ImageImage

ATL: Lottery reform is likely coming, and it's terrible.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Re: ATL: Lottery reform is likely coming, and it's terrible. 

Post#161 » by Diggr14 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Wiggins will take a minimum of 5 years to be anywhere near Love's level. I honestly doubt he ever gets there.

You make that trade all day, all night if youre Cleveland. Your window is the next 5 years with LeBron. Wiggins is tremendously overrated.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#162 » by machu46 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:21 pm

I liked the idea someone threw out awhile ago about basically penalizing a team if they are constantly in the bottom 3, much like teams are penalized if they are constantly above the luxury tax.

I think the idea was basically that if you finish bottom 3 3 years in a row, you are no longer eligible to win the lottery for that 3rd year or something like that, so even if you finished with the worst record, your best case scenario for that 3rd year would be drafting 4th.

This crap where suddenly everyone has a pretty good chance of winning the pick is a horrible idea. I honestly don't believe we should change the lottery system at all. Sure, you'll occasionally have 1 or 2 teams tank, but is that really any different from any other sport? The tweaks that they're proposing only compound the problem by giving more teams a better chance of winning the lottery if they can tank enough to be in that position.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Post#163 » by Plossum » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:07 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Plossum wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Just going to put this out there so everyone can laugh at me but I feel like McBuckets is going to be an absurd 3 point shooting outlier like Steph Curry and he's going to have a huge impact on the league.

Hmmm I see him more being an outlier in the mold of Steve Novak or Korver. But I think ultimately he's going to struggle against defences that can take his shot away. Not sure he has much else to his game.

He's got a very good post game and can shoot with the tiniest opening from 30 feet. He's hardly a stationary set shooter. I don't see him being adequately guarded with standard defense.

Couldn't you say the same about Jimmer though (well, minus the post game part). Or even Redick?

Not saying he won't be a useful player but his athletic limitations will hurt his effectiveness in the NBA. He doesn't have the height someone like Dirk does to compensate for his lack of athleticism.

But then, he could reach the heights of one of the NBA's all-timer white guys: Detlef Schrempf!
#LockUpChuck
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#164 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:52 pm

I don't think Hammond has ever looked more like Brick Tamlin.

Did they need to use graphics like they are wishing a 5 year Happy Birthday?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/fswisconsin/status/490506351618293761[/tweet]
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#165 » by BuckHole » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 pm

I don't get it. I'm reading Cavaliers trading Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a future #1 for a Kevin Love with one year left on contract. Why wouldn't the Wolves get this done now before anything changes?! And why wouldn't the Cavs simply wait until next year when Love is free to sign with Cavs without having to give up anything?!!! I don't get it. Someone help me understand this situation. Why not Cavs play with current roster and play for development and then next year play to compete?
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#166 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:02 pm

I refuse to believe that Flip is turning down Wiggins and Bennett for Love.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,569

Post#167 » by Profound23 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:08 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NIdlrXNHlI[/youtube]

Just deal with it!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#168 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Plossum wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Plossum wrote:
Hmmm I see him more being an outlier in the mold of Steve Novak or Korver. But I think ultimately he's going to struggle against defences that can take his shot away. Not sure he has much else to his game.

He's got a very good post game and can shoot with the tiniest opening from 30 feet. He's hardly a stationary set shooter. I don't see him being adequately guarded with standard defense.

Couldn't you say the same about Jimmer though (well, minus the post game part). Or even Redick?

Not saying he won't be a useful player but his athletic limitations will hurt his effectiveness in the NBA. He doesn't have the height someone like Dirk does to compensate for his lack of athleticism.

But then, he could reach the heights of one of the NBA's all-timer white guys: Detlef Schrempf!

Nah I'm watching and getting the same "well that's a terrible shot for anyone else" vibe that comes with Curry. I don't see the athletic limitations either. Well obviously he won't make it as a slasher but for his role he's got plenty of pep in his step. :D Plus he's a great passer when someone tries to help when he's coming off screens. /Summerleague.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#169 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I don't think Hammond has ever looked more like Brick Tamlin.

I feel obliged to quote this post.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#170 » by stellation » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:I refuse to believe that Flip is turning down Wiggins and Bennett for Love.

If he turns that down and they end up losing Love for nothing then fans have every right to have him minced and turned into a juicy lucy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Insomniaac
Rookie
And1: 994

Post#171 » by Insomniaac » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:28 pm

BuckHole wrote:I don't get it. I'm reading Cavaliers trading Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a future #1 for a Kevin Love with one year left on contract. Why wouldn't the Wolves get this done now before anything changes?! And why wouldn't the Cavs simply wait until next year when Love is free to sign with Cavs without having to give up anything?!!! I don't get it. Someone help me understand this situation. Why not Cavs play with current roster and play for development and then next year play to compete?

Not sure why the Wolves wouldn't get this done asap either. As far as the cavs go, it's in their best interest to get him now because if they trade for him they can sign him to a longer term/more lucrative deal next offseason and go over the cap to do it. There's no guarantee he'd pick the cavs as a UFA when every team besides the wolves could give him the same deal. It also lets Cleveland start taking shots at the title immediately. I don't see Lebron leaving but remember he could be outta there after this year if he wants. Securing Love now would likely go a long way to ensure Lebron stays long-term as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,651

Post#172 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Evan Turner is poop.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/491323198030364674[/tweet]
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#173 » by Newz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Neither had/has the hype of Wiggins and Wiggins plays a similar position. If I were him I'd embrace the kid and mold him. If he can help develop him into a superstar and hand over the reigns to him he'll be even more beloved in Cleveland.

No need to be defensive, just something I noticed. If I were him I'd take the supportive vet approach rather than ignore the kid all together.

He played with Wade and Bosh. Don't think he's really all that threatened by Wiggins.

Just my opinion.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#174 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Wiggins will take a minimum of 5 years to be anywhere near Love's level. I honestly doubt he ever gets there.

You make that trade all day, all night if youre Cleveland. Your window is the next 5 years with LeBron. Wiggins is tremendously overrated.

To be fair, it took love a minimum of five years to get to Kevin love level.

LOL at calling the 19 year old athletic freak number one overall pick overrated before he's played a minute in the league.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#175 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Newz wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Neither had/has the hype of Wiggins and Wiggins plays a similar position. If I were him I'd embrace the kid and mold him. If he can help develop him into a superstar and hand over the reigns to him he'll be even more beloved in Cleveland.

No need to be defensive, just something I noticed. If I were him I'd take the supportive vet approach rather than ignore the kid all together.

He played with Wade and Bosh. Don't think he's really all that threatened by Wiggins.

Just my opinion.

True, but Bosh and Wade were his puppets and buddies. I think he can win titles with Wiggins and co.
Do it for Chuck
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#176 » by Newz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:True, but Bosh and Wade were his puppets and buddies. I think he can win titles with Wiggins and co.

I wouldn't give up Wiggins + Bennett + Future 1st for Love when he is about to leave Minnesota either. I wouldn't give up Wiggins period.

I really like Kevin Love as a player. But even if they acquire him I still don't think they are winning it all. Their offense would be incredible, but they'd have no one to protect the rim. Love isn't Bosh, he isn't transforming himself into some stud defensive player... he's just going to continue to be bad at that end.

Maybe I'm underestimating guys like old AV and Tristan Thompson.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#177 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:03 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/491659044403175424[/tweet]
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#178 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 pm

I'd hold onto Wiggins hard, but if Minny demanded him and Love came with the understanding he'd extend, I'm sending Wiggins to Minny. LeBron is nearing 30.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#179 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I don't think Hammond has ever looked more like Brick Tamlin.

I feel obliged to quote this post.

I share the same birthday month as Hammond? Ewwwwwwwww
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#180 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/491673095875223552[/tweet]

Zaza

Return to Milwaukee Bucks