OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#1001 » by DMBucks22 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 7:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
buckboy wrote:I started the 7 day trial last night on Fubo. It's really user-friendly. I like it a lot.

The biggest thing is the picture quality. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Directv.

You're the first person I know who has Fubo so I appreciate the info. DVR capabilities?

I also signed up for the 7 day free trial last night on FUBO....Bucks game came on instantly. no buffering, clear views. No issues.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1002 » by buckboy » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:21 pm

It's been a couple months.

Love Fubo.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,616

Post#1003 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:30 pm

buckboy wrote:It's been a couple months.

Love Fubo.

Local channels? Which ESPN channels? What about regional college like Big Ten Network, etc? NFL Redzone?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,283

Post#1004 » by soboMP3 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:39 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

Love Fubo.

Local channels? Which ESPN channels? What about regional college like Big Ten Network, etc? NFL Redzone?

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channels

Looks great. If it weren't for the fact that I can split YoutubeTV with my friend, I'd jump to that. I just find a stream for the occasional Bucks/Brewer game I can actually watch. If Bally's wasn't riddled with complaints I'd happily pay the $19.99 for it, but at this point that does not appear to be the case.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1005 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:45 pm

soboMP3 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Love Fubo.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channels

Looks great. If it weren't for the fact that I can split YoutubeTV with my friend, I'd jump to that. I just find a stream for the occasional Bucks/Brewer game I can actually watch. If Bally's wasn't riddled with complaints I'd happily pay the $19.99 for it, but at this point that does not appear to be the case.

The big omission for me is Red Zone (unless I missed it). I love RZ. How can they have Cornhole TV and not RZ? :lol:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#1006 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:45 pm

I really wish TNT sold a stand alone package.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1007 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:51 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I really wish TNT sold a stand alone package.

Hmmm I don't see TNT on the Fubo lineup either. I'd have to pass, no TNT, no Red Zone.

In the next year or two you're going to see a lot more streaming options for individual channels/packages (like ESPN) and then eventually there will be consolidation because people can only pay for so many. And many will just say F it, I'll stick with cable. One price, has what I need.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,845

Post#1008 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 9:00 pm

My parents pay for cable and I remember years ago being able to log in to some website that plays the Bucks games live. Is it Bally?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#1009 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Nov 2, 2023 9:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

Hmmm I don't see TNT on the Fubo lineup either. I'd have to pass, no TNT, no Red Zone.

In the next year or two you're going to see a lot more streaming options for individual channels/packages (like ESPN) and then eventually there will be consolidation because people can only pay for so many. And many will just say F it, I'll stick with cable. One price, has what I need.
I think all the steaming services carry TNT. I just wish TNT sold a stand alone for like 8-10 a month because I don't really watch the other channels offered.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1010 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 2, 2023 9:15 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I think all the steaming services carry TNT. I just wish TNT sold a stand alone for like 8-10 a month because I don't really watch the other channels offered.

I thought so too but I don't see TNT or TBS on the Fubo link that was posted.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,283

Post#1011 » by soboMP3 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 9:16 pm

Streaming services started out so promising. But really if you want all of the things, it seems like cable is going to be the way to go. The one thing I can't wrap my head around with cable, though, (at my parent's place when trying to catch the last few minutes of the Bucks opener) are channel numbers. On YoutubeTV, I just scroll down to TNT in its obvious grouping with other similar channels. I spent several minutes trying to find TNT on their nonsensical Comcast guide and finally turned it on with like 30 seconds left. Get rid of archaic channel numbers.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#1012 » by gbmb34 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:41 am

packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,533

Post#1013 » by RogerMurdock » Sun Nov 5, 2023 5:09 am

soboMP3 wrote:Streaming services started out so promising. But really if you want all of the things, it seems like cable is going to be the way to go. The one thing I can't wrap my head around with cable, though, (at my parent's place when trying to catch the last few minutes of the Bucks opener) are channel numbers. On YoutubeTV, I just scroll down to TNT in its obvious grouping with other similar channels. I spent several minutes trying to find TNT on their nonsensical Comcast guide and finally turned it on with like 30 seconds left. Get rid of archaic channel numbers.

I did a free trial of YouTube TV to see if I wanted to ditch cable. I had the opposite opinion. It was annoying that I had to scroll to find a channel every time. With channel numbers, I can just type in the number on the remote. Obviously, if I switch to YouTube, I'll get used to it and it will go faster.

I do agree, that sometimes the channel order seems nonsensical. With mine, they are at least grouped somewhat. The cable news channels are together, sports tend to be together, etc. Though when channels get added, they stuff them wherever.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,331

Post#1014 » by Gant » Sun Nov 5, 2023 5:11 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Streaming services started out so promising. But really if you want all of the things, it seems like cable is going to be the way to go. The one thing I can't wrap my head around with cable, though, (at my parent's place when trying to catch the last few minutes of the Bucks opener) are channel numbers. On YoutubeTV, I just scroll down to TNT in its obvious grouping with other similar channels. I spent several minutes trying to find TNT on their nonsensical Comcast guide and finally turned it on with like 30 seconds left. Get rid of archaic channel numbers.

I did a free trial of YouTube TV to see if I wanted to ditch cable. I had the opposite opinion. It was annoying that I had to scroll to find a channel every time. With channel numbers, I can just type in the number on the remote. Obviously, if I switch to YouTube, I'll get used to it and it will go faster.

I do agree, that sometimes the channel order seems nonsensical. With mine, they are at least grouped somewhat. The cable news channels are together, sports tend to be together, etc. Though when channels get added, they stuff them wherever.

You can sort your channels on YTTV. It's a useful feature.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#1015 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 10:05 pm

NBA just signed a 1 year deal with Ballys today for the rest of the season with all NBA teams already Bally. Hopefully in 2024 and 25 the NBA can figure their **** out, but I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,760

Post#1016 » by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:10 pm

Not so great in the monopolizing area of things, but if they can broadcast games with the same quality as Thursday Night Football, then I’m in.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1017 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Not so great in the monopolizing area of things, but if they can broadcast games with the same quality as Thursday Night Football, then I’m in.

Read on Twitter

I like their NFL broadcasts. But it sounds as if they would just be streaming the current game broadcasts. I would rather Amazon buy them out rather than partner with them. Then they could do it right. But maybe they'll work with Diamond to actually improve the broadcasts. I watch Bucks/Brewers on cable but it sounds as if streaming games currently is pretty bad.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,083

Post#1018 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:32 pm

I cancelled Ballys last night and swore a lot at whatever intern is running their Twitter help account. Hell will freeze over before I give those **** another dime.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1019 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:36 am

Warner Bros. Discovery is in talks to merge with Paramount. Max would then merge with Paramount+.

People have had enough paying for multiple streamers. Consolidation makes sense.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#1020 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Warner Bros. Discovery is in talks to merge with Paramount. Max would then merge with Paramount+.

People have had enough paying for multiple streamers. Consolidation makes sense.

I wonder what they will call it. Can't be any stupider than Max.

I vote for Maxamount
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks