ImageImage

Trade Ideas - Bledsoe signs with Suns 5/$70 pg 106

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Re: Off Season Trade Ideas (also Bledsoe/Bayless watch) 

Post#1281 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 am

Fans always have a hard time dealing with rejection, I'm sure the diehard Suns fans wouldn't trade Bledsoe for anything but the moon and if he's not happy about being forced to stay in Phoenix then **** 'em but that's just not how the real world works. Nets fans were the same way about the Jason Kidd compensation, the insult of him leaving was so much that you had a bunch of them saying they wouldn't let him out his contract for anything short of a 1st round pick. I think some even talked about Giannis, it's just silly jilted ex talk. The Suns have a good team and they're not going to torpedo their season to hold on to a guy who doesn't want to be there. Sarver isn't a guy that wants a headache like this, I doubted he wanted to pay Bledsoe going to into this offseason and it has come to fruition.

I think Knight/Henson/Ilyasova or whatever combo you've seen from Bucks fans is pretty fair, what more could you honestly get someone else? The Bucks can clear cap space if they really wanted to and offer Bledsoe the max, I'd rather do that than give up anything and it is an easy choice with more. I know Suns fans say Sarver would match a max contract but I really doubt it. In the end it doesn't really make any sense for the Bucks to feel pressured on this, either the relationship really is irreparable and Bledsoe is S&T somewhere or signs the QO, or he signs an extension and is happy. The QO basically would mean that Bledsoe is leaving Phoenix and they get nothing for him, the Bucks could sign him next offseason for nothing. I sincerely doubt the offers Phoenix will get in S&T will be as fantastical as their fans hoped for. If the Suns are entertaining a S&T then I pretty much assume that the Bledsoe/Suns org relationship is cooked, there just isn't much leverage.
FREE GIANNIS
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#1282 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:24 am

Bledsoe has zero leverage and there is very little chance he risks taking the QO. Likely they sign him at some point. That is by far the most likely scenario. The Suns won't trade him for bad contracts, especially when their rotation is already pretty full.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1283 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Well if you think either of the offers I mentioned are for a superstar quality player, you're sadly mistaken. I should go to the trade board and ask with a poll, would you trade Kevin Durant for Zaza, Ilyasova, Knight and two top 3 protected firsts? Or even Knight, Middleton and one top 3 protected first. Even any of the top 10 players in the league, they don't touch that deal and poll results would probably be like 98%-2% (Bucks fans) thinking those were fair deals.

James Harden pulled a marginal vet (Martin), a marginal prospect (Lamb) and some picks (and not two picks from a team coming off 15 wins). I mean I obviously don't think it'd be realistic thinking we'd get some superstar player for those pieces, but it isn't exactly far off of previous deals, and James Harden was certainly a much more of a desirable player than Eric Bledsoe. It's literally the same line of thinking I saw ALL offseason coming from you board for Kevin Love. I mean deals of Len/Morris/2 firsts were being thrown around as "fair".

Martin was a proven solid player and Lamb was a lottery pick on a rookie contract with more value (at the time) than anyone in any offer I've mentioned in a Milwaukee deal. Plus two picks.

And everyone crucified OKC and Presti for making that deal. That deal was much better even though he was crucified.

I think you're really grasping at straws playing up that package OKC got, also Harden besides being a better player wasn't coming off a major injury and wasn't disgruntled with his organization. How is Lamb a better prospect then Henson or Knight who were both lottery picks as well? Kevin Martin, okay. Steven Adams was one of those picks who is nice I guess but lets not pretend that's much more than what you seen posted on this board.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1284 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:35 am

bwgood77 wrote:Bledsoe has zero leverage and there is very little chance he risks taking the QO. Likely they sign him at some point. That is by far the most likely scenario. The Suns won't trade him for bad contracts, especially when their rotation is already pretty full.

Zero leverage other than he could really mess up a young Suns team coming off a great season, that's a lot to risk I think. I don't think the Suns are that stupid to let him sign a QO either, it's just a game of chicken at this point. What it really comes down to is whether or not the relationship is salvageable.

Ersan isn't a bad contract if you're referring to him btw, I'd put him in the same caliber of player as a guy like Kevin Martin. Now OJ Mayo is a bad contract, although not as bad as the NBA gets tho.
FREE GIANNIS
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#1285 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Well if you think either of the offers I mentioned are for a superstar quality player, you're sadly mistaken. I should go to the trade board and ask with a poll, would you trade Kevin Durant for Zaza, Ilyasova, Knight and two top 3 protected firsts? Or even Knight, Middleton and one top 3 protected first. Even any of the top 10 players in the league, they don't touch that deal and poll results would probably be like 98%-2% (Bucks fans) thinking those were fair deals.

James Harden pulled a marginal vet (Martin), a marginal prospect (Lamb) and some picks (and not two picks from a team coming off 15 wins). I mean I obviously don't think it'd be realistic thinking we'd get some superstar player for those pieces, but it isn't exactly far off of previous deals, and James Harden was certainly a much more of a desirable player than Eric Bledsoe. It's literally the same line of thinking I saw ALL offseason coming from you board for Kevin Love. I mean deals of Len/Morris/2 firsts were being thrown around as "fair".

Martin was a proven solid player and Lamb was a lottery pick on a rookie contract with more value (at the time) than anyone in any offer I've mentioned in a Milwaukee deal. Plus two picks.

And everyone crucified OKC and Presti for making that deal. That deal was much better even though he was crucified.

You cant possibly equate the picks that OKC got with picks that would be coming from the Bucks. Picks are 1 of the only realistic ways MIL can build a team. MIL giving up ANY 1st Round pick in a Bledsoe deal would be insane, much less 2.

The only way it possibly makes sense would be if the picks are 100% Top 14 Protected
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1286 » by gaspar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:35 am

JayMKE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:"We don't think he's worth a max contract but we believe someone out there thinks he's worth a max contract and all their assets."

That's basically all I get from most Suns fans in this situation.

wishful thinking is all it is, S&Ts are never full value. They'll be lucky to get Henson and Knight.

OK, then give Bledsoe a max contract without Suns help. Oh, you can't? What a pity.

I'm pretty sure the Suns would rather have Bledsoe for 1 year $3.7M than expiring Knight and Henson. Both these guys wouldn't get more than 15 mpg in Phoenix.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1287 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:48 am

gaspar wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:"We don't think he's worth a max contract but we believe someone out there thinks he's worth a max contract and all their assets."

That's basically all I get from most Suns fans in this situation.

wishful thinking is all it is, S&Ts are never full value. They'll be lucky to get Henson and Knight.

OK, then give Bledsoe a max contract without Suns help. Oh, you can't? What a pity.

I'm pretty sure the Suns would rather have Bledsoe for 1 year $3.7M than expiring Knight and Henson. Both these guys wouldn't get more than 15 mpg in Phoenix.

Really, you'd rather lose Bledsoe for nothing than two quality young players? That's child like logic, you'd rather get nothing if you can't get what you want. Saying Henson and Knight wouldn't get 15 mins a game on your team is just ignorance or hysteria.
FREE GIANNIS
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,786

Post#1288 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:04 am

gaspar wrote:OK, then give Bledsoe a max contract without Suns help. Oh, you can't? What a pity.

Thats like dumping Miroslav and Delfino, I doubt it would be very hard to do.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1289 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:15 am

There has to be something holding up this Bayless deal, right? I get that it's Jerryd Bayless & no one cares but there has to be some reason two weeks have passed since the "agreement" without anything becoming official.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#1290 » by gaspar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 am

JayMKE wrote:
gaspar wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

Really, you'd rather lose Bledsoe for nothing than two quality young players? That's child like logic, you'd rather get nothing if you can't get what you want. Saying Henson and Knight wouldn't get 15 mins a game on your team is just ignorance or hysteria.

Bledsoe playing 82 games (and possibly more) in the Suns uniform isn't nothing. And yes, Knight and Henson wouldn't get more than 15 minutes per game in Phoenix. Knight would be stuck behind Dragic, Thomas and Green. Henson can't shoot so he can't play PF for the Suns and at C he would have to beat Plumlee and Len.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#1291 » by gaspar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
gaspar wrote:OK, then give Bledsoe a max contract without Suns help. Oh, you can't? What a pity.

What was the cost of dumping Lou Williams and Lin this summer? And you still most likely wouldn't get Bledsoe.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,786

Post#1292 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:24 am

gaspar wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

What was the cost of dumping Lou Williams and Lin this summer? And you still most likely wouldn't get Bledsoe.

We could probably dump both for cash and a couple seconds, hardly much at all. And we'd obviously only do it if we thought you guys wouldn't match a max contract.

This is all assuming that we actually want Bledsoe at a max contract which is debatable.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1293 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm

I would've been fine with Bledsoe on a max 3 year deal like Parson got. I would also be fine with the 4 years 48mil that the Suns are offering, and a 5th year IF it's a team option, but do I want to give up players on top of paying him? Not really, and I love me some Bledsoe.

a couple of interesting notes from the article from yesterday
A few teams have inquired about a sign-and-trade for Bledsoe, mostly at the urging of his camp. However, the Suns seemed less than interested, according to one team that inquired.

There had been some reports that the PSuns had considered an offer sheet for Monroe, however what the Suns were said to be considering would have been a deal in the $11 million per year range, which would be matched by Detroit.
The only way for Phoenix to get substantially more space would be to rescind their qualifying offer to Bledsoe, which would make him an unrestricted free agent.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-a ... GDZm8kU.99

So i suppose if you could come up with a 3 way trade but I think thats some pie in the sky talk as I don't see a combination of players that fit the Suns or the Pistons. In the end I think both players stay home at a discount.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#1294 » by eagle13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:02 pm

NO to Bledsoe at the max. I really like Marshall's game on offense. Its on D that the gulf between Kendall's failure and Bledsoe's prowess is huge. But with Sanders and Henson guarding the rim it helps reduce marshall's liability. We need our SG to be at least a little better than average on D. Alec Burks would be great next to Marshall.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,089

Post#1295 » by BigO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:24 pm

No to bledsoe at anywhere near the max. Bucks posters would give up the store for a guy that has performed well for half of one season out of four. He is injury prone and has an awful assist to turnover ratio. There is only one reason no team has signed him to a max contract as of yet. No team thinks he's worth it, let alone the crazy trades recommended on this board. No one in the entire league has signed him to an offer. Stay away from Bledsoe. The bucks and this board have consistently overestimated other teams players for two decades. Time for smarter thinking. This is a rebuild. Don't splurge right now.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1296 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 pm

it's much easier to heal a frozen head...

still not sure that I believe that line
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1297 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:58 pm

JayMKE wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:James Harden pulled a marginal vet (Martin), a marginal prospect (Lamb) and some picks (and not two picks from a team coming off 15 wins). I mean I obviously don't think it'd be realistic thinking we'd get some superstar player for those pieces, but it isn't exactly far off of previous deals, and James Harden was certainly a much more of a desirable player than Eric Bledsoe. It's literally the same line of thinking I saw ALL offseason coming from you board for Kevin Love. I mean deals of Len/Morris/2 firsts were being thrown around as "fair".

I think you're really grasping at straws playing up that package OKC got, also Harden besides being a better player wasn't coming off a major injury and wasn't disgruntled with his organization. How is Lamb a better prospect then Henson or Knight who were both lottery picks as well? Kevin Martin, okay. Steven Adams was one of those picks who is nice I guess but lets not pretend that's much more than what you seen posted on this board.

Well, Lamb was a guy who was a rookie who appeared to have upside at the time who is generally worth more than guys who have been in the league 2-3 years and shown what they are, which is likely avg at best.

Adams is exactly a guy the Suns need. I'd much rather have him than anyone on the Bucks that you'd offer right now. I'd rather trade Bledsoe for him and Reggie Jackson than any Bucks offer. OKC wouldn't (and couldn't) do it though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1298 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:00 pm

JayMKE wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Bledsoe has zero leverage and there is very little chance he risks taking the QO. Likely they sign him at some point. That is by far the most likely scenario. The Suns won't trade him for bad contracts, especially when their rotation is already pretty full.

Zero leverage other than he could really mess up a young Suns team coming off a great season, that's a lot to risk I think. I don't think the Suns are that stupid to let him sign a QO either, it's just a game of chicken at this point. What it really comes down to is whether or not the relationship is salvageable.

Ersan isn't a bad contract if you're referring to him btw, I'd put him in the same caliber of player as a guy like Kevin Martin. Now OJ Mayo is a bad contract, although not as bad as the NBA gets tho.

Ersan would be very nice if he was back to peak form. I don't know if that's the case.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1299 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:03 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:
You cant possibly equate the picks that OKC got with picks that would be coming from the Bucks. Picks are 1 of the only realistic ways MIL can build a team. MIL giving up ANY 1st Round pick in a Bledsoe deal would be insane, much less 2.

The only way it possibly makes sense would be if the picks are 100% Top 14 Protected

I think your team with Bledsoe likely makes the pick worse than you think, and if it's top 3 protected than it's probably around the 10th pick. How many young raw players do you need if you have Bledsoe, Mayo, Giannis, Parker, Sanders and then Henson, Zaza, Marshall and Bayless? The right to swap picks could be an idea too.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#1300 » by LedZepp007 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm

From Bill Ingram :

The Bucks don’t want ANY part of Smith, I can promise you that. They would happily deal Mayo, but no one wants him. They do hope Kidd’s relationship with Mayo from Dallas will help light a fire under OJ. Ilyasova is not part of the long-term plan.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks