Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Re: Giannis playing for Bucks summer league & Greece FIBA 

Post#101 » by msiris » Thu Jul 3, 2014 9:12 pm

Ripster72 wrote:
On his new teammate Jabari Parker.

To be honest I wasn’t aware of him since I don’t follow college basketball. But on early June, I read that he was going to be one of the top picks, so I started watching him, since I knew the Bucks were interested. I had the chance to meet him and he’s a great kid. I saw him during his workout in Milwaukee. He’s a terrific player and he’s going to have a great career. I am happy that he’s with the Bucks. I talked with him and we will join forces in the Summer League. He’s a great shooter and I am the kind of teammate that likes to share the ball. I will create a lot of open looks for him.

I think those last two sentences are faptastic.
Calls Parker a great kid. :lol:
Ride the tank
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Post#102 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 3, 2014 9:35 pm

msiris wrote:
Spoiler:
Ripster72 wrote:
On his new teammate Jabari Parker.

To be honest I wasn’t aware of him since I don’t follow college basketball. But on early June, I read that he was going to be one of the top picks, so I started watching him, since I knew the Bucks were interested. I had the chance to meet him and he’s a great kid. I saw him during his workout in Milwaukee. He’s a terrific player and he’s going to have a great career. I am happy that he’s with the Bucks. I talked with him and we will join forces in the Summer League. He’s a great shooter and I am the kind of teammate that likes to share the ball. I will create a lot of open looks for him.

I think those last two sentences are faptastic.
Calls Parker a great kid. :lol:

Jabari is 4 months younger than Giannis. :)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/484746095436627969[/tweet]
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#103 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jul 4, 2014 3:48 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLqvlRnBwZ8[/youtube]

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#104 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jul 4, 2014 3:57 am

Giannis post-draft post:

instagram.com/p/VpuVmqAF8v/?modal=true

" #Selfieeeeeeee ✌️ "
- Really wanted to play with Thanasis. Passing him up at #48 for future 2nd,... must've hurt pretty bad watching him goto NYK 3 picks later. His mom was talking about moving to NY afterward, which he classified as being "crazy talk" and added that she was staying in Milwaukee, along with the rest of his family. :lol:

Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#105 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:16 pm

I wonder if the Knicks did this with a plan to get Giannis in 5 years, by then he will be in his prime.

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#106 » by xTitan » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:35 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:I wonder if the Knicks did this with a plan to get Giannis in 5 years, by then he will be in his prime.

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app

I have my doubts the brother will be on the Knicks in 5 years, how many later second round picks stick that long?
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#107 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:55 pm

As I think about Thanasis, my guess is the Bucks felt why offer the distraction? From a talent perspective probably borderline and then you have to deal with him getting cut / traded. Soap opera avoidance perhaps?
Giannis
is
UponUs
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#108 » by TheWig » Fri Jul 4, 2014 5:19 pm

Chapter29 wrote:As I think about Thanasis, my guess is the Bucks felt why offer the distraction? From a talent perspective probably borderline and then you have to deal with him getting cut / traded. Soap opera avoidance perhaps?

There was no need to draft Thanasis when we just drafted Inglis with the 31st pick
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#109 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jul 4, 2014 7:03 pm

TheWig wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:As I think about Thanasis, my guess is the Bucks felt why offer the distraction? From a talent perspective probably borderline and then you have to deal with him getting cut / traded. Soap opera avoidance perhaps?

There was no need to draft Thanasis when we just drafted Inglis with the 31st pick

That's not true. They're two different types of wing defenders & players. We don't know who will carry over in future years. Knight could be be gone into the season or somehow turn into a pg (far-fetched).

Thanasis would've been an asset on and off the court. It's not like he'd come in and demand the playing time if he didn't earn it, that doesn't seem to be his personality. He'd just work hard at whatever role was given to him and try to help the team.

I'd rather have Thanasis than Mayo & Delfino, who could've been moved to create space for him as a cheap bench player at the very least.

bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#110 » by bizarro » Fri Jul 4, 2014 7:23 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
TheWig wrote:

That's not true. They're two different types of wing defenders & players. We don't know who will carry over in future years. Knight could be be gone into the season or somehow turn into a pg (far-fetched).

Thanasis would've been an asset on and off the court. It's not like he'd come in and demand the playing time if he didn't earn it, that doesn't seem to be his personality. He'd just work hard at whatever role was given to him and try to help the team.

I'd rather have Thanasis than Mayo & Delfino, who could've been moved to create space for him as a cheap bench player at the very least.

I think it's healthy to reframe your Bucks illness. In years past, it was all malignant. However, with new ownership comes the opportunity to rethink your relationship to the disease. For example, a subtle improvement I felt psychologically this draft was the following reaction to not selecting Thanasis:

"Well, at least we didn't draft him 48...and trade him to Atlanta." :D
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#111 » by M-C-G » Sat Jul 5, 2014 5:08 pm

For what it is worth, I thought we had traded 48 well in advance of the pick...so I am pretty sure it was that #36 or nothing to get him.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,731

Post#112 » by emunney » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:29 am

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#113 » by tyland » Tue Jul 8, 2014 7:01 am

Sweet. Great work. Another must buy although the postage is a bit of a killer to Australia.

My number of Bucks related T-shirts has increased from zero to three in less than 4 weeks. Could be a problem if it continues at this rate...

ETA: Have ordered now. Right shirt with white print. Great work emmuney!
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#114 » by Apollo64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Giannis officially named in the Greek national team selection today, actually looks like he'll play SF judging from the roster makeup and not PF as many people speculated. No Spanoulis (knee problems) and some other veterans missing too. Doesn't look like a team that'll go far in this tournament.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#115 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Apollo64 wrote:Giannis officially named in the Greek national team selection today, actually looks like he'll play SF judging from the roster makeup and not PF as many people speculated. No Spanoulis (knee problems) and some other veterans missing too. Doesn't look like a team that'll go far in this tournament.

Does the roster seem indicative of Giannis getting a chance to play more minutes?

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#116 » by engelmartin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:38 pm

[quote="emunney"]Hey, they got approved:

/quote]
Amazing work, emunney. Maybe that'll be a nickname that finally sticks. I'll be calling him Mega Giannis tonight.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#117 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:43 pm

I'd roll with calling him Mega Gianisis [shirt's cool though, I remember Em originally typed out Giannisis or Giannises here, before making the idea happen].

Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#118 » by Apollo64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:35 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Apollo64 wrote:Giannis officially named in the Greek national team selection today, actually looks like he'll play SF judging from the roster makeup and not PF as many people speculated. No Spanoulis (knee problems) and some other veterans missing too. Doesn't look like a team that'll go far in this tournament.

Does the roster seem indicative of Giannis getting a chance to play more minutes?

Yes. Two SFs from last year's squad are missing. I'd say that there is no pressure anymore for this team to win and there shouldn't be any expectations since Spanoulis is missing, so it's likely that Giannis will get a lot of playing time. It's going to be a major success if the team goes past the group stage.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#119 » by TheGoodDoctor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 am

Not trying to invade your guys board but just had to say I'm so intrigued by Giannis as a player. Congratulations on getting Jabari but really I think Giannis is the one that will be the franchise.

Obviously I just wish Masai was able to get him like he wanted to but I gotta say I envy that we didn't get him. Everyone talks about Paul George and Kawhi Leonard being the guys coming up after LeBron and Durant but I think Giannis will be better than both George and Leonard within 3 years. The kid's combined skill is off the charts. In the about 4 years time your team will be top 4-5 in the East. Great future ahead for the franchise and the biggest part even over Parker is Giannis.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#120 » by breakchains » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:52 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:Not trying to invade your guys board but just had to say I'm so intrigued by Giannis as a player. Congratulations on getting Jabari but really I think Giannis is the one that will be the franchise.

Obviously I just wish Masai was able to get him like he wanted to but I gotta say I envy that we didn't get him. Everyone talks about Paul George and Kawhi Leonard being the guys coming up after LeBron and Durant but I think Giannis will be better than both George and Leonard within 3 years. The kid's combined skill is off the charts. In the about 4 years time your team will be top 4-5 in the East. Great future ahead for the franchise and the biggest part even over Parker is Giannis.

In the good ol' tradition of you compliment my guys so I compliment yours: congrats on having a GM with the stones to take Caboclo at 20. Funny enough, there is some Giannis-like potential there. The kid isn't just a physical H/W/S specimen - you can see that he's a natural ball player. Lots of potential there, and maybe he turns out to be the piece to actually put you guys into true contention down the road. Low odds of course, but he looks extremely promising to me in the limited action I've seen him in.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks