ImageImage

PG: HAVE IT ALL!!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,736

Re: PG: HAVE IT ALL!!! 

Post#121 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:00 am

Wow that was a kick in the nuts game. No Dirk Mavs and we still decide to lose with stupid lineups. Kidd seems like he's going to get the longest way around to working out what works. Hopefully someone is awake at the wheel to make some trades when he figures it out.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#122 » by Ayt » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:10 am

paul wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ZeppelinPage wrote:Needed Giannis defense tbh.

Why, when we have Dudley?

Can we replace Kidd with one of the assistants? Kidd would probably make a decent assistant.

Thought Dudley was playing OK to tbh, and thought Giannis looked pretty tired, while Jabari and Sanders were both getting abused defensively.

I was OK with how Kidd handled it, as long as benching those guys doesn't become a habit.

I was fine with it as well. Maybe it will light a fire under their butts like it did last time.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,736

Post#123 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:14 am

I'm too impatient for an old man. :( Gimmie the young dudes.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#124 » by imithanos » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:48 am

Kidd shows some promising stuff though. We shouldnt forget that he's another Giannis. Just his 2nd year as a coach. I'm generally satisfied. He doesnt seem stubborn and has winning spirit. The latter is in every game obvious. Except the game with the Raptors and maybe Magic. :oops: In addition the spirit seems really good in the locker room.

We see our youngsters not getting bad habits. Although it's still too early to determinate that. And of course the most important is Ersan was showing again some promising stuff after long time until he got injured. :P
No hay banda.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#125 » by Jez2983 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 12:03 pm

So did Middleton play a lot better tonight? Seems so.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,080

Post#126 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:52 pm

Bernman wrote:That's still potentially 4 firsts next year. It'll probably end up as 3 though. That's still plenty for trade fodder with us, and like I mentioned Waiters and/or Thompson could go elsewhere providing us more of the value we'd prefer.

Bern, again, they don't have four firsts to trade unless you count the 2018-2020 picks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

Since their 2016 is already gone to Boston, by league rules they can't trade their 2015 or their 2017 as you can't move picks in consecutive years. And their 2015 is already part of a pick swap they owe with the Bulls.

As Emunney said, the Memphis pick they are owed this year is protected 1-5 and 15-30 this year and 1-5 next year. That's really the only pick they can deal at the moment.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#127 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:00 pm

CJTURT wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

THIS. Put him on Ellis and he never gets that shot off.

I honestly think there's about an 80% chance Giannis fouls Monta if he were defending him on the last possession.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,150

Post#128 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:03 pm

On a scale of not-even-a-little to someone-hacked-my-iCloud-and-my-facial-pics-are-all-over-the-Internet, how embarrassed do you think the refs must have been huddled around that TV watching Monta's buzzer beater? Its not as if Monta drove to the hoop in heavy traffic and got away with a travel because the refs couldn't see it. He got away with three steps and a spin right out in the open. Inexcusable.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,150

Post#129 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:07 pm

iJaeden wrote:Some of you guys need to relax on the Monta hate.

Maybe he was bad for the Bucks, but he has been a different player in Dallas for the last couple of seasons. He had a rough game tonight but he's been killing it in Dallas. Great player. Respect

Some Bucks fans still attach Monta to Bogut. And are still mad about that deal. So Monta's negatives will always be highlighted and his positives downplayed. He was a frustrating player at times in Milwaukee. But he was put in a no win situation with a horribly mismatched roster and backcourt. Not surprised he's bounced back in Dallas.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#130 » by Newz » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:26 pm

CJTURT wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

THIS. Put him on Ellis and he never gets that shot off.

I am surprised to see (well maybe not that surprised since some people think he's a seven foot Scottie Pippen) that people think Giannis could guard Monta. What stops Monta from just blowing by him like he isn't even there? Giannis doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay in front of him.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#131 » by cinematographer » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:48 pm

This will be very basic, but:

Let's be generous and say Knight had a 45% shot to hit that long two to tie. Let's then say the Mavs had 45% chance of scoring. That's only a ~25% chance of going to overtime when he took that shot. As the underdog.

A long two in that situation is just terrible.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#132 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:58 pm

I really like the fight the Bucks continue to show and they are definitely one of the League Cinderellas right now. Personally I hope they make the Playoffs and make a little noise.

Some good mojo going on there right now, it seems.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,013

Post#133 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:58 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Actually, that's exactly what happened. Now if you wanna say you don't think Knight was the reason for that, then fine. But that is what happened.

youre talking about the 3 pt lead that mysteriously disappeared over the final 3 minutes? you want blame that on knight? the 3 pt lead that the bench "built up"? the 3 pt lead that was all that was left after only scoring 2 pts in 4 minutes before knight re entered the game? is a this a damn joke or are you actually serious with this bulshti?

3 point lead??

yep.. 3 pt lead. that's what it was when he came back in after sitting the first 9 minutes of the 4th. go back and look at the play log if you dont believe me. then once you see it come back and offer me an apology.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#134 » by raferfenix » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:11 pm

BallinBucks420 wrote:ya im starting to think trading larry is the best thing for this team in the long run..just not worth paying someone 11 mil to grab 6 board score 6 points and play 20 mintues a night.

I think Larry is worth the money for his broader effect on the defense, especially with the salary cap expanding.

$11 million is a lot but not so exorbitant. A contender could even afford to have him come off the bench.

This is also why I'd only deal him if we could get a whole lot in return. Thinking about a Jrue Holiday or Dennis Schroder kind of deal, i.e. a long term starting caliber pass first PG.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#135 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:13 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
iJaeden wrote:Some of you guys need to relax on the Monta hate.

Maybe he was bad for the Bucks, but he has been a different player in Dallas for the last couple of seasons. He had a rough game tonight but he's been killing it in Dallas. Great player. Respect

Some Bucks fans still attach Monta to Bogut. And are still mad about that deal. So Monta's negatives will always be highlighted and his positives downplayed. He was a frustrating player at times in Milwaukee. But he was put in a no win situation with a horribly mismatched roster and backcourt. Not surprised he's bounced back in Dallas.

Yeah, part was the rumor we took Ellis not Curry and then he was bad fit with BJ3. Ellis was frustrating, his shooting #s last night were the reason, but I didn't hate the guy. He brought it every night and did some things well. By all accounts, he was fine in the locker room too. He's kind of an odd guy it seems, but nothing bad. Just was a bad fit for our team.

Tough loss, but what are you to do? He made a circus shot and got away with a walk. Play a cleaner game down the stretch and you shouldn't be in that spot either. I don't care benching Giannis to make a point/bad match for a game, but hope it doesn't become a trend. He needs to get minutes in the grand scheme of things.

Will this be the last time we're 500 for the season? Almost think so if the next couple weeks go as ugly as expected.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#136 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:18 pm

I really don't get trading Larry. It's not his fault he's playing the minutes he is, it's Kidd. He sits him much longer than he needs to even when there is foul trouble.

I just don't see his contract being bad with the cap rising. I mean, look at the recent deals being handed out. We need his paint defense, and his minutes need to be raised.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#137 » by Siefer » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:19 pm

Larry's defense is still elite. The problem is, his already paltry offense has regressed (14,952 missed bunnies and counting), and he's averaging nearly 4 fouls in 21 minutes per game. For comparison, he averaged 3.3 fouls in 27 minutes during the 2012-2013 season.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#138 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:21 pm

The fouls are here to stay, unfortunately. The refs hate Larry. He gets called for more non-fouls than any player in the league currently.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#139 » by Siefer » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:25 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I really don't get trading Larry. It's not his fault he's playing the minutes he is, it's Kidd. He sits him much longer than he needs to even when there is foul trouble.

I just don't see his contract being bad with the cap rising. I mean, look at the recent deals being handed out. We need his paint defense, and his minutes need to be raised.

He's averaging 4 fouls per 21, isn't converting the easy baskets he needs to convert to be relevant on the offensive end, and still has an explosive temper. I love Larry, but I don't fault Kidd for limiting his minutes.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#140 » by Treebeard » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:36 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I really don't get trading Larry. It's not his fault he's playing the minutes he is, it's Kidd. He sits him much longer than he needs to even when there is foul trouble.

Part of the problem appears to me that Larry - or Zaza have to do a disproportionate share of the paint defense. Larry is more aggressive on defence than Zaza, so he's likely to foul more frequently, anyway. Larry has been caught swatting at balls more like his first year too - that's something he needs to work through. Larry still struggles with his emotional control too, and as a result, he gets no slack at all from the refs.

Thunder Muscle, I think, has also pointed out that few of the Bucks front court guys have mastered the art of boxing out. They rely on their jumping ability to get rebounds, which only works to some extent.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks