ImageImage

OT: Video Gaming Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#261 » by ACGB » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:52 am

Sauce Boss wrote:Anyone playing Divinity: Original Sin?

I've played quite a bit. Although it has its flaws it's a great game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,044

Post#262 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:11 am

Installed the Homebrew channel on the Wii U. Playing SFII. Weird but awesome how combos you knew in your sleep 20 years ago still happen without even having to think now. Actraiser is next.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#263 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Installed the Homebrew channel on the Wii U. Playing SFII. Weird but awesome how combos you knew in your sleep 20 years ago still happen without even having to think now. Actraiser is next.

How do I install Homebrew? I thought I read it was an app for the Wii menu, but I don't currently have a Wiimote.
#FreeChuckDiesel
fearthebucks2
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#264 » by fearthebucks2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 pm

I've been hooked on this game for a few days. It's a GM simulator game with scouting, drafts, trades, fully like the NBA, pretty cool.
It's called basketball gm
http://play.basketball-gm.com/l/7/message
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#265 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:52 pm

Some movies are hitting this weekend (Guardians of the Galaxy) and it's the State Fair, but I'm anticipating a long weekend of gaming (hopefully). What is everyone playing this weekend? I'm probably going to continue Divinity: Original Sin and I just picked up Monument Valley on sale for my Android tablet. Other than that, I might dabble in Skyrim for the first time in awhile and check out The Red Solstice.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#266 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:57 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Some movies are hitting this weekend (Guardians of the Galaxy) and it's the State Fair, but I'm anticipating a long weekend of gaming (hopefully). What is everyone playing this weekend? I'm probably going to continue Divinity: Original Sin and I just picked up Monument Valley on sale for my Android tablet. Other than that, I might dabble in Skyrim for the first time in awhile and check out The Red Solstice.

I picked up D:OS yesterday. The biggest thing for me with these long ones is getting through the first few hours, and I hear the intro for this game is a frustrating slog. Might be a tough one to get into.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#267 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Some movies are hitting this weekend (Guardians of the Galaxy) and it's the State Fair, but I'm anticipating a long weekend of gaming (hopefully). What is everyone playing this weekend? I'm probably going to continue Divinity: Original Sin and I just picked up Monument Valley on sale for my Android tablet. Other than that, I might dabble in Skyrim for the first time in awhile and check out The Red Solstice.

I picked up D:OS yesterday. The biggest thing for me with these long ones is getting through the first few hours, and I hear the intro for this game is a frustrating slog. Might be a tough one to get into.

It's been slow, I have to admit, but a few early moments shine promise for later -- mainly the way spell combinations work. To quote Phil over at Polygon:

Philip Kollar wrote:At one point, I found myself fighting a tough boss who absolutely wrecked my melee fighters when they got in range. Smarting from my most recent defeat, I decided to play it safe and strategic. First my main tank rushed in with an ability that knocks enemies down. While the boss recovered, the tank got out of its range, and my archer shot the enemy with an ice arrow, freezing him in place. Then my magic caster summoned a massive rain cloud, giving the boss the "wet" status effect, just before shooting him with a lightning bolt that now did significantly more damage.

It's a complex CRPG that is deep and rewarding with time, so I'm willing to stick with it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#268 » by ACGB » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:09 am

Once you get into the swing of the murder investigation and better understand how to approach battles the game will pick up. Some advice: Talk to everyone, including the animals. Pet Pal is a useful perk. Save very often. Finally, remember that this game isn't random encounters and enemies to fight are limited. It's in your best interest to take down every bad guy you see in order to keep up in experience.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#269 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 6, 2014 7:34 pm

The Last of Us Remastered has been a lot of fun so far. Really gripping; excellent graphics.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#270 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm currently about 5 hours into D:OS. I'm really enjoying it so far. I am looking forward to it picking up, though. It should soon - I'm almost done exploring Cyseal for what it's worth at this point.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#271 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Aug 7, 2014 12:37 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I'm currently about 5 hours into D:OS. I'm really enjoying it so far. I am looking forward to it picking up, though. It should soon - I'm almost done exploring Cyseal for what it's worth at this point.

I'm still figuring out the murder lol, I like that there hasn't been much hand holding but it could pick up a little bit, though I'm sure it will.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#272 » by DanoMac » Thu Aug 7, 2014 3:33 am

Wish I would have downloaded Blacklight: Retribution sooner
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#273 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:20 pm

i think my life can basically be categorized as Life Before Cookie Clicker, and Life After Cookie Clicker.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#274 » by chuckleslove » Fri Aug 8, 2014 9:01 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:i think my life can basically be categorized as Life Before Cookie Clicker, and Life After Cookie Clicker.

It's like playing Diablo 2 all over again
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#275 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Aug 8, 2014 10:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:i think my life can basically be categorized as Life Before Cookie Clicker, and Life After Cookie Clicker.

I've now been playing this for 20 minutes since I got home from work.

I hate you.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#276 » by drew881 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 10:51 pm

Addicting. Very nice simple idea for a game.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#277 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:59 pm

If you are a PC gamer, Steam has a free weekend for three games: Insurgency, Nosgoth, and Strike Vector. I'd suggest checking out Nosgoth, as it is a fun 4v4 humans against vampires third-person shooter to kill time with. It'll be f2p, but it's in early access right now for a cost. You can get in for $2.50 this weekend, I'd say that is worthwhile as it is basically pennies. Strike Vector is also interesting, but it is kind of a hardcore blend of a flight sim and a twitch shooter. It's an interesting indie game that is worth checking out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#278 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm up to 1.6 billion CPS.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#279 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Jesus. I thought my 360 million CPS was alright.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#280 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:13 am

2.8 billion now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks