ImageImage

Trade Targets (postcript on yesterday-other teams)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Dimitraa
Banned User
And1: 115

Re: Trade Targets 

Post#821 » by Dimitraa » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:48 am

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:I need some bucks rumors.... None from dope woeful

The only Bucks rumour that I believe is that Ersan is on the block and they wait him to play more and showcase so they sell him by the deadline. All the rest about a young wing is bullcrap.

Dragic suitors will be NY LAL and Suns. We definitely have a shot. But I don't want him. :( It's too early to make such moves in my opinion for players Dragic's age.
If however the alternate is to max Knight then ok I guess.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#822 » by imithanos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 pm

McLemore is officially in top 3 of my wishing list
No hay banda.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#823 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:08 am

Ersan Ilyasova, John Henson & Nate Wolters to Detroit for the expiring contracts of Jonas Jerebko, Joel Anthony and Gigi Datome. Extra ten million cleared this summer. SVG gets some more options to tinker with.
Dimitraa
Banned User

Post#824 » by Dimitraa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Ersan Ilyasova, John Henson & Nate Wolters to Detroit for the expiring contracts of Jonas Jerebko, Joel Anthony and Gigi Datome. Extra ten million cleared this summer. SVG gets some more options to tinker with.

What is the point of clearing 10 millions? Are we planning to suddendly become a FA destination and attract superstars?

BTW I made a thread in the trade forum to see what other teams fans may offer us for our players.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#825 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:47 am

It would allow us to take on someone's terrible contract in return for draft picks.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Mihai
Junior
And1: 117

Post#826 » by Mihai » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:00 am

I'd like us to get Kosta Koufos or Mason Plumlee, but the former seems more realistic.

As for PG, Schroeder would do.
JABBAri Parker
Dimitraa
Banned User

Post#827 » by Dimitraa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 am

AussieBuck wrote:It would allow us to take on someone's terrible contract in return for draft picks.

By giving up productive Ersan rookie contracts Henson and Walters? At least give up Mayo and Dudley if you want just to clear cap space.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#828 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:00 am

Dimitraa wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:It would allow us to take on someone's terrible contract in return for draft picks.

By giving up productive Ersan rookie contracts Henson and Walters? At least give up Mayo and Dudley if you want just to clear cap space.

I was just answering your question about the $10 million. I'd happily move just about everyone to get a couple of shots at some lottery talent.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#829 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 am

sadly dont see this team trading any of the vets but i'd love to clear ersan off for a decent young player.. nothing special and an expiring i guess.
Dimitraa
Banned User

Post#830 » by Dimitraa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Dimitraa wrote:

I was just answering your question about the $10 million. I'd happily move just about everyone to get a couple of shots at some lottery talent.

Me too but the reason I asked that question is because that type of move in that post is what a team trying to land a big FA agent does. Giving up unproductive rookie contracts and productive vets specifically to open cap space as soon as possible.
A rebuilding team looking for picks and young talent doesn't sell off like that on Ilyasova and rookie contracts unless they already have offers of 1st r picks for their capspace. What a rebuilding team does is trying to get as much value from its vets and the players it doesn't want to keep for the future.
Also with Philly Boston Minny etc around plus huge TPEs and the raise of the cap we won't be the only ones offering our capspace.
The Dudley move was very underrated here and I think it has to do with Doc being a coach-GM more than it has to do with the state of the market right now.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#831 » by Badgerlander » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:15 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/546903164692496384[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/547014230931558400[/tweet]
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#832 » by MadBlueEdwards » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Mihai wrote:As for PG, Schroeder would do.

Does he still have that weird patch of orange hair? If so, I have no interest.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#833 » by Treebeard » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:45 pm

DocHoliday wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/546903164692496384[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/547014230931558400[/tweet]

Not exactly a ringing endorsement as a teammate :o
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#834 » by SpursNBucks » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Why do people continue to think lottery bound teams would give up their 1st round pick for some overpaid crap we have on the roster? At least get realistic with ideas. The other thing is the Kings no longer have ANY interest in moving Mc Lemore so get over that fantasy.

Ersan is hurt - or he had value the way he was playing. Sanders has little value because of big contract and the fact he is so out of control = 2 high risk. Zaza may net you a 2nd round pick. Knight probably has the most value, but that is downgraded some because his contract is up.
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#835 » by CannondaleF400 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I wouldn't mind a trade of Knight for a SG prospect like Stauskas or Hardaway Jr. Schroder would be great but I don't think the Hawks move him. Knicks, Kings, Hawks all have playoff aspirations so you'd think they wouldn't mind Knight as a super-sub
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#836 » by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:17 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:Why do people continue to think lottery bound teams would give up their 1st round pick for some overpaid crap we have on the roster?

For a chance to push themselves into the playoffs. You have teams like Sacramento, New Orleans, Phoenix and Charlotte that would look to make moves to bolster their playoff chances. Again, it's about where in the lottery they are and what they would be getting back. I could definitely see a team with a late lottery pick moving it for a Brandon Knight, OJ Mayo or John Henson to give their teams an edge going into the second half of the season. Is it likely? Probably not, but you can't rule it out.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#837 » by chonestown » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:41 pm

One slightly used Josh Smith now available on the waiver wire.

Chances of SVG having a heart attack on the sideline plummet accordingly.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Dimitraa
Banned User

Post#838 » by Dimitraa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:00 pm

chonestown wrote:One slightly used Josh Smith now available on the waiver wire.

Only Philly can claim him off waivers but except from them we are the team that can offer him the best contract. Which we will not because he will go to a contender for a vet min.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#839 » by Nebula1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Schroder just played in Houston and started. He's really good and at this point, I imagine Teague is becoming more available.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#840 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Dimitraa wrote:
chonestown wrote:One slightly used Josh Smith now available on the waiver wire.

Only Philly can claim him off waivers but except from them we are the team that can offer him the best contract. Which we will not because he will go to a contender for a vet min.

can we pay him the most and then facilitate a trade to somebody who wants him? just curious if that's allowed.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks