12 and worse
54%

Total votes: 92

cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Re: Your Milwaukee Bucks expectations.. 

Post#21 » by cinematographer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:50 pm

The young guys playing meaningful minutes, and meaningful minutes together.

From there, hoping for lots of run for Inglis. And for Bayless and Dudley not blocking Wolters and Inglis/Khris.

If the right system is played, we're in the running for the 8th seed with a slightly higher ceiling, or frisky and enjoyable to watch, albeit without a decent number of wins. Really hoping to enjoy this season, and not watch Knight/Mayo/Dudley/Arsen/Zaza line-ups, and I say this as someone who likes Arsen and thinks Knight could be a fairly valuable piece if he cuts out the stupid things from his game.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#22 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Kiddingaround wrote:Best Case: Parker and Giannis show chemistry, Kidd is a good coach, and we flip Ersan, Zaza, and Mayo for picks. Finish 8-12 in East
Worst Case: We go into win-now move, and all arena proposals fall through

personally I feel zaza has great value to a youth movement. but besides him.... the other 2, and every other mefirst vet standing in the way of this youth movement need to be flipped for cash, picks, or sent home inactive.

the under 25 squad needs big minutes and we need one more run at a franchise saver. that needs to be our only 2 goals. right now this roster isn't built for either happening with any assurance..
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#23 » by buckboy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm hoping we win about 20, but I fear it could be more like 30.

IF, big if, Kidd plays the young guys 95% of the time (as others have said), I don't care that much tbh.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#24 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:04 pm

As long as bayless, Dudley and zaza play spot minutes at most, I'm fine with whatever
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#25 » by blazza18 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:27 am

My expectations and hopes are for this team to play the young guys and put itself in position to get another top 5 pick.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#26 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:39 am

I don't care about wins. Just care that mayo, Ersan, and Zaza don't play any significant minutes

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#27 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:39 am

blazza18 wrote:My expectations and hopes are for this team to play the young guys and put itself in position to get another top 5 pick.

Tank?

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#28 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:54 am

Best Case Scenario: Wolters, Giannis, and Parker all show signs of being Future 1st Team ALL NBA Players. Kidd is in on the Tank, and despite their breakout years plays them just a little bit to little for us to win games and we end up with the #1 pick.

Worst Case Scenario: Jabari gets fatter and passes so little he makes Melo look like Magic Johnson. All the veterans have career years and we make the playoffs as the #6 Seed while the young players sit. At the deadline, Hammond deals for Josh Smith and John Salmons.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#29 » by Shaffty » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:18 am

My expectations for this season are way too high. I really think GIannis and Jabari are going to surprise. Especially Giannis.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#30 » by Ayt » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:36 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I expect Khris Middleton to do big things. I think he's going to be awesome and they'll have to find minutes for him.

How can you think that when you've yet to see warm ups from the preseason scrimmage?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#31 » by HKPackFan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:50 am

Now that the Bucks finally seem to have a good solid young core, it's in our best interests as long suffering fans to trade for some Mid-Tier Veterans and try to win now and fight for an 8th seed!

Carlos Delfino anyone??? I hear he likes Milwaukee!! :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#32 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:41 pm

I honestly have zero expectations but am genuinely looking forward to seeing this team. I do hope the team is slightly better than last season. I think it would be discouraging to see a train wreck of that proportion b/c it most likely means Sanders isn't contributing, Henson didn't take any kind of leap, etc. So for me, I'm not really concerned with the end of the year win total as much as I want to see improvements and playing time for the youthful core. If that ends up being an 8th seed in the playoffs, that's cool with me. I think an 8th seed behind Parker & Giannis could actually create some buzz compared to the one a couple years ago.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#33 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:46 pm

cinematographer wrote:The young guys playing meaningful minutes, and meaningful minutes together.

From there, hoping for lots of run for Inglis. And for Bayless and Dudley not blocking Wolters and Inglis/Khris.

I just don't see where the minutes for Inglis are going to come from. I would say Giannis, Dudley, and Middleton for sure are ahead of him at the SF position. I know there is talk of Giannis and Middleton playing some 2 position, but I think Dudley still is a head of him. He is going to have to have a pretty solid preseason and force himself into minutes.

I still don't know why Bayless was brought in. He seems like a veteran that is going to want to play, but the minutes are sparse as is.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#34 » by smauss » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:16 pm

I have no idea, and actually don't really care what their record is this year. Play the kids big minutes, see what we've got, adjust accordingly for next year. The only significant reason that I can think of to find fault in this year is if they don't play the kids enough - period!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#35 » by eagle13 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:49 pm

I expect

PT - Giannis and Parker will play a bunch. As for rest I don't think Kidd will try and play everyone ala Drew - Jason's got to be smarter than that. Whether b/c Kidd likes him or to showcase for trade Ersan will play. Bayless will play since Kidd wanted him.

starting lineup - PG-Giannis SG-Knight SF-Parker PF-Illysova C-Sanders

main subs - Middleton, Henson, Bayless, Marshall,

Fate of excess vets - Zaza, Dudley, Mayo. Unfortunately Mayo is untradeable w/o burning an asset or taking on a worse deal. I don't know if we actually value Dudley or we just got him as part of the deal. He and Zaza should be tradeable.

Wolters, Inglis, OBryant - if you worry about giving 2nd rd picks PT then every team in the league has the problem of excess players. Unless they massively impress in practice you just don't worry about them. They won't complain b/c they are just glad to have made the team. They get their opportunities when primary players get in foul trouble or are injured and garbage time. They play more next year.

BEST CASE - Parker is ROY. Giannis proves a natural PG and at 6'11 is dominant. Knight is perfect at SG with great % and defense. Sanders gets his head on straight and is in top 5 in rebounding and blocks, develops a little offense. Henson bulks up and is another exceptional rim protector. Middleton breaks out. Marshall proves to be awesome backup and slightly improves his shot. Ersan plays well, is traded for lotto-protected 1st.
Just miss playoffs by one seed - defy odds and win lottery. And team from trade is last to qualify for playoffs and Bucks also get their #15 slot

WORST CASE - Parker is tweener medicore - too slow for SF and too weak for PF. No-one masters PG. Knight guns. Giannis tries too hard to distribute and his talent is lost with weak team. Sanders goes totally ballistic, is suspended and Bucks loose any chance of trading him. Henson is only OK with severe limitations.
8th seed - playoffs= exit 1st series - pick 16th
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#36 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:03 pm

I find it a bit annoying that this team is set up for big minutes going to $40 million being spent on...

bayless
mayo
Dudley
ersan
sanders, zaza

and all the jolly ranchers on this board are acting like the new coach and owners aren't going to play them despite every sign pointing to THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

not one dmn trade rumor on a single one them since new management took over. call me nervous and strangely I seem to be the only one.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#37 » by ackypoo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:05 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:and all the jolly ranchers on this board are acting like the new coach and owners aren't going to play them despite every sign pointing to THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

i think everyone is nervous those yahoos will get PT. nobody wants to see it happen tho.

if that does happen, however, it will be a big sign that nothing in this organization has really changed that much. its worst case scenario.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#38 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:08 pm

This is a make or break year for me as a Bucks fan. All I want is the the majority of the minutes to go to the young guys. That's it. If we stink and get another top5 pick, perfect. If we somehow make the playoffs on the backs of the young guys, awesome. I DO NOT want to see anyone over 25yrs old getting minutes unless it's near the deadline and we're showcasing them. We're so damn close to having enough talent to eventually compete, I know I couldn't stand seeing that go down the drain for more Kohl-esque mandates.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#39 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:18 pm

ackypoo wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:and all the jolly ranchers on this board are acting like the new coach and owners aren't going to play them despite every sign pointing to THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

i think everyone is nervous those yahoos will get PT. nobody wants to see it happen tho.

if that does happen, however, it will be a big sign that nothing in this organization has really changed that much. its worst case scenario.

100% its worse case scenario. its also the likely scenario. management has pointed all signs towards it and the depth chart on this team is a clusterfck.

imo our only hope for major minutes across the board for the young guys is if a majority of the vets all self implode again like last year. if we come out even passably competitive I think this board is going to be pulling its hair out over the minute distributions in the pursuit of wins.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#40 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Pro Basketball Talk has us going 25-57 in our season preview.

I think that's a pretty accurate win total to expect from the team for this season. That (likely) gets you a top 6 pick, which I'd be perfectly fine with.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks