. Would have had cap flexibility. Add a top pick this year to that and maybe another next year. Are you kidding me? Watch out everyone else. Instead they overpay for two meat heads in BJ and Smoove (who doesnt fit on the roster) and now are looking at losing a valuable young peice in Monroe.

If we win games, we win games. If we lose them, we lose them. But put the right roster on the floor every night. Thats all I ask. Thats all we should want. With the sale so close the arena thing shouldnt be anyones argument to "win now" this offseason. If we get sold we are getting a new arena. Plain and simple.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,834

Post#34 » by fansinceforever » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Development of our #1, Giannis and consistent 30 + minute a night court time for both and Henson is my only goal.

If we win games then great! if not, no biggie. That's the fun of building correctly. The only way to lose is if we don't commit to our young talent.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#35 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I want for next season what I wanted this franchise to do THIS year: Giving heavy minutes to our young guys and let the wins and losses fall as they may. The result is completely secondary to the actual roster and coaching staff we put out there next year.

Give me 28-54 with our young guys getting the majority of the minutes and with a competent coach, over going 18-64 with a collection of washed up vets and Larry Drew any day.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#36 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I want for next season what I wanted this franchise to do THIS year: Giving heavy minutes to our young guys and let the wins and losses fall as they may. The result is completely secondary to the actual roster and coaching staff we put out there next year.

Give me 28-54 with our young guys getting the majority of the minutes and with a competent coach, over going 18-64 with a collection of washed up vets and Larry Drew any day.

This
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#37 » by skones » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:26 pm

How winning 50+ games next season and a playoff series isn't running away with the win in this poll is dumbfounding. If we win 50+ games next season with what we currently have in place, it's likely because our talent has developed (particularly Giannis) more than anyone thought possible. Competing at that level with the younger guys would really make the Bucks a hot ticket in town.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#38 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:28 pm

I definitely think you have to do everything possible to trade Ersan, Delfino, and Mayo this offseason, especially Mayo. I think the only thing in our favor with that is its a 2 year deal, so maybe a team takes a flyer for a year and if it clicks, great. If not, they have an expiring the next. Assuming we draft Wiggins, I like this moving forward...

Starters: Wolters, Wiggins, Giannis, Henson, and Sanders
Super Subs: Knight, Middleton
Stable Veteran Presence: ZaZa

And we can fill the rest in with our 2nd rd picks and cheap vets who know their role/young guys looking for fresh start.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#39 » by ampd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I'll be rooting for wins from day one next season, ASSUMING we are going to give our future core the majority of the playing time to see what we actually have. I'd look to trade Ersan, Pachulia, Delfino, and Mayo (pipe dream I know). We have enough youth with the second rounders to fill out an entire rotation. I would not bring back either Sessions or Adrien.

Pretty much this. I'd consider bringing back Sessions depending on how the draft goes and who is available.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#40 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Not only develop Giannis and our pick but play youth with them and let them all grow together. Even if we don't add another top 5 pick, I'd be more than happy to add another pick in the 8-14 range to a team that might already have a strong core in place. Giannis and this years pick are very good chances of having our superstar or two stars, I don't think landing a 3rd star is a must as much as it would be a luxury. Those two plus a very strong supporting cast can be championship caliber.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks