Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,293

Re: Milwaukee Bucks SOB/Real GM Podcast 

Post#81 » by KidA24 » Thu Oct 2, 2014 5:15 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:do people listen to podcasts? i find them very difficult to read at work and at home i'd rather stare at Scarlett's left hand on tv

You don't read them you listen to them. Most phones handle them easily, download and listen. Or stream.

I know i was joking a bit there, can't really listen to them at work, don't want to use data to listen to them in the car and when I do sit down at home i'd rather watch/listen to eye candy

Step 1: Get a program like Pocket Casts on your phone -- yes it's like $4 but it's worth it.
Step 2: Subscribe to your favorite podcasts. Save only the last 5 episodes (or however many you want)
Step 3: Set them to download only on wifi
Step 4: Listen at your convenience.
Step 5: Profit on the knowledge you've gained by not listening to 1250.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,044

Post#82 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 2, 2014 5:17 pm

I try to listen to the Filmdrunk Frotcast every week. Can't at work because I'll laugh my face off, but it's perfect to download and listen to while walking, golfing or playing some mindless videogame.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#83 » by humanrefutation » Thu Oct 2, 2014 5:35 pm

Stuff You Should Know is always an excellent podcast that I'd highly recommend. WTF with Marc Maron is pretty good too.

If you're looking for a free podcast app, use podkicker. It's free. It's ridiculously easy to use. And you can download podcasts onto your phone to listen at your leisure.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#84 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Oct 2, 2014 5:52 pm

I use the iTunes podcast player. It's extremely easy. I listen to about a dozen podcasts. They usually download in the morning and already to play at my convienence.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#85 » by REDDzone » Thu Oct 2, 2014 6:03 pm

Beyondpod has always worked for me, free of course.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#86 » by step3profit » Thu Oct 2, 2014 6:14 pm

Anyone know any particularly good fantasy basketball podcasts?

I just started listening to "Red Rock Fantasy Basketball", starting with their Milwaukee Bucks preview. Seems pretty OK. Was a little surprised to hear the host and this episode's guest are both Australian... you guys sure love your basketball.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#87 » by step3profit » Thu Oct 2, 2014 6:15 pm

Also, since we're talking about podcast clients, I like Overcast for iOS. It cost a few bucks though. If you are just dipping your toes into podcasts there's no good reason to use anything but a free player until you know if it's your thing or not.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#88 » by gbmb34 » Thu Oct 2, 2014 11:09 pm

best fantasy basketball podcast IMO is the CBS Sports one. Just stay far away from the ESPN one. It's horrendous.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#89 » by BuckHole » Fri Oct 3, 2014 12:42 am

I really like the Brew Hoop podcast, lots of smart talk and very little mindless, bad-joke blather -- they stick to Bucks talk. However, I wish they were more consistent.

If this podcast you speak of comes to fruition, please follow Adam Carolla's lead and please BE CONSISTENT. What I mean is if it's a weekly podcast, don't miss a week; be dependable entertainment. Additional ideas: Use twitter so people can be alerted when you're recording and allow call-ins from listeners.

Good luck! I look forward to consistent, interesting, and frequent Bucks talk by non-wannabe comedians.

Once you have a loyal following, you can add advertisements and bring in some dollars.

Podcast names suggestions:
Milwaukee Buckets
Bucks Fanatics
Buck Talk
Bucks' Bandwagon
Buck it!
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#90 » by DanoMac » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:24 pm

What are the best Bucks/NBA/NFL/general sports podcasts out there? Started my new job on Monday and I'll be damned if I have to listen to Wickett and/or Bill Michaels one more day
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#91 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Oct 3, 2014 6:40 pm

DanoMac wrote:What are the best Bucks/NBA/NFL/general sports podcasts out there? Started my new job on Monday and I'll be damned if I have to listen to Wickett and/or Bill Michaels one more day

not sure on buck specific but my favorite basketball one is the starters, it was better when they were the basketball Jones but still good imo. The Lowe Post on grantland is great.

For NFL I like both the dameshek and rich eisens podcasts on the NFL network and grantlands is pretty good too. Ross tuckers is hit or miss but worth checking out.

For fantasy I would stick with cbs for both football and basketball.

Hope you guys get the bucks one started I will for sure give a listen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Milwaukee Bucks SOB/Real GM Podcast 

Post#92 » by BuckHole » Fri Oct 3, 2014 11:03 pm

DanoMac wrote:What are the best Bucks/NBA/NFL/general sports podcasts out there? Started my new job on Monday and I'll be damned if I have to listen to Wickett and/or Bill Michaels one more day

I like Jalen and Jacoby and Bill Simmons' BS Report. Also, Brew Hoops is a terrific Bucks theme podcast.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Post#93 » by nmeurett » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Eastsidebucks fan any updates on this? Season is a week away and local radio is hardly talking Bucks at all.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#94 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:52 pm

nmeurett wrote:Eastsidebucks fan any updates on this? Season is a week away and local radio is hardly talking Bucks at all.

Our timeline got pushed back due to some unavoidable things, but we are still moving forward with this.

I don't think we'll have one done before the season starts, but shortly after.

Definitely stay tuned.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#95 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:19 pm

REDDzone wrote:Beyondpod has always worked for me, free of course.

I use this as well, think I bought it a few years back though, and it works pretty well. I don't have a ton of subscriptions, just Wilde, GnG Today, Rodgers Show, LAW (Wrestling), and then Dave Ramsey (finance). I had ESPN/NBA, Rich Eisen, etc but never listened. I'd like a good Bucks one.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#96 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:24 pm

BuckHole wrote:

I like Jalen and Jacoby and Bill Simmons' BS Report. Also, Brew Hoops is a terrific Bucks theme podcast.

I don't know how that Brew Hoop one escaped me all of this time... Subscribed to that one just now.
LTD
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#97 » by LTD » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:34 am

I am a podcast fanatic. There is something about being able to choose what you listen to versus the random stuff you get on the radio. Here are my favorites:

BS Report
BrewHoop
Bucksketball
Locked on Jazz (if you want analytics pretty good listen)
Jalen & Jacoby
The Lowe Post
Drive & Kick SB Nation
RealGM Radio
The Starters (hit or miss)
Sheridan Hoops Radio (hit or miss)

I subscribe to everything through the Podcast app on iPhone. Everything is free.
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#98 » by JHSFIVE » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:38 am

Grantland NFL podcast is really good if yA haven't heard it
OVERREACT
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#99 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:07 pm

So as of now are these the only (2) Bucks focused podcasts?

BrewHoop
Bucksketball

I just subscribed to BrewHoop, seems pretty good. I'll have to see if I can get Bucksketball. I'll give Simmons, Lowe a shot too.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#100 » by fam3381 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:32 pm

In case it would be of any help:

Steve von Horn has done the dirty work on our podcasts for a few years; we always use Skype, and back when Steve had a PC he used Pretty May call recorder to record and Audacity for editing. When he switched to a Mac he had to find a new recorder which he paid a small amount to use...there are probably some free ones that work just as well but that's what he used.

http://www.prettymay.net/callrecorder/
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/

We've always used Podbean for hosting...tried BlogTalkRadio a couple years ago but the quality was notably worse so we stuck with Podbean. We have to pay because we use too much bandwidth, but it's not too bad. Our iTunes syndication goes through Podbean as well.

Good luck and let me know if there's any way we can help/support/get the word out.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks