ImageImage

ATL: What are the 76'ers going to do with that cap space?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Re: ATL: What are the 76'ers going to do with that cap space 

Post#121 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Sep 6, 2014 4:37 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Why do we still bring this guy up? Most delusional "Bucks Fan" I've ever seen.

I was generally kidding but someone with the handle 'benultimate' sharing that Monroe would be a good fit with Sanders precluding the rebuttal of him being a bad fit for the franchise, reminded me of that tweet.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#122 » by emunney » Sat Sep 6, 2014 4:44 pm

drew881 wrote:Haven't watched the Simmons podcast, but wouldn't a S+T Bledsoe for Rondo pretty much be great for both teams?
Rondo makes 12.9 mil. I'm not a CBA wiz by any means, but couldn't you do Bledsoe on the 5 year deal starting at that salary, give him close to what he wants, and pull off that deal? I would imagine Phoenix would have a good chance to re-sign Rondo. And Bledsoe would be a nice building block for the Celtics, with four interesting athletic guard-forwards in Smart, Bledsoe, Young and Avery. Maybe too much of the same thing, if there is a criticism there.

I don't think you can give five year deals on sign and trades anymore.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#123 » by jr lucosa » Sat Sep 6, 2014 5:12 pm

Does Monroe even start this year? Maybe SVG knows they aren't going anywhere and runs out a born to fail frontcourt of Smith/Monroe/Drummond, but they brought in the vet role players this off-season which usually signals playoff push. Wouldn't be surprised to see Monroe play a career low MPG, which will lead to lower box score numbers, which is mainly what he has going for him.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#124 » by cinematographer » Sat Sep 6, 2014 8:52 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
cinematographer wrote:
benultimate wrote:I actually think Monroe would be a great fit next to Sanders. He's not the missing piece that makes us contenders though, so do not want.

Monroe is nobody's missing piece.

Apparently Ben Miller is a Cavs fan.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/benmiller/status/495361915519238144[/tweet]

Actually laughed out loud. Thank you.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#125 » by Badgerlander » Mon Sep 8, 2014 1:50 pm

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jour ... media.aspx
The NBA and its network partners expect to reach an agreement in principle on new long-term media deals by the start of the regular season, according to sources on all sides of the discussions.

Talks have progressed so rapidly that details are emerging on a massive agreement that would see the league’s annual rights fee more than double, with ESPN and Turner combining to pay more than $2 billion per year on average. One source said ESPN already has committed to pay “well over” $1 billion per year, and Turner is not far behind for a media rights extension that would kick in with the 2016-17 season.

As part of the current eight-year deals that end in June 2016, ESPN pays $485 million per year and Turner pays $445 million per year on average, bringing the league’s total take at just less than $1 billion per year.

But that figure would be dwarfed in a new deal that several sources pegged as an eight-year pact, though one source with knowledge of the talks said it ultimately could end up running nine years.

A final deal might not be signed or announced before the new season, but talks with ESPN and Turner are advanced enough that sources said there is little chance the NBA will carve out a third package for another network, like Fox Sports or NBC Sports. ESPN, in particular, has been adamant during negotiations that the NBA not develop a new package to sell to a competitive sports network, sources said.

The NBA cannot talk to other networks until the middle of next year, when ESPN and Turner’s exclusive negotiating window runs out. Barring an unforeseen snag in the ongoing negotiations, all sides expect new deals to be signed well before that happens.

The new agreements are expected to mirror the current ones in many ways. While many believe the league and its TV partners could fashion an agreement by the season opener on Oct. 28 — with a formal announcement likely to come weeks or even months later — several issues are left to be resolved, such as what to do with live streaming rights. The NBA wants to explore the NFL’s model, where streaming rights are sold separately. The NFL sold streaming rights to Verizon as part of a four-year, $1 billion deal that runs through the 2017 season. ESPN and Turner are balking at such a plan, saying that they need streaming rights to the games they produce.

One network source called a separation of those rights a “nonstarter.”

Streaming rights have been part of every TV rights deal (other than in the NFL) for the past several years, and the cable industry’s TV Everywhere streaming push continues to be a priority for networks and distributors.

While the league wants to retain control over its live streaming rights, one source said any new deal will likely include additional digital rights to the networks.

“That includes more video highlights and digital packages,” the source said.

The league and networks have reached broad agreement on several points. ESPN will retain rights to the NBA Finals championship series, which will remain on ABC. Turner will keep its exclusive Thursday night franchise and NBA All-Star Game coverage.

Turner also will continue to manage the NBA’s digital assets, which include NBA TV, NBA League Pass and NBA.com. Over the past 18 months, other properties, such as NASCAR and the PGA Tour, have taken their digital rights back from Turner. But it would be more difficult for the NBA to take its digital rights back since they are combined with NBA TV and with League Pass, the league’s out-of-market package.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#126 » by Badgerlander » Mon Sep 8, 2014 2:21 pm

:lol:

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#127 » by Badgerlander » Mon Sep 8, 2014 2:51 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/508987974189858816[/tweet]

Spoiler:

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,847

Post#128 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:10 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Image
:lol:

That's great.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,075

Post#129 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:23 pm

Doc--probably should do a new ATL on the TV deal. Highlight it for people. Is ridiculous huge news.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks