ImageImage

ATL: World Wide Windhorst says Love to Cleveland now 99%

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: ATL: World Wide Windhorst says Love to Cleveland now 99% 

Post#541 » by bigkurty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 am

Bernman wrote:Everybody is an individual, but my experiences with Arizonans is not very positive, especially on the sports' front. I can't think of more aggressively delusional groups toward Badger fans than Sun Devil and Wildcat fans. I'm sure many of those fans are Suns' fans, and we see the carry over.

Then there is the delay in recognizing MLK day and attempted circumventions of the constitution to discriminate against Latinos.

My brother moved down to Arizona to teach, and while he likes the opportunity to make a difference and the weather, he complains about the culture down there frequently.

I guess the culture has seeped into the personality of the Suns' GM who thinks he should not only be able to break up a verbal agreement, but also in the process "trade up" and nab Kevin Love or an all-star for a restricted Eric Bledsoe who carries limited proof, an injury risk, and a big price tag. Regardless of what happens from this point on, the aggressively delusional sect of Suns' fans who posted here were emphatically wrong. The Suns never wanted him at near the max, that's in part why they acquired Ennis and Thomas, and to wit packages like Henson and Knight were always more than fair. Whether a GM who thinks he should get Love for Bledsoe would accept it is another matter. We aren't exactly dealing with a pragmatic guy. He might just let Bledsoe take the QO out of foolish pride.

Wow, way to generalize a group of people. What do you think about African Americans or Asians? I'm interested :roll:
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,475

Post#542 » by Bernman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 am

bigkurty wrote:Wow, way to generalize a group of people. What do you think about African Americans or Asians? I'm interested :roll:

It was clearly labeled as a generalization. I qualified that everybody is an individual. It only applies to someone personally if it applies to them. Culture permeates, making a proneness to one type of behavior or another more likely (but still doesn't have to be assumed). You'd be remiss to ignore that fact.

The comparison to races/ethnicities is ridiculous. They are exactly that. Separate from a culture, which is a concept of nurture, not nature.

C'mon, there was cause for my generalized conclusion, and you hear that often times about Florida too ("there is something in the water there"). Nothing to get defensive about. The recent history is what it is in those states. If you defend it, you are condoning it. Just be part of the sensible side.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#543 » by emunney » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 am

Taken as a group, U of A undergrads are the dumbest I've ever been around. I also loved Tucson.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#544 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:36 am

emunney wrote:Taken as a group, U of A undergrads are the dumbest I've ever been around. I also loved Tucson.

That's why my cousin went to Arizona State even though he's from Tucson. :reporter:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#545 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:49 am

Revenge of the Nerds was filmed at the U of A, exterior shots at least. Nerdddssss. /Ogre
Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#546 » by emunney » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 am

trwi7 wrote:
emunney wrote:Taken as a group, U of A undergrads are the dumbest I've ever been around. I also loved Tucson.

That's why my cousin went to Arizona State even though he's from Tucson. :reporter:

I've heard ASU is way worse. They don't turn anybody away.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM

Post#547 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:11 am

emunney wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I've heard ASU is way worse. They don't turn anybody away.

That was part of the joke but I also put the reporter emoticon there because he went to the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications, one of the better journalism schools in the country and pretty much the only thing that keeps ASU from being a high school for 18-21 year olds.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

bigkurty
General Manager

Post#548 » by bigkurty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:25 am

Bernman wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Wow, way to generalize a group of people. What do you think about African Americans or Asians? I'm interested :roll:

It was clearly labeled as a generalization. I qualified that everybody is an individual. It only applies to someone personally if it applies to them. Culture permeates, making a proneness to one type of behavior or another more likely (but still doesn't have to be assumed). You'd be remiss to ignore that fact.

The comparison to races/ethnicities is ridiculous. They are exactly that. Separate from a culture, which is a concept of nurture, not nature.

C'mon, there was cause for my generalized conclusion, and you hear that often times about Florida too ("there is something in the water there"). Nothing to get defensive about. The recent history is what it is in those states. If you defend it, you are condoning it. Just be part of the sensible side.

What exactly do you think the culture is like here? Have you ever been here for any length of time? And generalizing any fan base is just dumb IMO. Every fan base has smart educated fans, **** talking fans, dumb fans etc. just go read jsonline comments or listen to callers on wssp. There are plenty of morons in WI. And fwiw, I've lived in both places and I'd never move back. I personally like it way better here. Less people drink and drive. People are in better shape. People are more educated here on the average. Yeah they don't have any elite schools academically but I know plenty of extremely smart ASU grads who make a heck of a lot of money and have achieved a lot of professional success. People here are slightly more entrepreneurial in general imo. Meanwhile everyone I personally know from the University of Wisconsin when I went there have had average professional success up to this point. My sample size is the people I know so it's relatively small however that's my experience with each. And honestly, college is extremely overrated anyway when it comes to making people successful. But if you guys want to keep considering yourself elite to AZ people, go ahead. It's just an uneducated opinion imo.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#549 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:31 am

Arizona employs Tony LaRussa. Don't need another reason to hate that state.

bigkurty
General Manager

Post#550 » by bigkurty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:37 am

trwi7 wrote:Arizona employs Tony LaRussa. Don't need another reason to hate that state.

And Kirk Gibson :nonono: so many people are transplants here though that when you go to a game, half the stadium is full of opposing team fans.
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#551 » by Buckrageous » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:53 pm

bigkurty wrote:What exactly do you think the culture is like here? Have you ever been here for any length of time? And generalizing any fan base is just dumb IMO. Every fan base has smart educated fans, **** talking fans, dumb fans etc. just go read jsonline comments or listen to callers on wssp. There are plenty of morons in WI. And fwiw, I've lived in both places and I'd never move back. I personally like it way better here. Less people drink and drive. People are in better shape. People are more educated here on the average. Yeah they don't have any elite schools academically but I know plenty of extremely smart ASU grads who make a heck of a lot of money and have achieved a lot of professional success. People here are slightly more entrepreneurial in general imo. Meanwhile everyone I personally know from the University of Wisconsin when I went there have had average professional success up to this point. My sample size is the people I know so it's relatively small however that's my experience with each. And honestly, college is extremely overrated anyway when it comes to making people successful. But if you guys want to keep considering yourself elite to AZ people, go ahead. It's just an uneducated opinion imo.

Wow, way to generalize a group of people. What do you think about African Americans or Asians? I'm interested
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#552 » by bullox » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Definition of trolling right there/\
Buckrageous
Starter

Post#553 » by Buckrageous » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:24 pm

bullox wrote:Definition of trolling right there/\

How so?
bigkurty
General Manager

Post#554 » by bigkurty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 pm

By being a giant douche
Buckrageous
Starter

Post#555 » by Buckrageous » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:33 pm

bigkurty wrote:By being a giant douche

Whew!!! Im just glad you didnt call me a turd sandwich, that would have been terrible.

Im not the one who chastised someone for making blanket statements about people living in and area of the country right, including equating it with racism, right before I made a post making blanket statements about an area of the country. I just pointed out the hypocrisy to which you responded with name calling. If pointing out your BS makes me a "giant douche" what does that make you?
bigkurty
General Manager

Post#556 » by bigkurty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Not a douche. My generalizations were about the culture ;) But you have a point, fair enough
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,938

Post#557 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:00 pm

I_Never Lied wrote:Captain Jack can't really rap but he has the nuts of an Elephant.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBltgfK-U3k[/youtube]

First Step wrote:He basically just compared playing in the NBA to being a slave in America.

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,374

Post#558 » by M-C-G » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Is this the generalization thread?

I've got all sorts of stuff about mother in laws I am dying to post somewhere...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,063

Post#559 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Unfortunately we probably need to shut this one down until we have some ATL news. Then someone start a new thread.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks