Bucks Expect To Keep Larry Sanders Part Of Future Plans

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Bucks Expect To Keep Larry Sanders Part Of Future Plans 

Post#1 » by Lippo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:12 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ture-Plans

Great news, we need a little crazy on this team.

Elite rim protectors are hard to come by.

Too Bad ..Soo Sad... Gery

oh and we signed little Milsap as well.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Re: Bucks Expect To Keep Larry Sanders Part Of Future Plans 

Post#2 » by drew881 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:13 pm

to a tryout contract.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#3 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Pssshhh, who needs "elite rim protection" anyways? Dump Larry for a late 1st and some expiring contracts before he regresses further cuz 2012 was a fluke.

On a more serious note, this was the obvious course of action to take. We were never going to cut bait on a guy we just invested $44 million in after just one down year. Thankfully, I don't see the FO pulling a Goodell and caving to public pressure, or in this case, the vocal minority (Gery) that's calling for Larry's head.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#4 » by Badgerlander » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Yep. Posted here yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1344565&start=40
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Lippo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Yep. Posted here yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1344565&start=40

Its nice having some dedicated threads, some chat is buried in FIBA talk or Stadium talk, topics I could care less about.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#6 » by averageposter » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:53 pm

I like that the story lines of this off season are trending towards guys we want to keep, vs guys we can't wait to be rid of. It feels kind of strange though to not be plotting the trades of a half dozen veterans.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Lippo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Larry seems like the kind of player that will play much better if he has the support of the fans, He has a high ceiling and a low floor, and which one comes out will be largely determined by the support he gets.
LARRY, LARRY, LARRY lets get behind him...
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#8 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Lippo wrote:Larry seems like the kind of player that will play much better if he has the support of the fans, He has a high ceiling and a low floor, and which one comes out will be largely determined by the support he gets.
LARRY, LARRY, LARRY lets get behind him...

Larry has a fragile psyche and is easily rattled.

I would encourage fans to send words of support thru twitter.

If you don't have anything nice to say to him, just leave him alone.

It seems to affect him more than the usual.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#9 » by ampd » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:20 pm

averageposter wrote:It feels kind of strange though to not be plotting the trades of a half dozen veterans.

We still have those guys though.

Having Parker / Ersan / Henson all of whom deserve a shot at big minutes at the 4 (not to mention JOB and Inglis) is still a situation that is best resolved with a trade. Same thing with having Zaza who will take minutes from Henson at the 5.

Same problem at PG with Knight / Bayless / Marshall / Wolters , and SF / SG with Giannis / Dudley / Middleton / Parker / Inglis / Mayo / Bayless.

We once again have vets (and for that matter a lot of players in the same caliber) that could easily end up taking development minutes from our young guys. Middleton showed some progress last year, but how much time is he really going to get over Dudley / Mayo / Bayless (not to mention Giannis and Parker) at the 2/3? Let alone someone like Inglis getting in the games.

We'd absolutely be best served by some trades.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#10 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:23 pm

This was the vibe I got when I spoke with a front office employee earlier this week. Not surprised at all because it's the smart thing to do. And we no longer have an elderly idiot running the franchise.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#11 » by eagle13 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 pm

ampd wrote:
averageposter wrote:It feels kind of strange though to not be plotting the trades of a half dozen veterans.

Having Parker / Ersan / Henson all of whom deserve a shot at big minutes at the 4 (not to mention JOB and Inglis) is still a situation that is best resolved with a trade. Same thing with having Zaza who will take minutes from Henson at the 5.

Same problem at PG with Knight / Bayless / Marshall / Wolters , and SF / SG with Giannis / Dudley / Middleton / Parker / Inglis / Mayo / Bayless.

We once again have vets (and for that matter a lot of players in the same caliber) that could easily end up taking development minutes from our young guys. Middleton showed some progress last year, but how much time is he really going to get over Dudley / Mayo / Bayless (not to mention Giannis and Parker) at the 2/3? Let alone someone like Inglis getting in the games.

Every team has that problem. But you make a bigger deal out of it than it is.
Few teams play their 2nd rd picks their first year. Don’t even include JOB or Inglis in your worry. Wolters is a role guy – he sits w/o much complaint. Mayo isn’t going to complain after his disaster last year. Dudley will get spot minutes as 10th man if he’s not traded. That leaves Zaza who I agree should be dealt and probably will be pretty easily.

9 man rotation
Sanders-30 / Henson-18
Ersan-28 / Parker-12 / Henson-8
Parker-20 / Middltn-28
Knight-30 / Bayless-14 / Giannis-4
Giannis-28 / Marshall-20

Parker-32
Giannis-32
Sanders-30
Knight-30
Middleton-28
6-Ersan-28
7-Henson-26
8-Marshall-20
9-Bayless-14

10-Dudley – spot minutes if not traded
11-Zaza – spot minutes but most likely traded for 2nd
12-Mayo – untradeable – 10th man if Dudley is traded
13-Wolters – role
14-JOB – 2nd rdr – no worry
15-Inglis – 2nd rdr – no worry

Wright – NG contract makes roster if Dudley is traded
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#12 » by averageposter » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:36 pm

ampd wrote:

No doubt we would. But maybe because they haven't played yet I'm hoping they will do the right things by and large. I do think its possible those vets take the spots we want them to at the end of the bench. At least I believe its more likely than years past. Though if its important to anyone that JOB or Inglis get burn early than there will be disappointment.

I do feel Ersan gets moved eventually and I think he has value. I may be in the minority on him but I believe a good deal is out there for him when they are ready to pull the trigger.

I don't think Dudley gets any minutes at least not sustained significant minutes nor that he's owed any coming over in a true salary dump by the Clippers. It feels different than say had we signed him anyway.

The 1/2 and Bayless/Mayo is the only one I personally worry about veterans pillaging major minutes but for me that's more about what we have not cementing themselves with a legitimate claim.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#13 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:41 pm

that morway interview is an endorsement of nothing. it sounded like he stuttered then gave the pat answer when asked about larry. after that he quickly moved on to the rest of the guys.

im going to keep my hopes up hes moved by the deadline this season. hopefully he wont play awful and can stay out of trouble that long.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#14 » by mcfromage » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:56 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:This was the vibe I got when I spoke with a front office employee earlier this week. Not surprised at all because it's the smart thing to do. And we no longer have an elderly idiot running the franchise.

What else'd ya get?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#15 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:03 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:that moray interview is an endorsement of nothing.

I agree. This was not an in-depth interview. Almost seemed like the blogger caught Morway in the hall or something.

It doesn't mean they won't keep and start Sanders, but that entire interview wasn't breaking ground anywhere in any of the questions or answers.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#16 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 pm

mcfromage wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:This was the vibe I got when I spoke with a front office employee earlier this week. Not surprised at all because it's the smart thing to do. And we no longer have an elderly idiot running the franchise.

What else'd ya get?

There was a whole thread on it. Check back on the main page.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#17 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Seems like all the players like being his teammate, they treat each other like brothers. Which is always good

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks