OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#1021 » by Badgerlander » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:27 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Warner Bros. Discovery is in talks to merge with Paramount. Max would then merge with Paramount+.

People have had enough paying for multiple streamers. Consolidation makes sense.

I wonder what they will call it. Can't be any stupider than Max.

I vote for Maxamount

DiscoMax? Lol
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,957

Post#1022 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:20 pm

With this mornings news that Bucks and Brewers games on Bally's may be available on Amazon (pending bankruptcy court approval) I am going to revisit dumping Spectrum. I'm in no hurry, I'm guessing they're targeting April for baseball and next season for basketball so I have some time to decide.

There have been a lot of good opinions on here but I'm looking for updated opinions on YouTubeTV, Fubo, DirecTV stream, Hulu with Live TV (I already have Hulu without Live TV) . What I want

Local Channels
ESPN channels
NFL Network AND Red Zone
NBATV
TNT
B10 Network

Good DVR service. I'm assuming all of them let you set recordings and start watching before the event is over. I often record a game and start watching a few minutes after it starts.

Price is a factor but I don't mind paying for what I want as long as it's less than Spectrum.

Based on some light Googling:

Hulu with Live TV - I'm already paying for the Hulu/ESPN+/Disney bundle at $26.95 and it looks like adding Live TV takes it to about $90 (no ads). But it looks like I'd need a sports package for another $10 to get Red Zone (and 6 other channels I'd never watch). But I can't live without Red Zone. They do not have NBATV though nor AMC. No NBATV sucks. So about a $75 increase in what I'm already paying for the Hulu/ESPN+/Disney bundle.

YouTube TV - Similar price, it looks like it's around $73 and also another $10 for a package that includes Red Zone.

DirecTV Stream, looks to be about $75. No NFL Network though and I don't see an option that has it. Additional charge for package with Red Zone.

Fubo - Doesn't look like it has TNT, so no go for me.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,122

Post#1023 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:25 pm

NFL+ Premium has Red Zone and is $14.99 a month.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1024 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:26 pm

BigO wrote:Gentlemen,

PLEASE HELP!!

I need some advice. I'm not as media savvy as 99% of you so keep that in mind.

I pay $260/ month for UVerse, internet and landline. The Uverse is a mid package that does have MAX, but the cost has increased a lot and I can't keep paying this. I need some recommendations. I don't mind streaming stuff since I figured it out, but there's too many choices.

Here's what I like to watch:

Local channels
some cable news
basketball-Bucks, Badgers, Marquette so I probably need access to ESPN and all its iterations, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Bally, TNT, et al. Don't watch much Brewers at all.

The big caveat is I use my DVR a lot, so I do want the ability to record and playback. I can't stay up and watch all these games.

Is there a package you can recommend? Thanks for any help.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1025 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Big O, I had Uverse for a long time and liked them. But they no longer offer it to new people, they stopped adding people in 2020 so their price has gone up and their support has gone down. I switched to cable. But now I'm looking to ditch cable too.

You'll still need internet of course. If your uVerse internet is good enough you can just keep them.

You also mention landline though, I'm not sure what you'll do about that. Perhaps keep internet and phone with ATT and move your TV service elsewhere as discussed in this thread.

Lots of people have good info here.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,016

Post#1026 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:40 pm

YouTube TV would probably fit the bill there, except it doesn't have Ballys. Which you can obviously subscribe to separately, but I'd only recommend that to my ex-wife.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1027 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:11 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:YouTube TV would probably fit the bill there, except it doesn't have Ballys. Which you can obviously subscribe to separately, but I'd only recommend that to my ex-wife.

That's why Bally's being on Amazon is huge.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,016

Post#1028 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:46 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:YouTube TV would probably fit the bill there, except it doesn't have Ballys. Which you can obviously subscribe to separately, but I'd only recommend that to my ex-wife.

That's why Bally's being on Amazon is huge.

True. It'll be interesting to see how much Amazon charges for it.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,287

Post#1029 » by Finn » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Any idea if out-of-state Prime users will be able to watch Bucks' games or does one have to be in the "local" market?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1030 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:14 pm

Finn wrote:Any idea if out-of-state Prime users will be able to watch Bucks' games or does one have to be in the "local" market?

The initial reports are the location restrictions won't change. It's going to be the same as it is today but with Prime now an option along with cable, Fubo and the Bally's app.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1031 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer 

Post#1032 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 10:08 pm

I'm seeing conflicting reports about whether all sports content from all 3 will be on the platform or just some.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,721

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer 

Post#1033 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:13 pm

ESPN wrote:It will include offerings from 15 linear networks -- ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, TNT, TBS, truTV -- and ESPN+.

Lol.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,240

Post#1034 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:04 am

If they just took all of those networks and put them on a package, I'll sign up and drop cable. If they're only offering some of the content, they can **** right off.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1035 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:40 am

humanrefutation wrote:If they just took all of those networks and put them on a package, I'll sign up and drop cable. If they're only offering some of the content, they can **** right off.

That's what's unclear. ESPN is suppose to start their own streaming service this year so it seems odd that they would put all their content on this combo package. On the other hand viewers are getting tired of having so many different streamers that bundling some of them makes some sense. If ESPN is only going to put in their ESPN+ stuff then forget it. Warner has TNT NBA games (for now, that deal expires soon) and TBS baseball, that's about it.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#1036 » by ibanezjp » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:24 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Finn wrote:Any idea if out-of-state Prime users will be able to watch Bucks' games or does one have to be in the "local" market?

The initial reports are the location restrictions won't change. It's going to be the same as it is today but with Prime now an option along with cable, Fubo and the Bally's app.

I had league pass since 2010 living in Texas. This season I canceled league pass and have been using my parents login on the Bally App since they still live in WI. Do you know when they make the switch to Amazon will I still be able to do something similar? Can I pay for the app to get the Bucks games on Bally or is the paid version only offered to people in WI?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1037 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:26 am

ibanezjp wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I had league pass since 2010 living in Texas. This season I canceled league pass and have been using my parents login on the Bally App since they still live in WI. Do you know when they make the switch to Amazon will I still be able to do something similar? Can I pay for the app to get the Bucks games on Bally or is the paid version only offered to people in WI?

No details are out yet
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#1038 » by ibanezjp » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:43 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
ibanezjp wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:The initial reports are the location restrictions won't change. It's going to be the same as it is today but with Prime now an option along with cable, Fubo and the Bally's app.

No details are out yet

How does it currently work? Like can only people in Wisconsin pay for the Bally App and get the Bucks? I’d imagine if paid for it I’d get the Texas teams that use Bally which I believe is like the Dallas Stars.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1039 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:48 am

ibanezjp wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
ibanezjp wrote:

No details are out yet

How does it currently work? Like can only people in Wisconsin pay for the Bally App and get the Bucks? I’d imagine if paid for it I’d get the Texas teams that use Bally which I believe is like the Dallas Stars.

I believe that's how it works, I don't use the app. However it works now will be how it will work on Amazon supposedly. Still has to be approved by the court and then some details and timing should come out.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#1040 » by tski1972 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:55 pm

Cable. We didn’t really know how great we had it until it went away.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks