Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Roland Brice
Banned User
And1: 2,705

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo 

Post#221 » by Roland Brice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:03 am

cinematographer wrote:
Roland Brice wrote:Hey Bucks fans,

Raps fan here. I really like what your team is turning out to be and I just wanted to give you props first hand because our respective franchises know the struggle, although you guys have a great history unlike my Raps. I really like what Giannis is turning out to be and it was rumored Ujiri was hell bent on getting a pick for him last year but didn't succeed. Anyways, our loss is your massive gain, this kid is the next special talent in this league, I think the world of him. I also really like Larry Sanders and think he can be a force if he works hard and keeps the off-the-court issues to a minimum. I have you guys as my surprise team to make the playoffs, I think you'll be that young team that gives a high seed hell in the first round, then just grow from that.

I'd like to get a Giannis jersey (preferably swingman or better), but I don't know where to find it. I've searched Ebay and couldn't seem to find a seller shipping to Canada. If anyone knows of a local store who ships internationally, or any seller where I can get one online I'd appreciate it. I'd probably be the only guy repping Giannis north of the border. :D

We're probably getting new uniforms shortly, so unless you really like our current look it might be wise to wait.

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Re: Gardner: 'Giannis Antetokounmpo Getting His Shot at PG' 

Post#222 » by trwi7 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:50 am

Local store with Bucks gear that ships internationally. lulz, you can barely find Bucks gear here.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
GBBucks
Rookie
And1: 710

Post#223 » by GBBucks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:19 am

FWIW, they still have some B Jennings, Maggette and Ellis shirts in the bucks nba store
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#224 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Roland Brice wrote:

Ay wee bey
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Roland Brice
Banned User
And1: 2,705

Post#225 » by Roland Brice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Roland Brice wrote:

Ay wee bey

You're the first person to notice that since I've been on RealGM, good catch!
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#226 » by breakchains » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:17 am

The Giannis hype is definitely not limited to Bucks homers. Plenty of NBA junkies are in love. For example, whoever this guy is - don't think he's a Bucks fan but is clearly an NBA junkie like some of us

[tweet]https://twitter.com/walkerbeeken/status/490279194421501952[/tweet]

Just pulled that one as one of the top results from a twitter search just now. All you have to do is look at other message boards or twitter and you'll see that people are genuinely more than intrigued by Giannis.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#227 » by REDDzone » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:32 am

GBBucks wrote:FWIW, they still have some B Jennings, Maggette and Ellis shirts in the bucks nba store

Maggette lol. Thanks, I think I had repressed that memory.

Hammonds gonna Hammonds.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#228 » by bondom34 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:25 am

Hey guys, haven't seen a ton of your SL games, has Kidd been doing this? I can't wait to catch your games on league pass this year, good luck!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
GBBucks
Rookie
And1: 710

Post#229 » by GBBucks » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:15 am

bondom34 wrote:Hey guys, haven't seen a ton of your SL games, has Kidd been doing this? I can't wait to catch your games on league pass this year, good luck!

He's been sitting in the bleachers unfortunately.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#230 » by breakchains » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Good read re: Giannis

LAS VEGAS -- It was a Monday in the middle of January, and the Milwaukee Bucks were on the road in the midst of a losing streak. Giannis Antetokounmpo stood on the sideline after morning shootaround, answering questions for a magazine piece. Only a couple of months into his career, on a team that would wind up with the worst record in the league, this was already the norm. His story, his name and his exuberant personality meant people couldn't get enough of him.

At the other end of the court, Bucks center Larry Sanders sat behind the basket and discussed his 19-year-old teammate. The previous season, his own emergence was Milwaukee's best story, but the buzz didn't match what was generated by the rookie nicknamed the Greek Freak and the Alphabet Man. Sanders knew Antetokounmpo's life had completely changed from when he was playing in Greece's second division to being discovered, drafted and thrown directly into the fire. He noticed how much Antetokounmpo wanted to succeed, and he did what he could to make him make him feel at home.

"He's the kid," Sanders said. "He's our kid. He's our little baby brother. Oh, yeah [laughs]. He's still sheltered from some stuff. But me, I just try to stay in his ear. I just try to stay around him, stay with positive words because he's pretty hard on himself. I think he's his biggest critic, which is good, but I don't want him to get too hard on himself when he makes a mistake because he's still young."

Sanders continued: "You can see it. He makes a mistake, if he messes up a play, we can kind of see it in his demeanor, he's really upset with himself. And after the games, he doesn't like to lose so you can see it. He's sitting there, thinking about what he can do better. I can tell."

More here. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... ew-heights
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,841

Post#231 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 pm

breakchains wrote:Good read re: Giannis

LAS VEGAS -- It was a Monday in the middle of January, and the Milwaukee Bucks were on the road in the midst of a losing streak. Giannis Antetokounmpo stood on the sideline after morning shootaround, answering questions for a magazine piece. Only a couple of months into his career, on a team that would wind up with the worst record in the league, this was already the norm. His story, his name and his exuberant personality meant people couldn't get enough of him.

At the other end of the court, Bucks center Larry Sanders sat behind the basket and discussed his 19-year-old teammate. The previous season, his own emergence was Milwaukee's best story, but the buzz didn't match what was generated by the rookie nicknamed the Greek Freak and the Alphabet Man. Sanders knew Antetokounmpo's life had completely changed from when he was playing in Greece's second division to being discovered, drafted and thrown directly into the fire. He noticed how much Antetokounmpo wanted to succeed, and he did what he could to make him make him feel at home.

"He's the kid," Sanders said. "He's our kid. He's our little baby brother. Oh, yeah [laughs]. He's still sheltered from some stuff. But me, I just try to stay in his ear. I just try to stay around him, stay with positive words because he's pretty hard on himself. I think he's his biggest critic, which is good, but I don't want him to get too hard on himself when he makes a mistake because he's still young."

Sanders continued: "You can see it. He makes a mistake, if he messes up a play, we can kind of see it in his demeanor, he's really upset with himself. And after the games, he doesn't like to lose so you can see it. He's sitting there, thinking about what he can do better. I can tell."

Larry "Locker Room Cancer" Sanders
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#232 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Trade Larry in a salary dump immediately.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#233 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Giannis is probably going to be injecting the marijuana before long.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Nycballa2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 356

Post#234 » by Nycballa2k » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:05 am

breakchains wrote:Good read re: Giannis

ugh please get this thug away from Giannis he is such a bad influence
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,841

Post#235 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:11 am

Then you hear stories about how some of the vets last year were jealous of Giannis and the attention he was getting. No wonder Larry wanted to beat Gary Neal's b*tich ass.
30whales
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#236 » by 30whales » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 am

Just curious, how do you guys value Giannis? Like what type of trade would it take to get him? I am a huge fan of his and slowly becoming a Bucks fan from afar especially now since you guys added KButter.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#237 » by breakchains » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 am

30whales wrote:Just curious, how do you guys value Giannis? Like what type of trade would it take to get him? I am a huge fan of his and slowly becoming a Bucks fan from afar especially now since you guys added KButter.

Untouchable. Not worth even discussing.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#238 » by bullox » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 am

30whales wrote:Just curious, how do you guys value Giannis? Like what type of trade would it take to get him? I am a huge fan of his and slowly becoming a Bucks fan from afar especially now since you guys added KButter.

He and Parker are basically the franchise right now. So if you have a spare franchise laying around, maybe we can make a deal.
30whales
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#239 » by 30whales » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:54 am

bullox wrote:

He and Parker are basically the franchise right now. So if you have a spare franchise laying around, maybe we can make a deal.

Fair enough. I am not expecting a trade of him to the Warriors or any other franchise I just want to know how he is valued. I love his game and am excited to watch him this season!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#240 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:00 am

He's worth more to Milwaukee than he would be to other franchises. There are dozens of better players right now, obviously, but there are only a handful of players MKE might trade him for. Upside, age, uniqueness, flashes of extraordinary ability and maybe more than anything: his fondness for the team and community make him almost untouchable. The Bucks are hoping he realizes his potential and becomes their Dirk.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks