ImageImage

Larry Sanders

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User
And1: 24

Re: Larry Sanders 

Post#61 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I think all great bigs, especially shot blockers, get in foul trouble from time to time. Sure Larry fouls, but its not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Last season, per 36, he was good for 75th in the league for fouls per 36. And the out of position on defense stuff is a joke, he is one of the most disciplined defenders in the league. Just about the only time he is out of position is when he has to recover for laughable perimeter defense and is forced to challenge at the rim. Literally the only thing you can even criticize him on his defense in he struggles against size occasionally. The complaining to ref stuff really has no merit either. Your boy Brandon Knight went to the Brandon Jennings school of roll on the ground for 5 seconds and cry for a foul after every layup attempt as well. All players complain about foul calls, Larry doesn't do it any more than another. Aside from the occasional outburst, which he obviously should tone down, he's no worse then someone like Knight in that regard. Hell, you were advocating for a guy in Lance Stephenson who is even WORSE in that regard. So yeah, I think all your arguments about Sanders are Woelfel level laughable. He is EASILY one of the best overall defenders in the entire league. It's not even debatable.

TL;DR - Criticizing his defense means you know nothing about the NBA, you are right he needs to tone down his antics on the court but it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Last Season LOL He hardly played LOL Lets look at the true facts. Not made up silliness. 2012/2013 Larry Sanders played 71 games. He had 14 technical fouls and was tied for 3rd most. If he had played as many games as the two players above him we would have lead the league in technical fouls. He led the league in ejections with 5. He also had the highest total of personal fouls in the league per 48 minutes with 5.8. Here is the link so you can see I am not making things up http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... /year/2013

This proves Larry Sanders is an idiot trouble maker and a cancer to a poistive winning atmosphere.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#62 » by blazza18 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:55 am

Well hey, at least you read the stats right this time. So kudos. Still doesn't mean he's a cancer though.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#63 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:07 am

blazza18 wrote:Well hey, at least you read the stats right this time. So kudos. Still doesn't mean he's a cancer though.

Do you watch the games sir? Every game he pulled one of his stunts it really hurt the team. Positive things quickly went the other way. A positive Basketball team environment is what had made San Antonio so successful over the past 15 years. Having players who are disruptive both on and off the court hinder this environment greatly. Just watching Sanders body language shows he doesn't think he as a problem at all and it is everyone else's problem. I dont think he will ever change because he doesn't think he is doing anything wrong.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#64 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:09 am

Sanders wasn't the worst per 48, and was even under a guy like Roy Hibbert who was a monster defender as well.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#65 » by cinematographer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 am

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I think all great bigs, especially shot blockers, get in foul trouble from time to time. Sure Larry fouls, but its not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Last season, per 36, he was good for 75th in the league for fouls per 36. And the out of position on defense stuff is a joke, he is one of the most disciplined defenders in the league. Just about the only time he is out of position is when he has to recover for laughable perimeter defense and is forced to challenge at the rim. Literally the only thing you can even criticize him on his defense in he struggles against size occasionally. The complaining to ref stuff really has no merit either. Your boy Brandon Knight went to the Brandon Jennings school of roll on the ground for 5 seconds and cry for a foul after every layup attempt as well. All players complain about foul calls, Larry doesn't do it any more than another. Aside from the occasional outburst, which he obviously should tone down, he's no worse then someone like Knight in that regard. Hell, you were advocating for a guy in Lance Stephenson who is even WORSE in that regard. So yeah, I think all your arguments about Sanders are Woelfel level laughable. He is EASILY one of the best overall defenders in the entire league. It's not even debatable.

TL;DR - Criticizing his defense means you know nothing about the NBA, you are right he needs to tone down his antics on the court but it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Last Season LOL He hardly played LOL Lets look at the true facts. Not made up silliness. 2012/2013 Larry Sanders played 71 games. He had 14 technical fouls and was tied for 3rd most. If he had played as many games as the two players above him we would have lead the league in technical fouls. He led the league in ejections with 5. He also had the highest total of personal fouls in the league per 48 minutes with 5.8. Here is the link so you can see I am not making things up http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... /year/2013

This proves Larry Sanders is an idiot trouble maker and a cancer to a poistive winning atmosphere.

This proves Larry Sanders is an idiot trouble maker and a cancer
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#66 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:21 am

Gery, can I get your opinion on Gerrard Bayfield?

I can understand not liking Larrys antics, but your letting it cloud your judgement on him as a basketball player severely.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#67 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:32 am

blazza18 wrote:Well hey, at least you read the stats right this time. So kudos. Still doesn't mean he's a cancer though.

Nah, he still didn't read them right.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#68 » by blazza18 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:38 am

Well damn. You give the man some kudos and then realise he's lying to make a point again.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#69 » by ejn1214 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:38 am

BUCKS4LIFE if you are going to be a troll, can you at least be funny. This type of trolling isn't all that amusing.
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#70 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:45 am

Not going with the crowd = trolling. OK I'm troll then. Fact is Larry Sanders and his 44 million over the next 4 years is going to set the Bucks back in the same way Dan Gadzuric set back this team a few years ago. One more stupid off the court incident like last season and Sanders will be nearly untradeable. He has value now so why take the risk?
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#71 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:51 am

Larry didn't play much last season. Pretty much everyone on here recognizes that he is incredibly valuable on the court. Clearly not you though....if Larry has a few more seasons like 12-13 he might go down as one of the better defenders of this decade, yes I'm willing to risk his fixable issues for that kind of productivity
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#72 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:04 am

H2tObes wrote:Larry didn't play much last season. Pretty much everyone on here recognizes that he is incredibly valuable on the court. Clearly not you though....if Larry has a few more seasons like 12-13 he might go down as one of the better defenders of this decade, yes I'm willing to risk his fixable issues for that kind of productivity

Even with the defense he adds as you speak of, that only means something if he not riding the bench because he is in foul trouble. Secondly if you take, the technicals, personal fouls, and boner plays the points you save from his defense the opponents get from him anyway in foul shots and free baskets. Add in the environment of players trying to keep him from doing stupid things and you really dont gain much with him at all. I actaully think it sets the team back more than it does good.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#73 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:13 am

And that opinion is patently absurd.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#74 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am

Not liking Larry and wanting him off the team can be argued. Saying he isn't a high impact player is just being willfully ignorant.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#75 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:18 am

AussieBuck wrote:Not liking Larry and wanting him off the team can be argued. Saying he isn't a high impact player is just being willfully ignorant.
No his impact is both good and bad at high levels. I feel the bad is much more of a problem.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#76 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 am

Are you confusing Larry with Javale McGee or something?
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#77 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Not liking Larry and wanting him off the team can be argued. Saying he isn't a high impact player is just being willfully ignorant.
No his impact is both good and bad at high levels. I feel the bad is much more of a problem.

Feelings are cool, fact is his impact is significantly positive.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#78 » by Ayt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:00 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:no reasonable bucks fans want to get rid of him unless we get proper compensation in return.

proper compensation being any other team in the league willing to assume his contract correct?

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#79 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:21 am

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:Not going with the crowd = trolling. OK I'm troll then. Fact is Larry Sanders and his 44 million over the next 4 years is going to set the Bucks back in the same way Dan Gadzuric set back this team a few years ago. One more stupid off the court incident like last season and Sanders will be nearly untradeable. He has value now so why take the risk?
the best bet with Larry is keeping him and hoping he gets his head on straight. You mention trading him while he still has value but realistically they would get 25c on the dollar in a trade if they could actually trade him and even that is debatable. It's not like they should clear his salary to let Hammond spend it. That a much more frightening thought than Larry being on this team next yr.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks