ImageImage

If you could tell Lasry and Edens (Edens calls Embiid-pg8)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Re: If you could tell Lasry and Edens (Lasry calls Embiid-pg 

Post#181 » by JustinCredible » Fri May 30, 2014 5:04 am

Edens also said the workouts will be in roughly a week and a half he hopes (with top 3...maybe top 4). He was saying something about bringing some ski guy onto their training staff for a conditioning resource. He was raving about him but I couldn't make it out entirely due to the background noise.

It is possible that Lasry just has Embiid and Parker at the top and that they haven't finalized anything as a group. I didn't want to keep pressing the point. It was very obvious they are really high on Embiid though.

I didn't get why they both said top 3 but hesitated with top 4. Total guess, but I think they don't consider Exum top 3 but might bring him in for Hammond's sake.

I wish I would have connected with you jakecronus and had you ask them about Wiggins to see if their answers would have changed or if everything would have lined up.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Re: If you could tell Lasry and Edens (Edens calls Embiid-pg 

Post#182 » by Zeezprah » Fri May 30, 2014 5:10 am

anybody talk to them about the future of the logo/uniforms at all?
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#183 » by tyland » Fri May 30, 2014 5:14 am

Great info! Thanks for sharing.

The new owners appear to be everything we could have wished for so far. The future does appear to be bright. Couldn't imagine us being in this position 12 months ago. Number 2 pick, no Baddy, no have-it-all, new regime, $200m towards a new arena, game in London, promising rookie campaign by Giannis and rich new owners saying all the right things. Happy days!
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 831

Post#184 » by El Pooch Grande » Fri May 30, 2014 5:15 am

Zeezprah wrote:anybody talk to them about the future of the logo/uniforms at all?

Please ESBF, others, I hope you gave them the print outs of the jersey ideas!

"We are the Champions, my friends"
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#185 » by SkilesTheLimit » Fri May 30, 2014 5:16 am

Zeezprah wrote:anybody talk to them about the future of the logo/uniforms at all?

I'd like to know if they're aware of RealGM.

We know Herb thought 'social media' meant having a chat with Charles Gardner. I'm sure these new guys know how to boot up a PC/Mac.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#186 » by [MIKE C] » Fri May 30, 2014 5:20 am

tyland wrote:Great info! Thanks for sharing.

The new owners appear to be everything we could have wished for so far. The future does appear to be bright. Couldn't imagine us being in this position 12 months ago. Number 2 pick, no Baddy, no have-it-all, new regime, $200m towards a new arena, game in London, promising rookie campaign by Giannis and rich new owners saying all the right things. Happy days!

Yep. Absolutely. I am 100 times happier and more excited about where the Bucks are headed than I was a year ago at this time.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#187 » by LittleRooster » Fri May 30, 2014 5:20 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:

I'd like to know if they're aware of RealGM.

We know Herb thought 'social media' meant having a chat with Charles Gardner. I'm sure these new guys know how to boot up a PC/Mac.

Or bringing interns on here in attempts to persuade us :lol:
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#188 » by JustinCredible » Fri May 30, 2014 5:20 am

I asked and Edens said he likes the alternate logo. Rebranding isn't on their minds right now I don't think. That has to be far down their priority list at this time IMO. They want to upgrade roster, upgrade staff, and upgrade everything else to state of the art. Changing uniforms isn't a big rock. It makes zero difference to a winning culture. In my mind that is how they think. Changing uniforms comes later once the big rocks are taken care of. Right now it is a waste of time and energy that could be spent on more productive matters.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: If you could tell Lasry and Edens one thing tonight..... 

Post#189 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri May 30, 2014 6:11 am

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:ESBF really needs a few more outfits! I understand you want to represent, but this has gotta be like three days in a row of pics in the same damn outfit bro!

Make me a new Save Our Bucks shirt.

That hat was worn for the first time at the Draft Lottery Party.

Also, piss off.

:D
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#190 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 am

The crowd just magically parted for me to get in there and get this shot.

Lasry LOVED the shirt.....and asked for one.

Incredible GAD photobomb. Epic.

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#191 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 am

"We love Milwaukee and we love the Bucks. That's why we bought them"

(crowd goes crazy)

vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#192 » by vlietinho » Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 am

thx all for sharing. Exiting times!
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#195 » by BUCKnation » Fri May 30, 2014 6:33 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Had time to talk to Lasry & Edens both one on one as well as hanging with Alex for awhile.

Also talked to a number of media.

Here's what I got for you

-It's completely fine for us to be bad next season and win 20-25 games, play the young talent that we have if they can win more, cool, if not, another a high pick.

-Bucks need an alpha scorer in the worst way. A leader and a good community guy. (Screams Jabari to me)

-Bucks don't want someone that doesn't want to be here. (Exum?)

-Brandon Knight is not a point guard. That needs to be solved.

-Free agency will be quiet.

-OJ Mayo is dead weight until next summer when he's expiring and if he can rebuild his value

-Larry Sanders is valued and will not be given away.

-The arena deal is getting done. They know what they're doing. Just be patient.

-Steinmiller, Walter, Burr...others....tonight and the next month are their swan song.

Probably biggest one of interest.....Hammond is not making the pick....and Drew is gone.

:reporter:
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#196 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri May 30, 2014 6:43 am

GAD & Nowak are the stars of the JS article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/ne ... 95221.html

You know what? You could actually get used to this," Lasry said with a smile. "It's actually a lot of fun. Everybody has been super-nice. It's a blast. It's not anything we've ever been used to.

"Pretty much nobody knows who you are and then you come here and everybody is thanking you for helping the city."

After taking about 30 minutes to work their way through the crowd, shaking every hand thrust at them and listening patiently to suggestions about which player they should take with the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, Lasry and Edens briefly addressed the fans from a platform.

"Thank you..." Lasry said after Bucks TV announcer Jim Paschke handed him a microphone.

"Thank you!" a voice cried out from the crowd.

"No, thank you, seriously," Lasry said. "This is a night I'll never forget. Thank you for your generosity. We love your ideas. We love the Bucks. That's why we bought the team. It's a dream come true for us."

Though the 2013-'14 Bucks stumbled to a league- and franchise-worst 15-67 record and haven't won a playoff series since 2001, the fans who turned out to catch a glimpse of the new owners were optimistic about the future.

"I'm very happy to meet him," Gerald Jones of Milwaukee said after shaking Lasry's hand. "I'm a lifelong fan. I go back to Sidney Moncrief and Harvey Catchings and Terry Cummings, but I stopped buying tickets. I'm so sick of them losing.

"I'm looking for the new owners to spend some money, like Mark Attanasio did with the Brewers."

Dan Nowak of Milwaukee said, "I feel the energy from the owners."

Perhaps predictably, this crowd was overwhelmingly in favor of public support for a new arena to replace the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

"There are cities lined up to take our team," said Frost Williams of Milwaukee. "We can't let them go. The Brewers' ballpark is awesome and we need that downtown. For people who are naysayers, go away or shut up. There are too many positive people who want to see the Bucks succeed."
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,935

Post#197 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-Bucks need an alpha scorer in the worst way. A leader and a good community guy. (Screams Jabari to me)

Obviously I want the best overall player, but I don't mind their line of thinking here. I like Parker a lot and he could very well be a marriage of best player and best ambassador for our franchise.

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-Steinmiller, Walter, Burr...others....tonight and the next month are their swan song.

Probably biggest one of interest.....Hammond is not making the pick....and Drew is gone.

Thank the lord.
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 831

Post#198 » by El Pooch Grande » Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Had time to talk to Lasry & Edens both one on one as well as hanging with Alex for awhile.

Also talked to a number of media.

Here's what I got for you

-It's completely fine for us to be bad next season and win 20-25 games, play the young talent that we have if they can win more, cool, if not, another a high pick.

-Bucks need an alpha scorer in the worst way. A leader and a good community guy. (Screams Jabari to me)

-Bucks don't want someone that doesn't want to be here. (Exum?)

-Brandon Knight is not a point guard. That needs to be solved.

-Free agency will be quiet.

-OJ Mayo is dead weight until next summer when he's expiring and if he can rebuild his value

-Larry Sanders is valued and will not be given away.

-The arena deal is getting done. They know what they're doing. Just be patient.

-Steinmiller, Walter, Burr...others....tonight and the next month are their swan song.

This is epic news Paul. This board is gonna explode tomorrow when they read the scoop!!!

Also happy to hear more positive Jabari insinuations from them.

"We are the Champions, my friends"
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,935

Post#199 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 am

Thanks for all the info Justin and Eastside, it was all really interesting. Props to the new owners for taking the time for this and answering questions. They sound like everything we could've possibly hoped for.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#200 » by cinematographer » Fri May 30, 2014 7:02 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Drew is gone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNK-cl_yHIU[/youtube]

Return to Milwaukee Bucks