ImageImage

OT: Video Gaming Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

KingCammo
Veteran
And1: 50

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#481 » by KingCammo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:42 pm

The Giannis rating is right. He averaged 7 points a game guys. His rating will be good at some point, just not now. I hope he has a high potential rating though.

How like life.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#482 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 pm

chuckleslove wrote:
WRau1 wrote:I don't think I've ever played an MMO thinking that it would be fun on the way to max level, it's always a race to end game. Only MMO I've ever enjoyed on the way to lvl cap was Final Fantasy Realm Reborn.

I enjoyed WoW classic the first time through, but I agree with the overall sentiment and every expansion was just a grind to get back to max level.

Ultima Online, which didn't even really have "levels," was fun on the way to maxing out IMO. Loved that game for many years.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#483 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:12 am

KingCammo wrote:The Giannis rating is right. He averaged 7 points a game guys.

PPGZZZ!!!!
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#484 » by mattg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:49 am

VooDoo7 wrote:

PPGZZZ!!!!

What would you rate Giannis in ball security, consistency, and each shooting category? Those are IMO his weakest areas right now that have the greatest negative impact on his game.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#485 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:58 pm

mattg wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

PPGZZZ!!!!

What would you rate Giannis in ball security, consistency, and each shooting category? Those are IMO his weakest areas right now that have the greatest negative impact on his game.

Judging by other guys' ratings, I think Giannis should be a 76-77. Apparently his potential ratingis quite high (deservedly so)...so that makes you wonder how low he's rat in other categories.

Here's a few guys who that have rated the same overall:

J. Bayless
S. Napier
L. Mbah a Moute
K. Perkins
J.J Barea
A. Gordon
M. Dunleavy

C'mon.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#486 » by chuckleslove » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:53 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:
WRau1 wrote:I don't think I've ever played an MMO thinking that it would be fun on the way to max level, it's always a race to end game. Only MMO I've ever enjoyed on the way to lvl cap was Final Fantasy Realm Reborn.

I enjoyed WoW classic the first time through, but I agree with the overall sentiment and every expansion was just a grind to get back to max level.

Ultima Online, which didn't even really have "levels," was fun on the way to maxing out IMO. Loved that game for many years.

I didn't play UO but one of my good gaming friends who I went to college with played it a lot and spoke highly of it.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#487 » by H2tObes » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Meh, if Giannis plays well this year his rating should update dramatically throughout the season.

And its a video game rating that the developers put close to no thought into. Who cares?
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#488 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 pm

H2tObes wrote:Meh, if Giannis plays well this year his rating should update dramatically throughout the season.

Same goes for every player. But that's not the point.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#489 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:31 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Meh, if Giannis plays well this year his rating should update dramatically throughout the season.

He averaged 7/2/4 last season and shot 41% from the field. I'm surprised he's rated as high as he is.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#490 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:33 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

He averaged 7/2/4 last season and shot 41% from the field. I'm surprised he's rated as high as he is.
And I'm sure that's all 2K looked at too when rating him.

Look at the players I listed. You think he's in the same tier as them?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#491 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:34 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Same goes for every player. But that's not the point.

And I'm sure that's all 2K looked at too when rating him.

Look at the players I listed. You think he's in the same tier as them?

I'm surprised he's not on a lower tier.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#492 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:08 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
mattg wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:PPGZZZ!!!!

Judging by other guys' ratings, I think Giannis should be a 76-77. Apparently his potential ratingis quite high (deservedly so)...so that makes you wonder how low he's rat in other categories.

J. Bayless
S. Napier
L. Mbah a Moute
K. Perkins
J.J Barea
A. Gordon
M. Dunleavy

C'mon.

Potential =/= Higher Rating

Most of those guys won't get any better than their current rating (other than Gordon). The rating is pretty balanced for franchise purposes and according to his actual play last year versus our expectations.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#493 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:56 pm

I've had some incredibly frustrating Madden losses these past few days. I came this close to chucking my controller at the tv a few times this weekend.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#494 » by DanoMac » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I've had some incredibly frustrating Madden losses these past few days. I came this close to chucking my controller at the tv a few times this weekend.

Yeah man...she'll do that to ya.

Defensive tip- Hit L2 pre-snap when you're on D and you can guess whether it's going to be a run or pass (don't guess unless you're certain what it's going to be). If you're getting beat on crossing route, or passes in the middle (99% of the time) after you guess pass, hit triangle and hit the right stick down (to cover undearneath).
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#495 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Just pre-ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS on Amazon to get it at my door day one. I've been tempted to order a Wii U for the console version too this winter, but pretty sure it isn't worth it without any roommates to play local games consistently.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#496 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
mattg wrote:What would you rate Giannis in ball security, consistency, and each shooting category? Those are IMO his weakest areas right now that have the greatest negative impact on his game.

J. Bayless
S. Napier
L. Mbah a Moute
K. Perkins
J.J Barea
A. Gordon
M. Dunleavy

C'mon.

Most of those guys won't get any better than their current rating (other than Gordon). The rating is pretty balanced for franchise purposes and according to his actual play last year versus our expectations.

No it isn't. The problem we have with it is that we are assuming he has a high potential rating, but looking at last year his potential was like 70. We think they have people who look into this, but the truth is that the way they look at it is they rate players based on team performances. Thats why players like neal, butler, mayo didn't decrease in ratings while giannis, middlton, henson and Rad suffered. as long as the bucks were the worst team in terms of "ratings" they didn't touch the rosters. Thats why we people who are pissed at what giannis is rated.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#497 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:55 pm

DanoMac wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I've had some incredibly frustrating Madden losses these past few days. I came this close to chucking my controller at the tv a few times this weekend.

Yeah man...she'll do that to ya.

Defensive tip- Hit L2 pre-snap when you're on D and you can guess whether it's going to be a run or pass (don't guess unless you're certain what it's going to be). If you're getting beat on crossing route, or passes in the middle (99% of the time) after you guess pass, hit triangle and hit the right stick down (to cover undearneath).

I've been using the triangle adjustments presnap more and more. They are definitely really useful. I haven't tried the run/pass guess. Mostly, I've been adjusting based on audibles when I have a solid idea as to what they're going to do, but that could be even better. Thanks for the tips.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#498 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:09 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Judging by other guys' ratings, I think Giannis should be a 76-77. Apparently his potential ratingis quite high (deservedly so)...so that makes you wonder how low he's rat in other categories.

J. Bayless
S. Napier
L. Mbah a Moute
K. Perkins
J.J Barea
A. Gordon
M. Dunleavy

C'mon.

No it isn't. The problem we have with it is that we are assuming he has a high potential rating, but looking at last year his potential was like 70. We think they have people who look into this, but the truth is that the way they look at it is they rate players based on team performances. Thats why players like neal, butler, mayo didn't decrease in ratings while giannis, middlton, henson and Rad suffered. as long as the bucks were the worst team in terms of "ratings" they didn't touch the rosters. Thats why we people who are pissed at what giannis is rated.

Was it a 70 at the beginning of the year or at the end of the year with updates? That probably be something to look into. I don't own a console presently so I wouldn't know. Yet, from playing 2k for ten years, I'd say a 74 is pretty reasonable.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#499 » by mattg » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:06 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:

Middleton and Henson are rated higher this year than last year, significantly better. Those other guys didn't change because they haven't changed as players. Gary Neal was the same rating when he went from SAS to the bucks and he's still the same rating because he's still the same chucker with the same skillset. Team performance really doesn't factor into rating players at all.

The Giannis rating was bad last year no doubt, but i can't blame 2K for being cautious with an 18/19 year old coming from a low level league who then averaged pedestrian numbers on the worst team as a rookie. He showed tremendous flashes obviously, but the consistency to garner a high rating simply isn't there, he hasn't done anything to deserve a higher rating than where he's at right now.

In any case, it's still going to be easy to do work with Giannis in the game. Hell, you could do it last year despite his ball skills being rated like a (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#500 » by neiLz » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Got Madden a month ago... Played it a few times until destiny came out.. Just got to level 18 on destiny. it's fun, reminds me of Halo, jumping around shooting aliens. I was getting bored with it til i hit level 15 when i started getting rare drops. The game is actually fun now running missions and getting drops. once i hit 20 though i dont think ill play the multiplayer as those are not too fun for me. Fifa came out today too so i have to start playing that until nba2k15 lol!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks