ImageImage

PG: Bucks lose to Wizards.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Re: PG: Bucks lose to Wizards. 

Post#361 » by turbostef » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:42 pm

I really can not hear it anymore....Giannis was bad, Giannis this and that....

Giannis stepped out of bounds twice and ran into an opponent during a fast break.

Oh my god. Shoot him :banghead:

Did anybody see that he was the only one (except sanders) who was able to guard Nene for exemple?
Box out, rebounding etc.

And I agree that this was not his best game.

Additionally it would be helpfull to tell the kid which position he should play.
We heared about PG, Point Forward, SF, PF even Center has been named.

OK the kid is growing but he should stick to one position and get his minutes there. He must
be developed step by step.

1. Defense --> work on the screen
2. Offense --> work on his 3-point shooting

That's enough for the next 3 months. If this works continue.

If Giannis would have a stable 3-pointer combined with his driving abilitys he would be more than OK
in offense.
If Giannis improves his defense on screens he would be more than OK in defense.

Don't let him dribble too much, don't let him carry the ball, don't force him to midrange j's

There is a reason why the coach of the greek national team said that he does not want Giannis
to get confused about too many position discussions.
That is why he played only SF with the national team.

In the offense he was either 3-point shooting or driving. And we where more than OK with this.

If Giannis would hit 30-40% of his threes he would be a 10/5 Player which is more than OK for a 19 year old kid

Did anybody really think that this kid will not make TO's? Giannis played 2. Division in Greece before going
directly to the NBA! He had one tournament in the youth national team before playing
his first NBA Season.

And to be more precise: He played 2. Division in Greece but only one year with notable minutes.

Basically he came from beeing a part time professional and out of a family with huge financial problems
directly to the NBA.

And to be honest the professionality level in USA College Ball is much higher than the 2nd
Division in Greece.

If you compare Kostas Papanikolaou in his first ever NBA Games at Houston you will clearly see that
he is much more NBA Ready than Giannis because he is 24 already and played several Euroleague Seasons,
several times with the national team and so on.

Although Giannis is in his 2nd NBA Season Papanikolaou performs better than Giannis.

But everybody knows that Giannis will be better than Papanikolaou in short time.

The question is not if but when.

I don't get the strategy of Kidd. Win 20 Games instead of 15 and fall out of the
Lottery without developing the Youngsters?

Get 40 Wins and be an 8 Seed and get killed in first round without developing the Youngsters?

Or play the Youngsters as much as possible and be ready for the next season?

Look at Washington. Everbody is 35+ Years old :lol:
OK they will make the POs. But getting blown out in the 1st or 2nd Round isn't really cool, isn't it?
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#362 » by crkone » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:53 pm

Knight hasn't been the main issue yet. Every game has been different though. The defense was leaving wide open shooters from either the inability to fight through screens, standing around and not finding the open shooter when the ball is being swung, and not switching when the pick was successful. Parker was abused, again, defensively and Henson is terrible at switching. Mayo also has no chance at ever fighting through a screen. Ersan is laughable at PnR defense at least a few times a game. It came down to the Bullets making their open shots and the Bucks missing the majority of theirs.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,621

Post#363 » by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 3, 2014 4:09 pm

skones wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
I never compared his usage to Allen Iversons. I said they have similar play styles that lead to inflated assists numbers.

People don't like to read unfortunately.

Or draw comparisons based on reality, but whatever floats your boat.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#364 » by BobbyLight » Mon Nov 3, 2014 4:57 pm

Maybe this is just me, but I've been okay with what they are doing with Giannis. It has everything to do with his mistakes and has nothing to do with "earning" his time.

Right now I am okay with Giannis because he is not playing within himself, he is pressing so hard to try and do certain things that I think he's getting into a bad area mentally. He both over thinks and doesn't think at all, sometimes within the same possession. I also don't think this has anything to do with playing time. Between stepping out of bounds 4 times in 2 games, he also had 5 or 6 plays where he started to sprint up the court to make a play with the ball... except he forgot the ball.

I am guessing the coaches are trying to get him to just slow down, even if a hair, and let the game come to him more. Right now he is forcing absolutely everything he is doing on the offensive end. Other people see this as a hard on for vets, I see it as the coaches trying to get Giannis more comfortable, something he clearly is not at the moment.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#365 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:40 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Wolters/Marshall/Bayless
Knight/Mayo
Middleton/Giannis/Dudley
Parker/Ersan
Sanders/Henson/Zaza

This should be the rotation.

EDIT: Inglis over Dudley when he's healthy

I agree this should be the rotation. Wolters and Knight worked well last year when they started together and balance each other well.

I would try to trade Dudley, Zaza, Bayless, & Ersan if you get anything of positive or zero value in return.

I would also try to trade Knight, Henson, and Mayo, but only if a team is willing to buy high.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks