ImageImage

MJS Story on Lasry/Edens/New Arena (Stein update on pg 10)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Re: MJS Story on Lasry/Edens and New Arena 

Post#41 » by jimmybones » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:53 am

bizarro wrote:Let's hope 'getting that management for the team kind of in order' means: NEW management.

It's a foregone conclusion at this point. It's the Bucks fan paranoia in you to even question it. These guys are sharp as hell and understand the importance of bringing in the right management. And they have the cash to pay the right people. I have so much faith in these guys, it's unreal. These guys are loaded rich because of their ability to make the right decisions in relation to businesses and management is always at the top of that list.

Absolute grandslam ownership change. This is seriously the best **** ever.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#42 » by cinematographer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:01 am

It would probably take something approaching a miracle for Hamway/Mormond to stay. Either way, I hope Clutterbuck and BuckPack stay.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#43 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 am

Totally different ballgame. These guys are smart, they play to win, they understand the modern day NBA climate (from their quotes about team models and how quickly a turnaround can happen), and they clearly value strong leadership and strategic management. Night and day. I will need a username change, a dream scenario.

Team Sophie Lasry.
Go Bucks!
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#44 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 am

"We just have to create a product that everybody is excited about"

Ding.

Our new GM is going to be awesome, you can just feel it. :-)
Go Bucks!
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#45 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:20 am

worthlessBucks wrote:"We just have to create a product that everybody is excited about"

Ding.

Our new GM is going to be awesome, you can just feel it. :-)

Ding you say...

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#46 » by tyland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:24 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:Is that a genius provision by Kohl? If they don't keep the team in Milwaukee they can't keep the team AND they can't flip it for profit. They simply have to sell it back to the NBA. That gives them every incentive in the world to get an arena done.

I believe Kohl's quote at the press conference regarding that was "They understand their involvement in the NBA is in Milwaukee"

Amazing provision if it exists. No incentive for them not to support getting an arena done in Milwaukee. Also makes the league the bad guy if it gals through and they ship the team else where. Absolute genius if this is Kohl's doing.

More I read, the less there appears to panace about.

I know we are used to being pessimistic and cynical here, but jeez these new owners are saying all the right things. Spurs/Thunder as inspiration, spending money the right way, letting basketball professionals make the decisions, seemingly happy to rebuild the right way to get a winning team. :drool:

Let's just hope they walk the walk. Either way it is going to be very exciting times.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#47 » by aboveAverage » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

I have never in my life as a Bucks fan experienced such joy as I did when reading those quotes about building like OKC and San Antonio and getting smart basketball minds to run the operation and staying out of the personnel decisions. And they seem very confident about building an arena. It's like we're in Bucks bizarro world and I don't want to wake up and have it be a dream.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#48 » by tyland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:33 am

aboveAverage wrote:I have never in my life as a Bucks fan experienced such joy as I did when reading those quotes about building like OKC and San Antonio and getting smart basketball minds to run the operation and staying out of the personnel decisions. And they seem very confident about building an arena. It's like we're in Bucks bizarro world and I don't want to wake up and have it be a dream.

Very true. Hard to accept this is actually happening. It's like everything we have known regarding this team has been turned on its head. I feel like this is karma for sticking by this team for the last 15+ years. Can't imagine how some of the older fans are feeling.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#49 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:38 am

The season has just finished.

I'm so pumped for the next season. And not just that, the next few years, as this won't happen overnight.

We've finally Stranged the Vulture.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,421

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Now all we need is our Durant or our Duncan. Or in the Spurs case Robinson and then Duncan.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#51 » by Wisky4life » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:39 pm

All of this makes me happy as a Bucks fan but until a new arena is built, we have a new front office and coach, and then revamp our roster, I will be 100% on board. I think this will be all settled in the next few months and we can look happily toward next season. Right now there is too many "what ifs" and as a fan it makes me nervous.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#52 » by LittleRooster » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:56 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Now all we need is our Durant or our Duncan. Or in the Spurs case Robinson and then Duncan.

This thought crossed my mind too.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#53 » by Newz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Just hit. Broad piece. Soaking it in now.....

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 90681.html

Separate Q&A with the new owners at this link:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/a-qa-with- ... 91281.html

Excellent interviews. They both sound like they are very self-aware. They aren't saying that "We know everything, we are going to take over, WE are going to win!". When asked about their basketball knowledge they realize that they need good people in place and they need to let those people make the decisions, they need to let those people run the show.

If they interview like that, if that is what they tell prospective General Managers and front office people... then I think we should be able to lure someone pretty amazing into our organization. I assume that the 'dream job' for any GM in any sport is to deal with hands-off owners who trust your decision making. That probably doesn't come along often.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#54 » by raferfenix » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:24 pm

All sounds better than we ever could have hoped. Other parts that struck me particularly insofar as their commitment to Milwaukee is concerned:

The pair also have a timetable in mind. "I think getting something designed, financed and ready to come out of the ground in the next 12 months is a very aggressive but a very realistic timeline, so long as there is engagement locally, which I believe there will be," Edens said.

Both said they would put in as much time as is needed and both said they would have homes in Milwaukee.

On their initial impressions of Milwaukee:

Lasry said "everybody was exceptionally nice." "It actually gave you a nice feeling about everything."

Edens: "I've been fortunate to have been there when there isn't snow on the ground, so I know how nice it can be. It's a great Midwestern city. It's the classic city (in which) the downtown over time became less relevant as you built up the suburbs. I think it's a great opportunity for the city to kind of reinvent itself from an urban perspective."
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#55 » by breakchains » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Can't wait to see who we bring in as GM/HC.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#56 » by Bernman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 pm

They're certainly saying the right things. That article makes me somewhat more optimistic (not that I ever thought this wouldn't probably work out). They'd be even bigger villains now if they made all these matter of fact promises that didn't come to fruition. Only a small percentage can handle that (i.e.: braun)
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#57 » by Newz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Bernman wrote:They're certainly saying the right things. That article makes me somewhat more optimistic (not that I ever thought this wouldn't probably work out). They'd be even bigger villains now if they made all these matter of fact promises that didn't come to fruition. Only a small percentage can handle that (i.e.: braun)

Well as it is hinted at in the article... for them, the new arena has to happen. It almost sounds like if they cannot get it done in Milwaukee, then they forfeit the team to the league or something along those lines.

So from everything I have read they not only want to get it done in Milwaukee, they HAVE to get it done here.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#58 » by JustinCredible » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Wisky4life wrote:All of this makes me happy as a Bucks fan but until a new arena is built, we have a new front office and coach, and then revamp our roster, I will be 100% on board. I think this will be all settled in the next few months and we can look happily toward next season. Right now there is too many "what ifs" and as a fan it makes me nervous.

That's all it will take for you to be on board? Don't forget about waiting until they win a championship and then repeat as champions just to prove it wasn't a fluke the first time.

I'm on board. If you can't be optimistic with what has changed in the past week then you probably just can't be optimistic. There is a lot to like here.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#59 » by Bernman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Newz wrote:Well as it is hinted at in the article... for them, the new arena has to happen. It almost sounds like if they cannot get it done in Milwaukee, then they forfeit the team to the league or something along those lines.

So from everything I have read they not only want to get it done in Milwaukee, they HAVE to get it done here.

I saw that in the article. But couldn't they technically just buy it back and operate it elsewhere? They are billionaires, and I doubt they'd be out 550 million if the arena deal isn't done in a few years. They'd get the 550 back from the league to work with.

I think it still comes back to what their sincere intentions are. And from what's typical, in addition to what they've said, I think they are sincere, and we got a group. But you never know, and can't feel fully comfortable until it's agreed the arena would be built. At the end of the day, if motivated enough to keep the team here, they could have or can use their own money to purchase the arena, and look at it as an investment in and of itself. But as shrewd businessman they probably want to manage their money somewhat carefully. I get that. It leaves this due cause for concern, though. We have a 3-year hourglass going.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#60 » by Whiteman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:44 pm

About Milwaukee, shouldn't this be the new "lake and river" quote?

Edens wrote:I've been fortunate to have been there when there isn't snow on the ground

Return to Milwaukee Bucks