Giannis playing for Bucks summer league & Greece FIBA

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: Giannis playing for Bucks summer league & Greece FIBA 

Post#621 » by bigkurty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:00 pm

Wooderson wrote:
bigkurty wrote:I have a feeling by the the end of the NBA season, people are going to laugh at how little Giannis was used and how often he was frozen out at this FIBA tournament. I also have a feeling Giannis might think twice about playing for Greece next time. I know he is a humble guy but this is ridiculous.

Are you watching the game? Greece is running a clinic on Croatia. They're looking like the 3rd best team after US/Spain. Maybe he'd be frustrated if the team wasn't experiencing success but they're on a roll right now. Such great team ball.

Yeah I suppose. Maybe I am just getting frustrated for him since he is the only guy with some legit NBA skills in this game outside of Saric.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#622 » by crkone » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:56 pm

bigkurty wrote:
Wooderson wrote:
bigkurty wrote:I have a feeling by the the end of the NBA season, people are going to laugh at how little Giannis was used and how often he was frozen out at this FIBA tournament. I also have a feeling Giannis might think twice about playing for Greece next time. I know he is a humble guy but this is ridiculous.

Are you watching the game? Greece is running a clinic on Croatia. They're looking like the 3rd best team after US/Spain. Maybe he'd be frustrated if the team wasn't experiencing success but they're on a roll right now. Such great team ball.

Yeah I suppose. Maybe I am just getting frustrated for him since he is the only guy with some legit NBA skills in this game outside of Saric.

Unfortunately, he has to pay his dues and he really isn't needed at this point in the tournament. Winning is good for his psyche right now, as he'll probably be losing a whole lot come next season.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#623 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:45 pm

crkone wrote:
bigkurty wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

Unfortunately, he has to pay his dues and he really isn't needed at this point in the tournament. Winning is good for his psyche right now, as he'll probably be losing a whole lot come next season.

That bold part makes me sad. I hope it ends someday :noway:
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,743

Post#624 » by DanoMac » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:50 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
crkone wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Yeah I suppose. Maybe I am just getting frustrated for him since he is the only guy with some legit NBA skills in this game outside of Saric.

But it's only just begun my friend. Embrace it.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#625 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:54 pm

DanoMac wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
crkone wrote:

But it's only just begun my friend. Embrace it.

Yeah well i can handle it but, im afraid the impact it could have on our young guys.
Giannis said many times that he clearly dislikes to lose.
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#626 » by Greek » Wed Sep 3, 2014 11:02 pm

bigkurty wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

I guess that you dont follow NBA at all, since they where playing an other 2 NBA players, Papanikolaou and Calathes. I guess that you dont even know that Bouroussis had an offer from the Spurs a few years back.

Actually this game was way more entertaining than a typical regular season game in NBA with several dunks, but players that doesnt know how to play basketball.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#627 » by bigkurty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 11:52 pm

Greek wrote:
bigkurty wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

I guess that you dont follow NBA at all, since they where playing an other 2 NBA players, Papanikolaou and Calathes. I guess that you dont even know that Bouroussis had an offer from the Spurs a few years back.

Actually this game was way more entertaining than a typical regular season game in NBA with several dunks, but players that doesnt know how to play basketball.

LOL Calathes was a mediocre bench player at the age of 24. And Papanikolaou is coming over this year for the first time at the age of 24. Lets be realistic about the level of talent that was in this game.

I also never said they don't know how to play either. I think they play very well as a team. I just said their overall skill level and athleticism in this game makes it suck that Giannis can't get more run when he has the highest ceiling and is the most explosive player in the game. If you asked every GM in the NBA who they like in this particular game and who could reach all star level, they are going to answer Giannis, some will say Saric, and thats it. Anyone else would be thought of as a bench player at best in the NBA. That is the cold hard truth.

Oh and btw, I am actively rooting for your team so its not like I have something against the Greek team. I just want our guy to get more playing time since he has the most potential and he is OUR guy who plays on our team.
taybot14
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#628 » by taybot14 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 10:19 am

bigkurty wrote:
Greek wrote:
bigkurty wrote:

That's true but the opposite is also true, some players in nba who are not bench players, in Europe would be on bench even if it seems strange. so that's not surprising to see Giannis not playing more minutes, he had already much time for his young age, even if he has a lot of potential, he still has many things to improve. For exemple if Perperoglou could help this summer the national team maybe Giannis would not have been there.
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#629 » by Greek » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:06 am

taybot14 wrote:
bigkurty wrote:
Greek wrote:

That's true but the opposite is also true, some players in nba who are not bench players, in Europe would be on bench even if it seems strange. so that's not surprising to see Giannis not playing more minutes, he had already much time for his young age, even if he has a lot of potential, he still has many things to improve. For exemple if Perperoglou could help this summer the national team maybe Giannis would not have been there.

Giannis would made the team even as the 12th player, to gain experiences plus his above the rim game/athleticism that makes him unique on our team.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#630 » by Dcebucks11 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:52 pm

bigkurty wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

unfortunately for giannis fans Greece is a good team with good vets who could make a serious run in fiba. experience goes a long way in fiba.

giannis is not ready to start, i wish he would do more with the ball than he has but the coach is putting it in the hands of his vet which is understandable. giannis is talented but young and mistake prone. greece is only doing what is best for the team to win game.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#631 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:00 pm

Game On !
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#632 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:09 pm

Fantastic start, what a game.
Greece seems to be keeping the same momentum like they did yesterday, this is gonna be enjoyable.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,938

Post#633 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:35 pm

Giannis having a big impact right now. Although had he layed off on the steal that he just caused following his block by letting one of his teammates gather it, the ball wouldn't have gone loose to Argentina's PG.

Happy to catch some of this game. Missed yesterday entirely (even if Giannis barely played, this Greece team has been great to follow).
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
bankrupt euro
Junior
And1: 132

Post#634 » by bankrupt euro » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:36 pm

In a FIBA court Giannis is just too long and raw to handle the rock, too long and raw to follow guys through screens and too wild and out of control to be a steady performer. In the long run he 'll be fine. For now, he is good enough to play but not for too long. We love him anyway

Sent from my GT-I9082 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Chuck Diesel wrote:Hahahah Kendrick Perkins with his midlife crisis post dunk scream.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#635 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:57 pm

53-33 , Greece is dominating the game.
I hope we get even bigger difference and put Giannis more.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#636 » by JayMKE » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:14 pm

Giannis never gets the ball :(
FREE GIANNIS
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#637 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:24 pm

oh no
GR up 3
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#638 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:35 pm

wow
behind the back pass for the dunk
and to seal the win
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

ZETO ELLAS
ZETO
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#639 » by Beorn » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:37 pm

what a succesion of plays at the end!
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#640 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:37 pm

Wow this almost turned into drama.
Some questionable stuff happen but it doesnt matter as we played a good game and Greece really looks like one of the top 4 team at the moment.
Giannis with 3 blocks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks