ImageImage

2014-2015 rotation?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Nycballa2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 356

Re: 2014-2015 rotation? 

Post#101 » by Nycballa2k » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:37 pm

I nominate "14% is close to 20%" for dumbest justification for an incorrect statement I've seen in a long while
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Re: 2014-2015 rotation? 

Post#102 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:29 pm

Bernman wrote:I think Middleton is one of the most underrated players in the NBA right now. Listen to opposing fans talk about him. They act like he's garbage, when he shot 41+% from 3 with poor service, and plays decent defense. Those attributes go a long way in the NBA by themselves, nevermind what he could provide with development as still a pretty young guy. It shouldn't shock anyone in the know if he reaches around a Rip Hamilton level in the league.

That said, I would like an alternative to him at shooting guard, like Burks, and then short and long term at the 2 we could go with whoever appears better and supports the pieces closer to the core. But trading Middleton for him would just be shuffling the deck we already have. And Middleton would be a particularly terrible player to do that with considering how underrated he is around the league right now. He's like Sanders and Ilyasova who wouldn't net near the return we'd deserve right now, so he's probably not an ideal guy to trade at this point, in addition for the reason we need long-term sg prospects like he is. Instead I think better players to move right now would be Henson, Knight, and maybe Wolters, to fortify our long-term guard outlook. Even though they are guards, I don't think Knight or Wolters should be projected into the team's starting lineup a few years from now.
I think Middleton is under valued by fans on these boards but I bet he's not by NBA gms. He might actually have more trade value than Henson and knight. Guys who can hit the 3 ball have never been more valuable than they are right now.

I would personally keep Middleton because the bucks need shooting. But I do think if the bucks aren't comfortable matching a rather large contract next summer then they should cash in the asset now. If he plays well this year he's gonna get paid next summer because of his age.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks